Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Just now, The Bear said:

That's OK. 

Can I ask why you don't like Nuno? He always comes across as very humble and respectful in interviews. Never one to moan about refs/decisions or have a go at other players.

Must agree, found the dislike odd. Plenty more unlikeable managers in the prem.

Nuno seems a genuine, nice guy.

Then again, irrational dislikes are not a new thing. (We all have them, go on admit it)

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

That's OK. 

Can I ask why you don't like Nuno? He always comes across as very humble and respectful in interviews. Never one to moan about refs/decisions or have a go at other players.

Don’t know really, it’s slightly irrational I think, but there’s just something I don’t like about him. To be honest mate you’re talking to somebody who is a fan of Warnock so that tells you everything you need to know about my views and opinions. 

Must be eyeing a big win tonight? I think if you carry on your run of form you’ll cement 7th in no time. Worked out well in the end that all your experienced players seemed to find their feet all at the same time. I thought you’d do well this year, you had a fairly average start which I wasn’t expecting, but it seems like it’s been duck to water stuff ever since. You’ve got some hugely talented players though it’s some team when you pick it apart on paper. 

• Like 1

How good is Ramsey? I've never seemed to get it with him. He's scored some important goals but I've always found that he epitomised the end of Wenger's tenure; technically good, but quite soft and not a winner.

Perhaps I've missed something as Arsenal fans on twitter seem quite upset he's leaving and I've never seen him play on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Do you think it might be the fact they're above us, with a manager all the fans like, and players that, minus the connection to the agent, sides like us should be attracting?

I'm the complete opposite (but i also like Spurs and their side so i'm a bit weird like that) really like Wolves and what they're doing currently. 

However tonight, as i'm part geordie, i'll be behind Newcastle! 

I don’t think it is. But then again it might be a sub-conscious thing, they are in a pretty envious position at the moment. Dunno just don’t like them really, don’t particularly like any other midlands club to be honest. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's OK. 

Swap our manager's over and I think our positions would be reversed. Probably a little harsh on your team, but he is doing a cracking job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ousefox said:

How good is Ramsey? I've never seemed to get it with him. He's scored some important goals but I've always found that he epitomised the end of Wenger's tenure; technically good, but quite soft and not a winner.

Perhaps I've missed something as Arsenal fans on twitter seem quite upset he's leaving and I've never seen him play on a regular basis.

I don’t rate him much lol 

31 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Swap our manager's over and I think our positions would be reversed. Probably a little harsh on your team, but he is doing a cracking job.

It can't be understated just how much of a difference he's been to the team with his defensive organisation and way he has us set up in a 3-5-2. Yeah we've spent some money on good players, but so did Fulham. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Those adverts at Wolves are horrible and making it hard to watch, I’m sure they are not this big at other grounds

I'm finding it all so tiresome to be honest. Both teams have betting companies as their main shirt sponser, another betting company buzzes around the pitch on two rings of screens in Chinese, Bet365 on the boards behind that, West Ham's shirt sponser(another bookie) pops up on the screens as I type this. Waiting for the adverts to come on so I can be bombarded by more and more and more, then Sky talk sh**e for 10miins with their 'experts' who spit at children in their spare time and back to  footie trimmed to the gills with the same flashy ticker tape.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I'm finding it all so tiresome to be honest. Both teams have betting companies as their main shirt sponser, another betting company buzzes around the pitch on two rings of screens in Chinese, Bet365 on the boards behind that, West Ham's shirt sponser(another bookie) pops up on the screens as I type this. Waiting for the adverts to come on so I can be bombarded by more and more and more, then Sky talk sh**e for 10miins with their 'experts' who spit at children in their spare time and back to  footie trimmed to the gills with the same flashy ticker tape.

Agreed. The sooner they ban betting advertising the better. Italy have made the first move and banned it, the rest of us need to follow suit. 

• Like 3

Patrick Kluivert at halftime  "I really have nothing to say"

**Awkward pause** 

Carragher "that's what we're paying you for Patrick" lol

Someone needs to tell him what's needed to work for Sky Football to turn any game into a "must see"

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Patrick Kluivert at halftime  "I really have nothing to say"

**Awkward pause** 

Carragher "that's what we're paying you for Patrick" lol

I think that's just a way of saying "this has been god awful, and if I'm gonna watch another half I'm going to need a bottle of buckfast" that doesn't end his career in punditry

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wow, I totally disagree. I don't think he is particularly rich of excuses, seen plenty of managers with more and many with less. And he has barely complained about cash in windows - in fact he has explicitly mentioned that they have had opportunities to add to the squad but that he did not believe they would add quality to the squad. I challenge you to find any manager which will not make excuses when things do not go their way, by the way. Klopp does it Mourinho has done it, Pep has done it, they all do it. These have all won big titles and cups, too, so you can't say they don't have a winning mentality. And Pochettino certainly doesn't make "the heart of his message" excuses, I have no idea how you have inferred that. Just because recently, he has come under pressure for certain things Spurs have done, and he has given the press his reasons, or 'excuses'?

I think he is an excellent manager, reasonably likeable, and although I am Puel In I would sack him in a heartbeat if it meant we got Pochettino.

People seem to forget Martin O'Neil saying that how hard it was to compete financially, whilst he was here??

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

People seem to forget Martin O'Neil saying that how hard it was to compete financially, whilst he was here??

To a certain extent, back then, it was. 

Its not exactly like nowadays where every single team gets a relatively big share of advertising fees and TV money. Nobody in the top flight is short of a few quid are they, really.