Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

12 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Probably not. In 50 years, not many will remember LCFC winning the title in 2015/16.

Do you remember Burnley winning the title in 1960?

Yes I do, well from looking back at that time sometime after. The difference is it wasn't even a surprise back then never mind a massive shock as Burnley were one of the more consistent top tier teams back then 

22 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Probably not. In 50 years, not many will remember LCFC winning the title in 2015/16.

cinquantenaire 

Going to Comeback,and do a Happy memories-haunt,with my best Mate King Dick,

We are burnt in PL annuals of History...No Leicester Fan, present,and Not yet Born,will

be allowed to forget,it willbe Carried from Parents to Kids,in Pub quizzes,..QI on Dave.

,Not forgetting the Italien-Football-Media, Who will Always Claim bragging rights.

Vardy-story will eventually be completed,in 50yrs with a not yet Born film star.

It will Run longer than Moustrap,Gunsmoke,Bonanza,loose-women and Dallas,combined.

King Dick,and I ( maybe Lady Jane Grey),have promised to haunt and Cheer from the terraces,

every 50yrs.We'll have Ranieri and Boticelli,alongside to Keep US in good Spirits.....

More Ghouls   sorry goals guarranteed..

Less..they..forget!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yes I do, well from looking back at that time sometime after. The difference is it wasn't even a surprise back then never mind a massive shock as Burnley were one of the more consistent top tier teams back then 

Also Seen AS having,a great youth Set Up,and a then modern science Coaching staff.

Burnley was truelly a great big...small Club.

Unfortunately a consistent feeder Club.Lost many a  good  Player ,at wrong times.

Just Like today,the richer Clubs,Just Dipped Into this Goldmine of young talent,

Natural Football movement...

On 05/06/2018 at 11:56, MC Prussian said:

I can share @The Bear's optimism for next season, after all, they won the Championship title at a canter.

What you need to be aware of, though, is how you proceed from here.

The first season back in the Premier League, you can probably count on the euphoria and the togetherness of the Championship title-winning squad still.

The second year is when it gets more difficult and you search to find your place in the division.

We were lucky in that regard and many factors combined then gave us some of the best moments in our club's history.

What Wolves fans ought to worry about is being witnesses to a team built from scratch again, funded with millions from a dodgy agent, new players that need to gel first (unlike the core of our team that managed the Great Escape in 2014/15). You can talk and dream of big names and big bucks all you want to, but it's no guarantee for success in this league.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours next season as another Midlands club, but don't let cockiness get in your way.

B7C9BD2F-90DC-4CCB-884E-9F94596BFEE7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

I think they will as it was such an upset.  A bit like 2nd division Sunderland winning the FA cup in the 70s that still gets mentioned.

...Also, we are never gonna stop reminding everybody!  :)

It doesn't really matter though, the important thing is, we will remember and it's in the bank forever.

As for Burnley, I don't know why people are having a pop today.  I say well done for grabbing 7th and good luck in Europe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

cinquantenaire 

Going to Comeback,and do a Happy memories-haunt,with my best Mate King Dick,

We are burnt in PL annuals of History...No Leicester Fan, present,and Not yet Born,will

be allowed to forget,it willbe Carried from Parents to Kids,in Pub quizzes,..QI on Dave.

,Not forgetting the Italien-Football-Media, Who will Always Claim bragging rights.

Vardy-story will eventually be completed,in 50yrs with a not yet Born film star.

It will Run longer than Moustrap,Gunsmoke,Bonanza,loose-women and Dallas,combined.

King Dick,and I ( maybe Lady Jane Grey),have promised to haunt and Cheer from the terraces,

every 50yrs.We'll have Ranieri and Boticelli,alongside to Keep US in good Spirits.....

More Ghouls   sorry goals guarranteed..

Less..they..forget!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

"Yeah just spin these stupid lights around at look at the cameras without any emotion. It's a new kit promo you say? Ok we're gonna have to turn off most of the lights so you can barely see it too, put some vaseline on the lens there Bob!" - Arsenal marketing dept. 2018

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Wow, the new away kit is... PLAIN BLACK!

Great way of introducing a kit colour that is none and such an unspectacular shirt.

it’s actually navy with a red stripe though it, went on sale today and they have announced that 4xl,5xl and 6xl are already sold out 

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

it’s actually navy with a red stripe though it, went on sale today and they have announced that 4xl,5xl and 6xl are already sold out 

It's a very dark blue, right? And the red stripe is almost violet-ish.

Are these the kids sizes? Looking forward to seeing a lot of chubby Arsenal fans with shirts that are too tight. lol

Looks better in real life than in the video - and why they felt the need not to show its true colours remains Puma's secret.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Olympique Lyonnais attacking midfielder Nabil Fekir having a medical at Liverpool tomorrow, according to L'Equipe.

Rumored to sign for 65 million Euro (£57m), plus 7 million Euro (£6.1m) as bonus.

Good luck insuring those knees. 

On 05/06/2018 at 12:19, ScouseFox said:

the thing wolves fans don’t seem to understand/seem to be willing to ignore is that if any of these players they’re linked to were actually any good they obviously wouldn’t be signing for wolves. 

Cancelo off to Juventus now by the sounds of it. Who was it on here who said he was rubbish? Always going to happen at some point unfortunately when we're aiming so big in our first season. 

Just now, The Bear said:

Cancelo off to Juventus now by the sounds of it. Who was it on here who said he was rubbish? Always going to happen at some point unfortunately when we're aiming so big in our first season. 

Frankly I'd rather have ambitious clubs in the league than a Stoke, Swansea or West Brom.

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

so that’s proving my point? if they are any good they won’t join wolves. this guy is apparently good... so... isn’t joining wolves...? 

still never heard of him tbf

If I was a top player, I'd choose any big city PL team or European club over Wolves. 

They'll have to pay well over the "going rate" to achieve their ambition of joining the Big Six.

Fosun keep boasting how much money they have got - other clubs will see WWFC coming from a mile off and start rubbing their hands together. Man City. Selling club: "We want £50 million for him." Wolves. "It will cost you £60 million."