Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Cancelo off to Juventus now by the sounds of it. Who was it on here who said he was rubbish? Always going to happen at some point unfortunately when we're aiming so big in our first season. 

I said he's very defensively suspect and I stand by that. 

Fortunately for Juve, they don't need their wing backs to really do any defending at all so he'll probably do fairly well there. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

so that’s proving my point? if they are any good they won’t join wolves. this guy is apparently good... so... isn’t joining wolves...? 

still never heard of him tbf

Yeah I just quoted your post to give some context to my post. 

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Word out of the east end is that Arnautovic to Man U around 60m is going ahead - makes mahrez look a snip ! 

He has the ability to be very good in a better team. The old 'attitude' chestnut follows him around though. Love or hate Mourinho, he'll sling him in the youth squad if he gets mardy at Man U. Not capable of the same things as Riyad but could be equally as effective if he gets his head down. 

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

He has the ability to be very good in a better team. The old 'attitude' chestnut follows him around though. Love or hate Mourinho, he'll sling him in the youth squad if he gets mardy at Man U. Not capable of the same things as Riyad but could be equally as effective if he gets his head down. 

Riyad is three years younger ...........................

• Like 1

Why don't Wolves offer us £100m for Riyad?

I thought Liverpool wanted Malcolm for Bordeaux - I found him pretty disappointing this season - don't think he'll be any good in the prem if he signs over here.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why don't Wolves offer us £100m for Riyad?

I thought Liverpool wanted Malcolm for Bordeaux - I found him pretty disappointing this season - don't think he'll be any good in the prem if he signs over here.

Riyad's with Joorabchian, not Mendez

Harry Kane signs new six-year deal with Tottenham worth £90MILLION as he doubles his salary and Spurs smash their pay structure to keep star striker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5821351/Harry-Kane-agrees-new-six-year-deal-Tottenham-worth-90MILLION.html

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I said he's very defensively suspect and I stand by that. 

Fortunately for Juve, they don't need their wing backs to really do any defending at all so he'll probably do fairly well there. 

It's a bit like Man United signing Darmian. You don't become a great player just by signing for a great club.

Cancelo is Portugal's 4th choice right back for a reason.

Harry Kane? £280k a week. Bobby Smith was just as good in Spurs' double side of 1961....I think he earned a basic £20 a week.

Judge for yourselves: Smith (for Spurs) 271 games, 176 goals; (for England) 15 games, 13 goals.

Kane (for Spurs) 150 games, 108 goals; (for England) 24 games, 13 goals.

Smith was a league & FA Cup double winner (1961), FA Cup winner (1962), European Cup Winners champions (1963). Kane honours - zilch.

The maximum wage of £20 a week was abolished in 1961. Johnny Haynes of Fulham became the first £100 a week player in 1961 and George Best the first £1,000 a week player in 1971.

Edited by lancyclaret

I’m pretty sure this new phrase “The-BIG-6” has been designed to make sure we aren’t part of it, and to keep us in our supposed ‘mid table club’ place. I absolutely despise what is happening with the Premier League and the media at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

I’m pretty sure this new phrase “The-BIG-6” has been designed to make sure we aren’t part of it, and to keep us in our supposed ‘mid table club’ place. I absolutely despise what is happening with the Premier League and the media at the moment. 

You can blame Burnley as well. Had an excellent chance of finishing above Arsenal but we were pathetic in last 5 games (2 points).

59 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It's a bit like Man United signing Darmian. You don't become a great player just by signing for a great club.

Cancelo is Portugal's 4th choice right back for a reason.

Coincidentally, Darmian is rumored to return back to Italy - Juve are calling. I do hope he can revive his career there.