Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Seen this elsewhere. Pick your best XI from outside of the Top 6. Any formation you like. 

------------------ Heaton

AWB - Maguire - Boly - Chilwell

------------- Gueye - Neves

Brooks --- Moutinho --- Anderson

---------------- Jimenez

Obviously a slight bias towards my own team, but then we're not 7th for nothing. 

Stick your own up. 

31 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Seen this elsewhere. Pick your best XI from outside of the Top 6. Any formation you like. 

---------------- Jimenez

Obviously a slight bias towards my own team, but then we're not 7th for nothing. 

Stick your own up. 

Hard to disagree with most tbh.

I'd still have Vardy up top though. 

He has scored 71 goals in 3.6 seasons. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

He has a great record but it's for this season and he seems to be struggling recently. He's also mainly about pace in behind really. Not as good an all-rounder as some. Can't argue with his scoring record as you say though. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Who wants to break it to him? 

Signs a new contract making him the third (?) highest-paid manager in Europe, then spends the next months doing Sean Dyche moans about being expected to compete despite cash-poor transfer windows.  Spiced with whining about the refs.

He’s a habitual excuse-maker and “poor, poor us” whiner.  It plays great with the noble-victim mentality of Spurs fan base.  But there’s a problem.

The guys who win don’t make excuses and won’t accept hearing excuses.  They are the monomaniacs who do not allow distractions to take their (or their team’s) focus, off the brass ring and the tough job of reaching it.  They do not accept that the inevitable bumps in the road are valid reason to fail.  And they certainly don’t make those bumps the heart of their message!

No denying the great work Poch has done getting them to where they are.  Or that Spurs have less money than their neighbors in the table.  But they are never going to win with him.

Edited by KingsX

47 minutes ago, The Bear said:

---------------- Jimenez

Stick your own up. 

You've got some quality choices in there, hard to argue the toss too much really. Put my own below! I'm particularly impressed by Boly who I thought was terrible first few games, really grown into it!

------------------ Ben Foster

------------- Doucoure - Moutinho

Fraser---  Anderson ---- Pereyra

---------------- Jimenez

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No it's not. Mahrez would walk back into our side.

No he wouldn't. He's go off and cry on a bench in some airport and then refuse to turn up for training or a match.

20 hours ago, sylofox said:

Wow. Stand in front of 20 Cardiff fans and do it. Walk round OT and sing about Munich if you dare. Take the piss about Viachi's death at the next home game. Then when someone is beating the shite out of you think why it's a police matter. 

So people are going to cause GBH because someone they don't know is doing something very immature concerning someone else that they didn't know.

Probably true but pathetic and those that would do that deserve far worse than the immature idiot.

Anyone who is going to attack a person for taking the piss out of Vichai's death needs locking up.

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Signs a new contract making him the third (?) highest-paid manager in Europe, then spends the next months doing Sean Dyche moans about being expected to compete despite cash-poor transfer windows.  Spiced with whining about the refs.

He’s a habitual excuse-maker and “poor, poor us” whiner.  It plays great with the noble-victim mentality of Spurs fan base.  But there’s a problem.

The guys who win don’t make excuses and won’t accept hearing excuses.  They are the monomaniacs who do not allow distractions to take their (or their team’s) focus, off the brass ring and the tough job of reaching it.  They do not accept that the inevitable bumps in the road are valid reason to fail.  And they certainly don’t make those bumps the heart of their message!

No denying the great work Poch has done getting them to where they are.  Or that Spurs have less money than their neighbors in the table.  But they are never going to win with him.

Thats why I think he'd be even more unbearable at Man Utd if he went there.

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Wow, I totally disagree. I don't think he is particularly rich of excuses, seen plenty of managers with more and many with less. And he has barely complained about cash in windows - in fact he has explicitly mentioned that they have had opportunities to add to the squad but that he did not believe they would add quality to the squad. I challenge you to find any manager which will not make excuses when things do not go their way, by the way. Klopp does it Mourinho has done it, Pep has done it, they all do it. These have all won big titles and cups, too, so you can't say they don't have a winning mentality. And Pochettino certainly doesn't make "the heart of his message" excuses, I have no idea how you have inferred that. Just because recently, he has come under pressure for certain things Spurs have done, and he has given the press his reasons, or 'excuses'?

I think he is an excellent manager, reasonably likeable, and although I am Puel In I would sack him in a heartbeat if it meant we got Pochettino.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Someone’s got a good agent 

Wow. That is an obscene amount. Game has gone mad. He's a fine player but not one of the world's best imho. £400k a week is insane. 

Edited by Paddy.

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wow, I totally disagree. I don't think he is particularly rich of excuses, seen plenty of managers with more and many with less. And he has barely complained about cash in windows - in fact he has explicitly mentioned that they have had opportunities to add to the squad but that he did not believe they would add quality to the squad. I challenge you to find any manager which will not make excuses when things do not go their way, by the way. Klopp does it Mourinho has done it, Pep has done it, they all do it. These have all won big titles and cups, too, so you can't say they don't have a winning mentality. And Pochettino certainly doesn't make "the heart of his message" excuses, I have no idea how you have inferred that. Just because recently, he has come under pressure for certain things Spurs have done, and he has given the press his reasons, or 'excuses'?

I think he is an excellent manager, reasonably likeable, and although I am Puel In I would sack him in a heartbeat if it meant we got Pochettino.

Honesty don't think you need to worry about missing a heartbeat!.. 

More chance of a naked Rachel Riley ringing my doorbell this evening!!.. 

Ding dong!!.. 

Oo wonder who that can be? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Fair enough.  My post overstated Pochettino’s whining.  But he has increased it lately, not a good trend.

My main point, I just do not see a closer’s mentality.  Nor a squad that reflects one.  It’s one thing to respond well amidst moderate pressure and noise.  But when all is at stake, what expectations are being modeled and communicated?  Is performance maintained, or does it drop?  Success is a habit, and I don’t think human nature allows unlimited chances to build it.

By most reports, Poch and Levy take more compensation out of that club than other PL managers / GMs.  So far, what they have built has been worth it.  My gut feeling -- they have hit their limit. 

Enough said … some daily-lurker from the Fighting Chicken will accuse us of “obsession”.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Fair enough.  My post overstated Pochettino’s whining.  But he has increased it lately, not a good trend.

My main point, I just do not see a closer’s mentality.  Nor a squad that reflects one.  It’s one thing to respond well amidst moderate pressure and noise.  But when all is at stake, what expectations are being modeled and communicated?  Is performance maintained, or does it drop?  Success is a habit, and I don’t think human nature allows unlimited chances to build it.

By most reports, Poch and Levy take more compensation out of that club than other PL managers / GMs.  So far, what they have built has been worth it.  My gut feeling -- they have hit their limit. 

Enough said … some daily-lurker from the Fighting Chicken will accuse us of “obsession”.

Judging by their proclivity for the more choice elements of the English language on their forum, perhaps the Clucking Chicken would be a more appropriate name :)

9 minutes ago, Manini said:

They’re a good side and they play some lovely stuff, but, and it’s a sentiment shared by a lot of people I speak to, I find Wolves and In particular Nuno really unlikeable. 

Sorry @The Bear :ph34r: 

Hope you win tonight mind I can’t stick Newcastle. 

That's OK. 

Can I ask why you don't like Nuno? He always comes across as very humble and respectful in interviews. Never one to moan about refs/decisions or have a go at other players.

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

They’re a good side and they play some lovely stuff, but, and it’s a sentiment shared by a lot of people I speak to, I find Wolves and In particular Nuno really unlikeable. 

Do you think it might be the fact they're above us, with a manager all the fans like, and players that, minus the connection to the agent, sides like us should be attracting?

I'm the complete opposite (but i also like Spurs and their side so i'm a bit weird like that) really like Wolves and what they're doing currently. 

However tonight, as i'm part geordie, i'll be behind Newcastle! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Nuno's a cool dude, man.