Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 hours ago, Hammo said:

I think Liverpool will blow the title. The pressure is telling - and panic will really set in if they lose at Old Trafford later this month. Their talisman Salah is not performing, and others are following suit. Klopp's screws are coming loose.

And most importantly their squad is simply not as good as Man City's.

Salah is the top scorer in the league you berk. If it wasn’t for his freakishly good season last year we’d probably be talking about how amazing he’s doing currently 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Salah is the top scorer in the league you berk. If it wasn’t for his freakishly good season last year we’d probably be talking about how amazing he’s doing currently 

Harry Kane managed to be top scorer in the World Cup despite going off the rails in the last three games when it mattered most. Salah has offered next to nothing in the last two games. Let's see whether he can recover his form now that the pressure is really on. Liverpool will need him to if they are to win the title.

I have no love for Liverpool, but if they blow it (and that's now looking more likely every week) I just hope Man City win it, because I just couldn't bear that media lovie team Spuds winning it. The thought sends shudders through my spine.

41 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Looking at Liverpool over the past week just makes me think how remarkable we really were in 2016. After the Arsenal game when their players were already instagramming their title winning photos, our lads just got our heads down and ground out results week in week out despite the pressure of knowing this was a once in a lifetime opportunity 

Totally agree. Every pundit said the pressure would get to us, but we seemed to thrive on it, especially after the Arsenal defeat. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Looking at Liverpool over the past week just makes me think how remarkable we really were in 2016. After the Arsenal game when their players were already instagramming their title winning photos, our lads just got our heads down and ground out results week in week out despite the pressure of knowing this was a once in a lifetime opportunity 

Agreed but Claudio needs huge credit for that tweaking tactics to a rigid system where everyone knew their job and could rely on the system. All the 1-0 wins were the response.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Liverpool just cant handle the pressure, 4 points dropped against us and West Ham, which on the way to a title are teams you should really be beating.

Think Man City will prevail, to many quality players.

Why? as i recall, we only managed a 2-2 against them after vardy got sent off. 

12 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Felipe Anderson reminds me of Mahrez with his turn of pace and touch at times

12 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah was just thinking he is definitely the real deal.  X

He's looked like a competition winner when we smashed them 3-0 last week. 

Easily their best signing though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I have no love for Liverpool, but if they blow it (and that's now looking more likely every week) I just hope Man City win it, because I just couldn't bear that media lovie team Spuds winning it. The thought sends shudders through my spine.

Totally agree. Every pundit said the pressure would get to us, but we seemed to thrive on it, especially after the Arsenal defeat. 

I know the thought of Spurs winning is marginally worse than Liverpool.

Still Liverpool's to lose though and I'd rather be in their position than the other two's. The Man Utd V Liverpool game is potentially huge. Liverpool still to play Spurs at Anfield as well i think.

6 hours ago, reynard said:

Still Liverpool's to lose though and I'd rather be in their position than the other two's. The Man Utd V Liverpool game is potentially huge. Liverpool still to play Spurs at Anfield as well i think.

ANYONE but spuds winning it, (or anything) PLEASE!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

He's looked like a competition winner when we smashed them 3-0 last week

Easily their best signing though. 

Hang on, are you a Wolves fan?  You should've mentioned it.  :)  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 2

On 05/02/2019 at 10:06, reynard said:

Marginally? What fecking drugs are you on? 

17 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

ANYONE but spuds winning it, (or anything) PLEASE!!

If spuds do me and weller54 have a suicide pact. 

• Haha 1

Find it mental that Everton v Man City isn't on TV tonight.

Are BT not contracted to show midweek games unless there's a full fixture list? That's the only possible solution I can think of. They originally had it then swapped it for Leicester v Crystal Palace instead.

It's no wonder more and more are streaming and finding alternatives.