Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still don't get people's 'problem' with Wolves.

Are people not allowed to dislike other clubs? I severely dislike Liverpool and I'm allowed to wish ill upon them and hope they fail. It's football mate.

Wolves & Sunderland have a visible number of deluded supporters. Esoecially Sunderland. Notice, not many on here dislike Watford, even after all we've been through with them, and even though they're above us in the league. Watford fans in general are alright. I would wish Watford well if they weren't a direct rival to us in the league.

I don't like Palace and can't wait til they flush down to the Championship where they belong. But I quite like Southampton and hope they stay up.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I can’t believe how inept some of these Chelsea players are - Hazard and Kante deserve much better 

Chelsea have too many dumb players. Guys like Willian,  David Luiz etc have served their purpose at Chelsea and need to be moved on. Totally inept. Hazard and Kante have been carrying them for a while.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Are people not allowed to dislike other clubs? I severely dislike Liverpool and I'm allowed to wish ill upon them and hope they fail. It's football mate.

Wolves & Sunderland have a visible number of deluded supporters. Esoecially Sunderland. Notice, not many on here dislike Watford, even after all we've been through with them, and even though they're above us in the league. Watford fans in general are alright. I would wish Watford well if they weren't a direct rival to us in the league.

I don't like Palace and can't wait til they flush down to the Championship where they belong. But I quite like Southampton and hope they stay up.

It's fine, I dislike many myself, I remember being frowned upon for my severe dislike of Arsenal years ago, but it just seems a general consensus regarding Wolves, with comments every week - again nothing wrong with that exactly, although again it seemed frowned upon when I did it with Arsenal years ago.

The dislike has been explained by some, it's fair enough, it doesn't need explaining tbh, as you say people dislike other clubs, I dislike other clubs, it's football.

As I have also mentioned in the past there seems to be one team every season that everyone on here seems to have a problem with, an obsession almost as @Kopfkino mentioned, does a team get drawn out of a hat pre-season of which team it'll be or something? lol

Your severe dislike of Liverpool is shared with myself and many others i'm sure.

23 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I can't stand wolves, like you. Lots of McGhee, Bull type niggles... Plus the 4-3 debacle under mickey Adams and the fact some scumbag coward in the 80s spat on my face (he was in his thirties at a guess.... I was 16 but looked 11) on the walk up Waterloo way to the station. They'd lost 3-0 so he was clearly unhappy!

But, didn't we transform from dreadful championship non entities going nowhere until the absolute fluke of being taken over by Vichai?

Schmeichel, Nugent, Vardy, Drinkwater, Wes and Konch (!) were all top earners at that level .....plus we'd Spunked christ knows how much money on Danns Beckford and Mills et al

There is a big difference in our recent histories.  We had been up, established, won trophies then down, then up again, then down...etc.

Yes, the mid 2000s were especially barren for us but we were not transformed by a fluke because we have always been up and down in the Premier League.  The year previous to promotion we were beaten in the play offs.  Our transfers such as £1m for Wes, Schmeichel and Vardy are not excessive for a Championship club even then.  Wolves were transformed overnight from absolute nobodies.

Wolves fans will defend them of course but I would ask them if what has happened to them had happened to West Brom for instance, would they be say it was fair?

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Why is neville so non plussed about that goal? The ball took a delayed swerve and wrong footed the keeper. Not rocket science

Even when he stepped the wrong way it looked like he still had time to react and go the other way. It swerved a bit but it was never going to his left and he saw it all the way. I thought it was a strange goal personally

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Oh and by the way "Xhaka can" - Tyler can get in the bin.

Surely it's about time Tyler retired. He's 73 years old and past his sell by date now imo. I'd much prefer a younger, more dynamic commentator for these big games. 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Even when he stepped the wrong way it looked like he still had time to react and go the other way. It swerved a bit but it was never going to his left and he saw it all the way. I thought it was a strange goal personally

When it went in it looked really odd and i wondered how it happened. But them when you saw the replay it looked like the ball was going to the other side of the goal initially and then it swerved back the other way. By the time he realised this his reflexes had made him lean the wrong way. It may have looked bad but I can see how it happened

• Like 1