Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

I used to quite like your posting @lancyclaret but christ, every post is filled with jealousy or insecurity about money.

You're in Europe! You should be buzzing for the season ahead, not worrying about other teams spending money or planning to spend money.

you have to assume literally nobody in burnley can afford to go to azerbaijan away. 

literally imagine if we were in europe again. i wouldn’t give a shit who we signed, who we had as manager or if we were already relegated, there’d be a holiday to some absolute third world country to absolutely buzz over. can only assume burnley fans are all weirdos, which we already knew. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I just love the fact they had the cheek to go back to Lyon, allegedly, and ask to buy him for cheaper cos he's crocked. Why would Lyon even entertain that lol 

I read it was the other way round and Lyon offered to accept less to keep the deal from falling through. It's a lot of money and they might not get another chance now he's known to have failed a medical.

Liverpool are such cheap-skates....tried to get Danny Ings for peanuts 3 years ago when we were relegated, so it went to a tribunal and we eventually got a lot more than they wanted  to pay.

Now they are trying to get Nick Pope for £15 million.:giggle: Good luck with that, Herr Klopp. You might get him but not for £15 million now he is an England international.

If Everton paid £25 million (rising to £30m) for Pickford before he played for England, do Liverpool really think they can get Pope for half that?

Edited by lancyclaret

24 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Liverpool are such cheap-skates....tried to get Danny Ings for peanuts 3 years ago when we were relegated, so it went to a tribunal and we eventually got a lot more than they wanted  to pay.

Now they are trying to get Nick Pope for £15 million.:giggle: Good luck with that, Herr Klopp. You might get him but not for £15 million now he is an England international.

If Everton paid £25 million (rising to £30m) for Pickford before he played for England, do Liverpool really think they can get Pope for half that?

U wait till they nick the wheels off dyche’s Ferrari ...........

Edited by st albans fox

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Perhaps you are better placed than anyone on here to judge who is better out of Heaton and Pope?

I'd imagine Burnley will want/have to sell one of them as they can't keep both happy as both are England internationals. Maybe they can keep both this season if they progress to the league stages of the Europa Cup and rotate them. Bottom line is that one of them won't be happy in the role of Burnley's reserve goalkeeper.

4 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

but not for £15 million now he is an England international.

He played for 25 mins in a meaningless friendly it’s hardly going to bump his price up by £10 million or so 

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Perhaps you are better placed than anyone on here to judge who is better out of Heaton and Pope?

I'd imagine Burnley will want/have to sell one of them as they can't keep both happy as both are England internationals. Maybe they can keep both this season if they progress to the league stages of the Europa Cup and rotate them. Bottom line is that one of them won't be happy in the role of Burnley's reserve goalkeeper.

It's 50-50. My preference is to keep Heaton and sell Pope for £30 million with a 25% clause for profit on any future sale.

Heaton is 32 but could stay with Burnley until he retires while Pope, at 26, is more likely to have "his head turned".

A lot of fans say Pope is better on crosses and commands his area better, but Heaton is a better shot-stopper and more vocal to keep his defenders on their toes.

Dyche is big on loyalty so my hunch is he'll put Heaton as No 1 when the season starts. Pope could go after World Cup or may be asked to stay as No 2 (but given Euro games) and allowed to leave in January 

Edited by lancyclaret

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

It's 50-50. My preference is to keep Heaton and sell Pope for £30 million with a 25% clause for profit on any future sale.

Heaton is 32 but could stay with Burnley until he retires while Pope, at 26, is more likely to have "his head turned".

A lot of fans say Pope is better on crosses and commands his area better, but Heaton is a better shot-stopper and more vocal to keep his defenders on their toes.

Dyche is big on loyalty so my hunch is he'll put Heaton as No 1 when the season starts. Pope could go after World Cup or may be asked to stay as No 2 (but given Euro games) and allowed to leave in January 

No one is paying 30 million for a 26 year old keeper after one good year.

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Someone will. He has still got another 10 years ahead of him and goalkeepers don’t tend to hit their prime until early 30’s. 

Add in the fact that he’s English and that will add another £10 million on. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Everton paid 25 mil for Pickford who only had one year in the Prem. Heaton is good value at 30 in todays market. I would be happy to see him come here for 30. An investment in the future !!

24 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Everton paid 25 mil for Pickford who only had one year in the Prem. Heaton is good value at 30 in todays market. I would be happy to see him come here for 30. An investment in the future !!

The suggestion was pope would go fo 30 not heaton. Even the papers have only suggested liverpool will pay 15 million and they tend to over exaggerate prices.

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The suggestion was pope would go fo 30 not heaton. Even the papers have only suggested liverpool will pay 15 million and they tend to over exaggerate prices.

I screwed that up!! I was talking about Pope as well. Sorry.

17 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Everton did. Pickford younger but goalies can play until 40 or more.

Pope should go for not less than £25 million.

Edited by lancyclaret

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've actively been trying to post less on here from last week. No point clogging it up with Wolves stuff. 

Bloody Wolves fans, coming on here with your insight and moral higher ground. Be more territorial and hateful please. :P :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've actively been trying to post less on here from last week. No point clogging it up with Wolves stuff. 

Not your fault mate. You post one tiny bit of info about your club on the correct thread and it follows with 8 pages of "REEEEE ALL WE EVER HEAR ABOUT IS WOLVES HURR DURR".

Don't expect people to agree with you, but don't let that stop you posting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

30 Mill for Pope? are you having a laugh? I know Pickford went for an outrageous fee, but he had standout performances and kept his team in games. Pope's had a good season largely because you play 10 behind the ball and hoof it up to Wood or Barnes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1