Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Good example of why Italy is a good market to pilfer, that's chump change in the current climate for a young international of his caliber. 

I hope the move puts a bit more pressure on that Albanian bald eagle.

Torreria was impressive in the World Cup, reminded me a bit of Kante in that he made a number of interceptions despite being quite a small guy. Not as good at tackling, but same nose for interceptions and actually quite a good passer of the ball. I think he might end up being one of those "under the radar" signings a bit like Maguire and of course Kante have been for us in recent years.

Not sure what to make of Arsenal's new look. I feel like they have signed players for the positions they were weak in (GK, CB, DCM), but that none of their signings are particularly impressive. But at the end of the day it's a team game and if their new manager can gel them they might improve. Right now though I think they will finish in the same position as last season (6th) depending on what happens with Chelsea. When you look at their side the only player you really fear is Aubameyang who I think will easily reach 20 league goals this year.

In an ideal world I maintain some hope that Puel's new signings smash it early doors and we come out of the gates flying and nick 5th place from the Arsenal clubs. Of course there's also the fear that losing the Mahrez creativity makes us significantly worse, leading to a Puel exit and another coach coming in who will want to change up the squad again, leading to a tough old season!

However, having seen a number of our players do quite well at the World Cup, I think another top half (hopefully top 7) finish is on the cards.

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Now watch Wilshere getting an England call-up sometimes soon...

I don't think Southgate is as easily influenced as previous managers. There will be no free rides with Gareth.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fulham in talks with Seri from Nice apparently – am I missing something? Thought he was meant to be the absolute bollocks?

he reckons he is. 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Wolves could be ordered to pay up to 48m for Rui Patricio lol

Even if they do have to pay something it won't be anywhere near that and it's likely to be a figure well below his true worth.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Even if they do have to pay something it won't be anywhere near that and it's likely to be a figure well below his true worth.

Yeah I would be surprised if its that much I must admit but there is a reason clubs are just cherry picking Sporting players at the minute.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Incredible signing by Fulham! Seri had agreed terms last year with Barcelona only to pull the plug at the last second so to get him is quite the coup and I think he’ll do well in the Premier League. 

Yeah - but Fulham?  Weird. 

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah - but Fulham?  Weird. 

It stinks of going for the paycheck rather than the opportunity, but the player is a good one. Perhaps he wants the opportunity to be guaranteed first team and show what he can do?

Regardless of motive, I think it's a good addition to the league. Kind of jealous we missed out, but we have enough players in that position.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

It stinks of going for the paycheck rather than the opportunity, but the player is a good one. Perhaps he wants the opportunity to be guaranteed first team and show what he can do?

Regardless of motive, I think it's a good addition to the league. Kind of jealous we missed out, but we have enough players in that position.

the end of he day he does well at Fulham bigger bids will come in next summer so win win for him  and Fulham really gives him the opportunity to be the big fish in a small pond.

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is true. Be interesting to see what he can do. Obviously a talented player.