Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I reckon it’s gonna go a bit tits for this Sarri bloke don’t know why. Hope I’m right though.

It’ll probably be the part where Abramovich think Gomes plus cash is a great deal and sells Kante to Barcelona lol 

Even French supporters now say that it doesn't matter if a team gets past Kanté because N'Golo is there to cover. 2 PL titles, an FA cup and a world cup in 3 years. Needs to go to Barca to have a chance of adding the CL trophy for the set.

13 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feels like a weaker league next season for some reason imo, but think the race for the title and relegation could go to the wire.

I'm not so sure. West Ham will be stronger this year, Everton will probably get their act together, Wolves and Fulham will probably be above average promoted sides. Cardiff will no doubt go down, but apart from that there aren't any stand out weak sides unless Huddersfield get 'second season syndrome'. 

Last year we really should have finished 7th. This year, I'd be far less disappointed with 9th. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm not so sure. West Ham will be stronger this year, Everton will probably get their act together, Wolves and Fulham will probably be above average promoted sides. Cardiff will no doubt go down, but apart from that there aren't any stand out weak sides unless Huddersfield get 'second season syndrome'. 

Last year we really should have finished 7th. This year, I'd be far less disappointed with 9th. 

I’d be happy with 9th tbh. Risky season ahead with a rebuilt side. Hope they gel.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Really hope Chelsea lose Kante... They can see then what gap it leaves!.. The guy's irreplaceable! 

If kante goes this seasons a great chance for someone to break into the top six. Arsenal in transition and disarray at Chelsea. Great chance for 3/4 sides if they can get there shit together.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If kante goes this seasons a great chance for someone to break into the top six. Arsenal in transition and disarray at Chelsea. Great chance for 3/4 sides if they can get there shit together.

:frantics:

:ph34r: their

50 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Tbh there was "disarray" at Chelsea when Mourinho got sacked (recall their fans booing the likes of Fabregas and Hazard) but Conte came in and won the league.

Sarri is a really un-Chelsea like appointment. Never won a major trophy and only ever managed one major team. Napoli played incredible stuff but didn’t win anything. The manager has already missed out on one week of preseason, has several star performers still at the World Cup and it’s almost inevitable that Hazard will go to Real Madrid. It’s going to take some job to get them ready in time, especially if they are going to fundamentally change the way they play. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Even French supporters now say that it doesn't matter if a team gets past Kanté because N'Golo is there to cover. 2 PL titles, an FA cup and a world cup in 3 years. Needs to go to Barca to have a chance of adding the CL trophy for the set.

The man will get all the trophies in Europe and a World Cup trophy at a canter.

I wonder what motivates the little guy. He rode around Leicester in a mini. He spend his time in Russia wandering around with a backpack nearly as big as him. He's a casual, unassuming genius.

Chelsea sign Jorginho, who knows Sarri from Napoli. Suppose he wants to build a team around the Brazilian central midfielder, which means we could see quite a high number of players leaving Chelsea (as mentioned in another post).

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh there was "disarray" at Chelsea when Mourinho got sacked (recall their fans booing the likes of Fabregas and Hazard) but Conte came in and won the league.

Correct. But remind me who they bought in to win that league.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Chelsea sign Jorginho, who knows Sarri from Napoli. Suppose he wants to build a team around the Brazilian central midfielder, which means we could see quite a high number of players leaving Chelsea (as mentioned in another post).

He’s Italian isn’t he?

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He’s Italian isn’t he?

Yeah but it’s like Diego Costa. 

Be very interesting as Sarri very rarely has any input on transfers. And Chelsea’s current transfers have been awful. 

Feel for Loftus Cheek, another midfielder he has to dislodge

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Woudont be surprised if some of West Ham's transfer funds has come from the public like their stadium..

Or their pubic funds

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everton just beaten an amateur side 22-0, in an impromptu friendly at their training camp. Half expecting the media to spout shite like they're ready for a top 4 challenge on that performance.

And West Ham.