Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would ignore ExG, we were expected 2 or 3 in comparisons to Spurs 1 yesterday. Very few if anyone is saying they were lucky.  

Maybe not the end result, but you can definitely say you were unlucky not to score given the chances you had. Barnes had two, Vardy had a half-volley and missed a pen. Etc.

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Maybe not the end result, but you can definitely say you were unlucky not to score given the chances you had. Barnes had two, Vardy had a half-volley and missed a pen. Etc.

Agree with you there. 

On the goal, haven't seen it in game, but the sky presenters and pundits don't half chat some sh1t to cause controversy.

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

There was, the game stopped pretty much on 90 and resumed on 91. These time-wasting substitutions are always risky because they add on at least 30 seconds.

Read those in charge of the laws are going to stop subs after 90 minutes.

Its always been an allocated amount of time - shame players and managers don't seem to realise when it goes against them!

Newcastle fans must hate seeing us guys battle for 7th whilst they limp along near the bottom although they have picked up a few decent results but could have won tonight and against us.

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

There was, the game stopped pretty much on 90 and resumed on 91. These time-wasting substitutions are always risky because they add on at least 30 seconds.

Many many times they haven't bothered to add the time on though, good on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Fair goal, really annoying how people in the game can't grasp "minimum"

The camera even captured the ref saying "time will start after the sub"

Agree about the time not a issue for me butI thought the goal being given was harsh yes the keeper should have punched it but it didn’t help that the Wolves player puts his arm and hand in the keepers face 

4 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

The bottom clubs then were spending a fraction of what the big clubs were spending then and it's not far off that now. 

Wages probably similar as well.

Correct!  Here are the average first team (25-man squad) guaranteed player salaries 2018-19.

54179941_18-19salaries.JPG.ba268bc468a4149282968f293d8c8aa6.JPG

I suppose all that TV money gives smaller clubs some power to recruit, or keep, some players bigger clubs would otherwise stash.  But it doesn’t help them compete for elite, developed players.

Take Riyad Mahrez (hardly the highest paid Man City player).  If we wanted him back, we would have to clear out Ndidi, Pereira and Maddison to free his £200K/week.  If Cardiff signed him, they literally could not pay an average Championship wage to the rest of their squad.

Source: Sporting Intelligence Global Sports Salaries Survey 2018

http://globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS 2018.pdf

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

Fair enough.  My post overstated Pochettino’s whining.  But he has increased it lately, not a good trend.

My main point, I just do not see a closer’s mentality.  Nor a squad that reflects one.  It’s one thing to respond well amidst moderate pressure and noise.  But when all is at stake, what expectations are being modeled and communicated?  Is performance maintained, or does it drop?  Success is a habit, and I don’t think human nature allows unlimited chances to build it.

By most reports, Poch and Levy take more compensation out of that club than other PL managers / GMs.  So far, what they have built has been worth it.  My gut feeling -- they have hit their limit. 

Enough said … some daily-lurker from the Fighting Chicken will accuse us of “obsession”.

Fair enough if that's your take on it, we'll agree to disagree.

7 hours ago, Phube said:

All fine... nothing to see here!

:whistle:

030E6D1F-EA4E-4008-B075-7731AA172E3F.jpeg

It’s a contact sport. He’s not slapped him in the face has he, he’s ever so slightly grazed him. Goalkeeper didn’t get high enough and would never have been penalised himself for making that much contact.

Benitez is really thick, he makes comments like ‘in England they don’t understand the rules’. No mate, the actual rules do not state that goalkeepers should get preferential treatment or be protected. Spanish football is unwatchable because everything is a foul.

Over here we like the sport a little bit more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, weller54 said:

Honesty don't think you need to worry about missing a heartbeat!.. 

More chance of a naked Rachel Riley ringing my doorbell this evening!!.. 

Ding dong!!.. 

Oo wonder who that can be? 

Anything is possible. But your Rachel will be size 28 and have crabs lol lol

• Haha 1

My problem with the Dubravka incident is that I don't think Boly has done enough to stop Dubravka playing the ball. (Some photos look bad but if you look in real time there isn't really anything in it). 

The issue is that every other time an outfield player challenges a keeper it's blown as a foul. I can see why Newcastle fans are aggrieved but also why Wolves fans think there's nothing wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Perfect! 

Like a chunky bird 

And very partial to Shellfish. 

You sad fecker. 

lol much asi hate to say this I've just had a few pints with an OK spud. 

Yes I'm going for a lay down. Anyone in Norfolk got one of those bags you get on Airlines? 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

20million on top of all the other money he spent on transfers and the likes of Sanchez's wages. Jose has turned to be an extremely expensive period for United.

No wonder it took them so long to sack him. 

On 11/02/2019 at 19:33, KingsX said:

Fair enough.  My post overstated Pochettino’s whining.  But he has increased it lately, not a good trend.

My main point, I just do not see a closer’s mentality.  Nor a squad that reflects one.  It’s one thing to respond well amidst moderate pressure and noise.  But when all is at stake, what expectations are being modeled and communicated?  Is performance maintained, or does it drop?  Success is a habit, and I don’t think human nature allows unlimited chances to build it.

By most reports, Poch and Levy take more compensation out of that club than other PL managers / GMs.  So far, what they have built has been worth it.  My gut feeling -- they have hit their limit. 

Enough said … some daily-lurker from the Fighting Chicken will accuse us of “obsession”.

I’m not so sure they have hit their limit, what they’re building at Spurs is long term sustainable success, their training ground is amazing as is their new stadium, any success they achieve in the future will be built on solid foundations. We have a great dislike of Spurs on here but I think we’re going to have to get used to them being a major force in the future.

17 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m not so sure they have hit their limit, what they’re building at Spurs is long term sustainable success, their training ground is amazing as is their new stadium, any success they achieve in the future will be built on solid foundations. We have a great dislike of Spurs on here but I think we’re going to have to get used to them being a major force in the future.

Eriksen could be gone. If they then lose Kane or Son, they'll be in trouble.

Just now, FIF said:

Eriksen could be gone. If they then lose Kane or Son, they'll be in trouble.

Short term maybe, they lost Bale and Modric and moved on from that, but my point is they’re building for long term success, like us i suppose only we’re doing it on a smaller scale, it’s exciting that our training ground could be as good or better than theirs.

• Like 1