Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

0 minutes again today. Not going great for him

I don't think that report about him being unhappy with minutes has gone down too well with Pep.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

If he was at leicester still he would have been off to france pouting about not playing and demanding a transfer by now. 

Enjoy the humble pie mahrez its not so easy to play in a stacked team.  Sure better chance to win league and cups but dont you want to play?????

pretty sure that when he wins 4 trophies, scoring in all 4 competitions and being involved in all 4 trophy presentations he’ll be gutted he isn’t being booed for not tracking back as we lose 0-1 to newcastle yet again. 

If he was at leicester still he would have been off to france pouting about not playing and demanding a transfer by now. 

Enjoy the humble pie mahrez its not so easy to play in a stacked team.  Sure better chance to win league and cups but dont you want to play?????

He wo he wuldn't even get a medal like the one he earned with us lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

pretty sure that when he wins 4 trophies, scoring in all 4 competitions and being involved in all 4 trophy presentations he’ll be gutted he isn’t being booed for not tracking back as we lose 0-1 to newcastle yet again. 

Meehh  doubt he will  feel as accomplished  knowing he didnt play in as many games but he has his serious pound notes to cry into if needed. 

48 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Odd you appear to be revelling in the misfortune of the most gifted player ever to wear the Leicester City shirt. 

I wouldnt say revelling exactly but perhaps   little fist pump under the radar that nobody sees lol.  Definitely miss him as a player he just fit our team well. Hate to see him being wasted  at man shitty thats all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Meehh  doubt he will  feel as accomplished  knowing he didnt play in as many games but he has his serious pound notes to cry into if needed. 

I wouldnt say revelling exactly but perhaps   little fist pump under the radar that nobody sees lol.  Definitely miss him as a player he just fit our team well. Hate to see him being wasted  at man shitty thats all.

Do you understand the phrase ‘under the radar’?

Just now, murphy said:

The same player who flounced his way out of the door after his January strike and the airport debacle?  Who wouldn't feel a twinge of satisfaction?

Well, I guess those who appreciated the utterly beautiful moments he gave the football club. You should remember those moments and not the mess the people advising him got him into towards the end. 

7 hours ago, surrifox said:

For someone who can’t possibly know the  detail of the transaction you’re pretty dogmatic about apportioning responsibility . 

It's not about apportioning blame. The transfer was agreed by both clubs and ratified by the Welsh FA. Cardiff have insurance, its just a matter of paying up then claiming. Of course Cardiff are making sure they have everything above board before they pay a penny. It's just a nothing story. 

Guest Markyblue
7 hours ago, Nalis said:

Cant wait to quote this when he rips the Champions League a new arsehole.

Hes got to play first and lets be honest he isn't at the moment. 

10 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

0 minutes again today. Not going great for him

I can fully understand players wanting to improve and test themselves, make more money (because 100k a week isn't really enough) and win trophies. But surely they want to play too? 

I know it's a squad game nowadays, but it was not like he was signed as a squad player. What satisfaction would you actually get knowing you were only a bit part player of a cup or league winning team, especially when you are the team's most expensive ever signing? I would think you would leave yourself open to ridicule than be worshiped as part of the winning team?

If Manchester City go on to win the title, will Mahrez get more satisfaction with his bit part in that title win? Or with his immense contribution he made to our title winning season? Or will he not even care because he's won another trophy, being paid 150,000k whilst sitting on the bench?

I hope it works out for him, and he just doesn't become yet another player who moved to a 'big club' and drifted into obscurity, like Drinkwater, Lambert and countless others).

Mahrez is a special player. I hope he'll play a lot more as the season goes into the business end.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I can fully understand players wanting to improve and test themselves, make more money (because 100k a week isn't really enough) and win trophies. But surely they want to play too? 

I know it's a squad game nowadays, but it was not like he was signed as a squad player. What satisfaction would you actually get knowing you were only a bit part player of a cup or league winning team, especially when you are the team's most expensive ever signing? I would think you would leave yourself open to ridicule than be worshiped as part of the winning team?

If Manchester City go on to win the title, will Mahrez get more satisfaction with his bit part in that title win? Or with his immense contribution he made to our title winning season? Or will he not even care because he's won another trophy, being paid 150,000k whilst sitting on the bench?

I hope it works out for him, and he just doesn't become yet another player who moved to a 'big club' and drifted into obscurity, like Drinkwater, Lambert and countless others).

Mahrez is a special player. I hope he'll play a lot more as the season goes into the business end.

Exactly. How could winning the league with Man City this year begin to compare with the satisfaction of knowing that he was instrumental in Leicester winning the title. He's scored goals for Man City, but I can't think of any situations where he's won them the match, like with us so many times (let's not talk about that penalty, hey).

• Like 2

Really can't understand why Man City signed Riyad. Not because I don't think he's good enough to play for them but simply because they already have so many high quality players who can fit into the 3 positions behind the striker. It's no wonder he gets no game time. His signing was driven either by pure greed or to stop another Big 6 team coming in for him. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

49 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Exactly. How could winning the league with Man City this year begin to compare with the satisfaction of knowing that he was instrumental in Leicester winning the title. He's scored goals for Man City, but I can't think of any situations where he's won them the match, like with us so many times (let's not talk about that penalty, hey).

i think people might be missing the point (or being really thick) here. 

mahrez didnt leave half way through our title challenge, did he? we’re not comparing the two situations because one will never happen again. if the options were play half the time for man city and win it or play every game, be PFA player of the year and almost single handedly win it, he’d choose us every time. 

but the options were to either play quite a bit but not every game and win a lot of things at arguably the best club side in the world at the moment, or play every game whilst getting booed by some of our fans because you tried to leave and apparently don’t defend enough whilst we finish in the bottom half after winning about 5 game all season.  

and dress it up however you like but even as a leicester fan id have left us. anyone who gets a top 6 offer, let alone an offer from the champions, from guardiola, from man city, will leave in a flash. get used to it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

mahrez didnt leave half way through our title challenge, did he? we’re not comparing the two situations because one will never happen again. if the options were play half the time for man city and win it or play every game, be PFA player of the year and almost single handedly win it, he’d choose us every time. 

but the options were to either play quite a bit but not every game and win a lot of things at arguably the best club side in the world at the moment, or play every game whilst getting booed by some of our fans because you tried to leave and apparently don’t defend enough whilst we finish in the bottom half after winning about 5 game all season.  

and dress it up however you like but even as a leicester fan id have left us. anyone who gets a top 6 offer, let alone an offer from the champions, from guardiola, from man city, will leave in a flash. get used to it. 

I get that he's going to get more out of being at Man City in terms of trophies, its more a point that say he only comes on to make a cameo appearance in the league cup final but then picks up a winners medal, are you really going to get the level of satisfaction that he's after. We saw at Leicester he just wants to play, he gets frustrated at even being subbed out. Not saying Leicester is where he should be, but he's a player who changes matches - not someone who comes on to see out a win.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Vardy stayed.

2 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

If Manchester City go on to win the title, will Mahrez get more satisfaction with his bit part in that title win? Or with his immense contribution he made to our title winning season?

He'll get more satisfaction from our one.

That's not the issue here though as the two are now totally separate as our title win happened years ago.

The question now is will he get more satisfaction as a bit part player winning trophies at Man City or playing every week at mid-table Leicester City and the answer to that for anyone who isn't a fan of us is the former. 

Vardy stayed.

vardy stayed 3 years ago when we were champions and nobody had left, we were preparing for the champions league and he was off to euro 2016. 

mahrez stayed then, too. so did drinkwater. neither would stay now if anyone from the top 6 even tentatively came calling. nobody in our squad would. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't say I'm all that surprised that Mahrez hasn't gone on to greater things so far.

Post-title Kante was well sought after and he's gone from strength to strength. Riyad hasn't had anything like the same levels of consistency and the demand was nothing like what it was/is for N'golo.

If he had not made the stupid statements like in 2017 with the 'I'm ready to move on' business it wouldn't look so bad. We plucked him from Ligue 2 obscurity so we have every right to be annoyed in lots of ways with how he handled it.

Given where we are at now it's inevitable that if a big 6 club (and wolves of course) came calling we wouldn't like the outcome but Maguire, Maddison, Ricardo would more than likely have the decency to let their performances do the talking and wait for whatever comes next.

47 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

vardy stayed 3 years ago when we were champions and nobody had left, we were preparing for the champions league and he was off to euro 2016. 

mahrez stayed then, too. so did drinkwater. neither would stay now if anyone from the top 6 even tentatively came calling. nobody in our squad would. 

He could have gone to a champions league team who is more likely to do things long term and still stayed so the pull of big 6 clearly wasnt big enough for him.

Sure at his age now (if he was given a sniff) he might be tempted to bolt to a bigger club but could be a backup player and im not sure that is in Vardys DNA to warm a bench. He wants to score goals and play.

I think if you look at whats happened to drinky, how mahrez isnt getting full time play some players would look at that and say ummmmmmm no. Having said that trophies dont talk  but money does. Some people are clearly more than happy to make 1 or 2 million more a season to warm the bench and never play. The downside to that is it kills your career and if you are relatively young choose your poison wisely.

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Would you take Mahrez back if he was offered? Maybe on loan instead of buying him back?

Despite the handbags around his departure, for me it would be an obvious yes!

Mahrez is magical in the right environment. He wouldnt ever come back here though.