Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

55 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Find it mental that Everton v Man City isn't on TV tonight.

Are BT not contracted to show midweek games unless there's a full fixture list? That's the only possible solution I can think of. They originally had it then swapped it for Leicester v Crystal Palace instead.

It's no wonder more and more are streaming and finding alternatives.

They actually could have still shown it instead of our Saturday night game according to the paper but decided against it as it clashes with the FA Cup game on BBC1 tonight. 

They therefore chose to keep that "slot" and move us to it and not show Everton v Man City - which makes me pretty annoyed.

Edited by MattP

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

They actually could have still shown it instead of our Saturday night game according to the paper but decided against it as it clashes with the FA Cup game on BBC1 tonight. 

They therefore chose to keep that "slot" and move us to it and not show Everton v Man City - which makes me pretty annoyed.

What a weird decision 

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Utterly baffling really. Not like tonight's FA Cup game is even remotely interesting, not like Leicester v Crystal Palace is interesting either really, two sides who are both very unlikely to go down or get into Europe.

Just weird.

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Utterly baffling really. Not like tonight's FA Cup game is even remotely interesting, not like Leicester v Crystal Palace is interesting either really, two sides who are both very unlikely to go down or get into Europe.

Just weird.

Super computer says that we are still destined for 7th apparently..! 

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Emiliano Sala: Nantes demand transfer fee from Cardiff City - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

An issue that was probably on most people's minds when they heard the news, even though few dared express it.
This could get prickly very fast and will unfairly push the tragic event in the background.

Hopefully it will be kept out of the public spotlight and be dealt with confidentially between the two clubs - but looks like the press are already all over it.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Find it mental that Everton v Man City isn't on TV tonight.

Are BT not contracted to show midweek games unless there's a full fixture list? That's the only possible solution I can think of. They originally had it then swapped it for Leicester v Crystal Palace instead.

It's no wonder more and more are streaming and finding alternatives.

Where is the Netflix for Football!?

I guess because of the fees paid by Sky Sports, BT, etc that the Premier League don't want to fix what isn't broken, but in this day and age there should be a way of buying all of the games to watch on the device of your choosing, or at least for the club you support. Would you pay £20 a month to be able to watch all of the Leicester Premier League games on the device of your choosing? I think I would, even if that is quite expensive, if the quality was HD and uninterrupted. 

At the moment I cancelled my Sky Sports and BT packages because it was getting ridiculous having to pay for both, and then finding sub standard coverage for both. The classic was at the start of the season watching Man United versus Leicester at the pub and the pre-match build up. They spent 48 minutes on Manchester United and 2 (being generous) on Leicester!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shen said:

An issue that was probably on most people's minds when they heard the news, even though few dared express it.
This could get prickly very fast and will unfairly push the tragic event in the background.

Hopefully it will be kept out of the public spotlight and be dealt with confidentially between the two clubs - but looks like the press are already all over it.

As with any business with multi-million pound assets, both clubs will have insurance for these sorts of situations (although, obviously, hope to never need it).

I imagine Cardiff are - quite rightly imo - waiting until the investigation concludes before filing a claim (presuming they're the owning party at the time of the crash) to recoup the money and then pay Nantes.

On the other hand, Nantes upheld their end of the deal and the player was no longer theirs (same presumption) so they're entitled to the money. If they're struggling for cash (or if they've already spent it on the assumption it'd be coming in) then you can see why they'd be hasty to receive it. It's complicated even further if there are bonus payments for appearances and the like.

It's a tricky situation, for sure. Hopefully it can be resolved amicably and not overshadow the grieving of the families.

Edited by Xen

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

All over Everton fans wanting to lose tonight, the beautiful game.

don't know any everton fans who are even going tonight, a few i know have given reds their tickets cos they're more likely to support everton later. makes perfect sense, I said before we played Liverpool that the rest of this season i'd rather they lost than we won. 

it's happened before anyway,13/14 when city went to goodison the boozer was packed with reds cheering barkley's goal and blues cheering dzeko's winner. not sure what difference it will make anyway, everton are simply fu cking garbage and will lose if they try their hardest and have the crowd behind them or if they give up from the start. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I was reading about the deal when the crash obviously happened, supposedly Sala wasn't interested in leaving but Nantes forced him to go because they needed the money

I’m not sure but I think Cardiff are a bit uncomfortable by the role of the agent in all this . McKay (who’s agent) ? able to persuade a nervous flyer to undertake a journey with a replacement pilot in poor flying conditions . If underwriters sniff a chance of avoiding settling the accident claim someone is getting 15 million poorer 

1 hour ago, shen said:

The last part is the bit that struck me. 

Cardiff and Nantes can't avoid it, they've got to deal with the finances, however insensitive it seems - it's a lot of money. 

But there's absolutely no need for it to be reported on in the press. There's really no public interest here in the specifics and it's hugely inappropriate to be making a story out of it and sensationalising the who asked what from whos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's a non-story. 

Cardiff agreed to the fee, they have to pay it, then claim back off their insurance. 

It could very much not be a non- story . Someone owes someone else a duty of care and the issue could be whether such duty was breached and by whom . 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Where is the Netflix for Football!?

I guess because of the fees paid by Sky Sports, BT, etc that the Premier League don't want to fix what isn't broken, but in this day and age there should be a way of buying all of the games to watch on the device of your choosing, or at least for the club you support. Would you pay £20 a month to be able to watch all of the Leicester Premier League games on the device of your choosing? I think I would, even if that is quite expensive, if the quality was HD and uninterrupted. 

At the moment I cancelled my Sky Sports and BT packages because it was getting ridiculous having to pay for both, and then finding sub standard coverage for both. The classic was at the start of the season watching Man United versus Leicester at the pub and the pre-match build up. They spent 48 minutes on Manchester United and 2 (being generous) on Leicester!

Netflix for football is IPTV

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's a non-story. 

Cardiff agreed to the fee, they have to pay it, then claim back off their insurance. 

Apparently there is a concern the insurance won’t pay out due to the pilot not having a commercial license