Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

59 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Be thankful there's not a lot about the verminous Spuds!!.. 

Have I ever mentioned that I hate the c***s?

No. But we should chat about it. I hate the cvnts as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

30 Mill for Pope? are you having a laugh? I know Pickford went for an outrageous fee, but he had standout performances and kept his team in games. Pope's had a good season largely because you play 10 behind the ball and hoof it up to Wood or Barnes.

Yeah he did really well in keeping his team down to losing only 26 games & conceding 69 goals. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

We have gone for the Dortmund look with yellow and black stripes which is a first ..

https://mobile.twitter.com/WatfordFC/status/1006181763444592640/photo/1

Mixed reaction so far bit I like it - something different to the norm.

I like it, don‘t see why so many people are taking offence at black stripes on a yellow Watford shirt?

The small bee in the back area is a smart idea.

Btw, discussion‘s already going on in the football kit thread (see „General Football“ sub-forum).

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Is one of those the guy West Ham wanted ?

Yeah West Ham want Carvalho, Arsenal want Martins and Wolves want Patricio.

I'm not sure how sound legally it is for them just to hand in resignation letters, well over 100m worth of players there.

They have apparently said they will withdraw their letters if their bonkers president resigns. The ultimate player power move lol

5 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

30 Mill for Pope? are you having a laugh? I know Pickford went for an outrageous fee, but he had standout performances and kept his team in games. Pope's had a good season largely because you play 10 behind the ball and hoof it up to Wood or Barnes.

Stay classy Leicestershire.  X

1 hour ago, brucey said:

lol We might have saved 22m on Silva and got him on a free if we had waited until this summer...

Probably got the ability to hold their registrations and prevent them from playing, certainly seems vindictive enough makes you wonder if he didn't have something to do with Silva's delay to get back at him for having the nerve to want to leave.

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

Probably got the ability to hold their registrations and prevent them from playing, certainly seems vindictive enough makes you wonder if he didn't have something to do with Silva's delay to get back at him for having the nerve to want to leave.

Silva did an interview basically pointing the finger at him for intentionally making the transfer difficult. The president denied it and asked Silva to retract his comment, saying something like "if you're honourable you'll put out a statement clarifying you didn't mean what you said". Absolute silence from Silva in response lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Pleased that Sporting president is being made to look a twat, he's come across as nothing but an absolute piece in all our negotiations with his club.

Ask yourself this:

If you had to choose sides between the Sporting CP president de Carvalho and Jorge Mendes, whom would you choose?

Do you reckon lancyclaret's kids are like "Dad, I don't want to talk about Nick Pope's value and it's relation to his hypothetical transfer fee anymore, I just want to play on my playstation."?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Do you reckon lancyclaret's kids are like "Dad, I don't want to talk about Nick Pope's value and it's relation to his hypothetical transfer fee anymore, I just want to play on my playstation."?

No more so than the children of FT posters and discussions about Andy King’s status as an LCFC legend and the financial windfall of Mahrez’s sale being converted into expected production by 1/2/3 potential signings 

44 minutes ago, Wookie said:

No chance of a Playstation unfortunately. Supporting Burnley requires you to burn all your pound notes and other resources, then constantly praise yourself for your massive overachievement in life

Sporting's president (Bruno de Carvalho) is a nutjob. Constantly slagging off the players there and causing unrest.

We've been trying to sign their GK Patricio for a couple of weeks and the president suddenly upped the price from €18m to €20m after the deal was agreed, the player had a medical and agreed a contract. We told him to piss off and Patricio was the first to cancel his contract just over a week ago because of it. We'll get him for free now and Sporting will sue any player who cancels their contract. 

They all have just cause though as it was them who were attacked on the training ground by 50 masked/hooded supporters. Bas Dost got cuts on his head and the place was trashed. All the players want out. 

All these players are worth well over £200m, and I've been told Acuna and Battaglia will follow tomorrow as well. 

Bruno Fernandes is very highly rated by Sporting fans, but he apparently wants Juventus. Martins was linked with Arsenal but is close to a deal with Benfica. I'd take any of them at Wolves including William Carvalho

--------------

As an aside, were also signing striker Raul Jiminez from Benfica. Season long loan with a €30m purchase option. Looks a lot like a better version of Bonatini who we had last season. 

Edited by The Bear