Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Because they’ve come up and had a good season, getting Europa League, people are jealous 

No, people had 'problems' before the season started.

Something about have asperations, dreams, aims and plans for the future, they seem to be going about all of those things pretty damn well aswell, whether it continues past this season remains to be seen but fair play to them this season.

The ironic thing is and i'm not being bigheaded, what we did gave teams outside the top 4, teams like Wolves the reason to dream and aim high, now Burnley (Last season) and potentially Wolves might be qualifying for Europa League people on here don't like it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still don't get people's 'problem' with Wolves.

Well, where do you start.

I would actually like to like Wolves because they are a good side, they play good football and The Bear is a nice chap as is my Wolves supporting neighbour.

,,,But, I can't stand them.  In a division bereft of midlands clubs, I think they are our nearest rivals geographically.  Going back to the 80s, Wolves v Leicester was always a Walsh v Bull grudge match and then there was the McGhee 'sleeping giants' episode which turned out to be hilarious.  

All those things are just tiny niggles though.  The main reason I can't stand Wolves is that they are a club that finished 15th/16th in the Championship and that is their barrow until Chinese owners rock up with dodgy Portugese agents and suddenly they have Champions League players (Neves) playing for them in the championship.  They bought it really and whilst they can't really be pinned down to anything the whole thing stinks.

Of course, they win the Championship and their fans are all over social media about how great they are, how they are gonna storm the PL etc etc.  They have backed it up to an extent as they look like being the best of the rest but their fans should have a look at themselves because they have earned nothing.

That's it, for me anyway.  In a nutshell, this is a mid table, long forgotten Championship club that have been handed everything on a platter.  They didn't have to build a promotiion winning side they were given it.  

As a footnote, it is not jealousy, that has been mentioned.  We've got a recent title in the bank which we won with a first team costing £25m.  If it were jealousy then it would be Liverpool or someone that I would hate which is a club that I'm pretty neutral about.  Wolves wouldn't even register and I was full of praise for Burnley's 7th place achievement last year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

The problem with Wolves is the shady business with their relationship with super agent Jorge Mendez and the conflict of interest that may arise from that. Having that guy on your side makes it 10x easier to sign basically 50% of players as he represents so many. Some clear shady business going on and they benefit massively from it.

Having said that, anyone who denies they play great football or that they deserve their 7th place is probably a nonce

The Chinese owner of Wolves holds a direct stake in Mendes' business.  That is conflict of interest which IMO undermines the integrity of the competition.

Which is why Hazard just made me so happy  lol

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still don't get people's 'problem' with Wolves.

Never come across a Wolves fan that isn't utterly detestable. But I must admit there is a weird obsession with them on here, they're just an effective side at what they do as we could have been with the right coaching

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well, where do you start.

I would actually like to like Wolves because they are a good side, they play good football and The Bear is a nice chap as is my Wolves supporting neighbour.

,,,But, I can't stand them.  In a division bereft of midlands clubs, I think they are our nearest rivals geographically.  Going back to the 80s, Wolves v Leicester was always a Walsh v Bull grudge match and then there was the McGhee 'sleeping giants' episode which turned out to be hilarious.  

All those things are just tiny niggles though.  The main reason I can't stand Wolves is that they are a club that finished 15th/16th in the Championship and that is their barrow until Chinese owners rock up with dodgy Portugese agents and suddenly they have Champions League players (Neves) playing for them in the championship.  They bought it really and whilst they can't really be pinned down to anything the whole thing stinks.

Of course, they win the Championship and their fans are all over social media about how great they are, how they are gonna storm the PL etc etc.  They have backed it up to an extent as they look like being the best of the rest but their fans should have a look at themselves because they have earned nothing.

That's it, for me anyway.  In a nutshell, this is a mid table, long forgotten Championship club that have been handed everything on a platter.  They didn't have to build a promotiion winning side they were given it.  

As a footnote, it is not jealousy, that has been mentioned.  We've got a recent title in the bank which we won with a first team costing £25m.  If it were jealousy then it would be Liverpool or someone that I would hate which is a club that I'm pretty neutral about.  Wolves wouldn't even register and I was full of praise for Burnley's 7th place achievement last year.

I can't stand wolves, like you. Lots of McGhee, Bull type niggles... Plus the 4-3 debacle under mickey Adams and the fact some scumbag coward in the 80s spat on my face (he was in his thirties at a guess.... I was 16 but looked 11) on the walk up Waterloo way to the station. They'd lost 3-0 so he was clearly unhappy!

But, didn't we transform from dreadful championship non entities going nowhere until the absolute fluke of being taken over by Vichai?

Schmeichel, Nugent, Vardy, Drinkwater, Wes and Konch (!) were all top earners at that level .....plus we'd Spunked christ knows how much money on Danns Beckford and Mills et al

• Like 2