Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

18 hours ago, Corky said:

What deterrent can you give, though? Borunemouth, or most clubs now, will comfortably pay any fine off. You'd have to start looking into points deductions, stopping transfers and the like to really hit a club that has been promoted and have the resources to cope with fines.

Your points deduction idea would be a good one if the PL & EFL could agree it.

For promoted clubs who break the rules by going over the FFP loss limit, how about a 1 point deduction for every £5 million over the limit?

Apparently, Bournemouth failed FFP by £38 million-plus in 2014/15. Under my proposal, they would have started the 2015/16 PL season on minus 8 points (they finished 16th with 42 points, but the deduction would have put them on 34 and relegated in 18th place instead of Newcastle).

A rule like this would certainly make smaller clubs with a rich "sugar daddy" (like Bournemouth, Wigan) think twice about flouting the FFP rules.

Edited by lancyclaret

Friday, 10 August

20:00 Man Utd v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 11 August

12:30 Newcastle v Spurs (Sky Sports)

17:30 Wolves v Everton (BT Sport)

Sunday, 12 August

13:30 Liverpool v West Ham (Sky Sports)

16:00 Arsenal v Man City (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 18 August

12:30 Cardiff v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

17:30 Chelsea v Arsenal (BT Sport)

Sunday, 19 August

13:30 Man City v Huddersfield (Sky Sports)

16:00 Brighton v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Monday, 20 August

20:00 Crystal Palace v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 25 August

12:30 Wolves v Man City (Sky Sports)

17:30 Liverpool v Brighton (BT Sport)

Sunday, 26 August

13:30 Watford v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

16:00 Newcastle v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Monday, 27 August

20:00 Man Utd v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 1 September

12:30 Leicester v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

17:30 Man City v Newcastle (BT Sport)

Sunday, 2 September

13:30 Cardiff v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

16:00 Watford v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 15 September

12:30 Spurs v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

17:30 Watford v Man Utd (BT Sport)

Sunday, 16 September

13:30 Wolves v Burnley (Sky Sports)

16:00 Everton v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Monday, 17 September

20:00 Southampton v Brighton (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 22 September

12:30 Fulham v Watford (Sky Sports)

17:30 Brighton v Spurs (BT Sport)

Sunday, 23 September

13:30 West Ham v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

16:00 Arsenal v Everton (Sky Sports)

Saturday, 29 September

12:30 West Ham v Man Utd (BT Sport)

17:30 Chelsea v Liverpool (BT Sport)

Sunday, 30 September

16:00 Cardiff v Burnley (Sky Sports)

Monday, 1 October

20:00 AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

All of our first three home games on Sky! They obviously fancy us a bit then. 

There's a quota, every team is supposed to feature X times minimum. The newly promoted sides often get their games at the start of the year while the hype and curiosity is still high. 

There's a few Cardiff games on early doors there as well and a couple of Fulham. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

There's a quota, every team is supposed to feature X times minimum. The newly promoted sides often get their games at the start of the year while the hype and curiosity is still high. 

There's a few Cardiff games on early doors there as well and a couple of Fulham. 

yeah think it's 10 times per season. Usually as you say a few at the start and then some towards the end of the season when most likely teams are in relegation battle (or a title run-in :ph34r: )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

As someone who has stated he has Welsh allegiance (?), reckon you have a small soft spot for Cardiff to do well (and Neil Warnock)..:whistle:

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

As someone who has stated he has Welsh allegiance (?), reckon you have a small soft spot for Cardiff to do well (and Neil Warnock)..:whistle:

I want to see both of the Welsh clubs in the Premier League, ideally, it's good for football in the country.

But if I was anything I'd be a closet Jack, I was born in Carmarthen in West Wales and lived / went to school in a village near Port Talbot. They're two towns either side of Swansea and if I'd never moved to Leicester I guess they'd be my local team.

• Like 1

Funny that, my views are totally opposite, would like both the Welsh clubs kicking out of the ENGLISH leagues, we don`t have the Scots or the Irish clubs, the fans really wind me up with the anti English chants, if England is "full of shit" sod off and play in the league of Wales, enjoy your games against Total Network Solutions and the like !!

Edited by mad biker
spelling error
  • Haha 2

The much maligned and less than reliable indikalia tweets that NG wants out of Chelsea. 

Before the tournament began, Matt law wrote that NG was fully committed to Chelsea. This got me thinking .....: two years ago, NG went to the euros and the club were convinced he was staying. Whilst in France things changed and once conte got hold of him, fac to face, he was convinced to go immediately .......

maybe chelsea will be the victims of the current sojourn of NG amongst the French squad ....... I assume PSG although wouldn’t surprise you if real or Barca havent decided to take a punt on him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Wilshere signs for WHU 3 year contract

West Ham IMO making quite similar signings to last season when they signed experienced players (Zabaleta, Hart, Arnautovic, Chicharito). Didn't work out too well for them last season though.

Their biggest signing is surely their manager as Pellegrini is a good coach. I hope he doesn't do too well because West Ham and Everton are probably the most likely teams to be fighting it out with us for 7th spot in terms of financials. Burnley of course got it last season, but I think with European football this season they won't have the same level of consistency. 

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Angus Gunn reportedly off to Southampton.........a fee of £15mil in one article 

I'd like to have seen us go for him, especially at that price. Think he'll be a good goalkeeper.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The much maligned and less than reliable indikalia tweets that NG wants out of Chelsea. 

Before the tournament began, Matt law wrote that NG was fully committed to Chelsea. This got me thinking .....: two years ago, NG went to the euros and the club were convinced he was staying. Whilst in France things changed and once conte got hold of him, fac to face, he was convinced to go immediately .......

maybe chelsea will be the victims of the current sojourn of NG amongst the French squad ....... I assume PSG although wouldn’t surprise you if real or Barca havent decided to take a punt on him. 

Take a punt is an interesting turn of phrase for the best defensive midfielder in the world lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd like to have seen us go for him, especially at that price. Think he'll be a good goalkeeper.

Difficult one - if Kasper was 1/2 years older then it would make sense. Shame as Gunn will be the next best thing in terms of GKs IMO, £15m is a steal. Southampton already have 2 GKs (Forster & The guy they got from QPR who has just signed a new deal). 

16 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Difficult one - if Kasper was 1/2 years older then it would make sense. Shame as Gunn will be the next best thing in terms of GKs IMO, £15m is a steal. Southampton already have 2 GKs (Forster & The guy they got from QPR who has just signed a new deal). 

True. I have been a critic of Kasper's - last season I thought he was constantly below his standard - but I guess you're probably right. Gunn will get games at Southampton. I imagine Forster may be the one that goes as McCarthy was number one for large parts of the season.

I never personally rated Forster as high as other English goalkeepers.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

True. I have been a critic of Kasper's - last season I thought he was constantly below his standard - but I guess you're probably right. Gunn will get games at Southampton. I imagine Forster may be the one that goes as McCarthy was number one for large parts of the season.

I never personally rated Forster as high as other English goalkeepers.

2014/15 Fraser Forster was class, before he got the knee injury. 

forster 

Clyne

Alderweirled

fonte 

Bertrand

thats was a ridiculous back 4 for non top 6 side tbh, they then replaced Clyne and Toby with VVD and Cedric.

Edited by OhYesNdidi