Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Surely it's about time Tyler retired. He's 73 years old and past his sell by date now imo. I'd much prefer a younger, more dynamic commentator for these big games. 

Bill Leslie is really good, he's on a few Prem games now but used to do their Football league coverage. Think he did the Deeney goal at Watford.

Never sounds as if he has a load of headlines pre prepared for any given event like plenty of commentators seem to. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Surely it's about time Tyler retired. He's 73 years old and past his sell by date now imo. I'd much prefer a younger, more dynamic commentator for these big games. 

He's obsessed with these ridiculous soundbites, you just know he's been saving that Xhaka one up for years, he just ends up sounding like Alan Partridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Honestly he's one of the worst things about the sky coverage.

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

Bill Leslie is really good, he's on a few Prem games now but used to do their Football league coverage. Think he did the Deeney goal at Watford.

Never sounds as if he has a load of headlines pre prepared for any given event like plenty of commentators seem to. 

Alan Parry does a few games as well. He must be getting on a bit now. Hearing him always reminds me of watching City on Central TV on Sunday afternoons in the early 90s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Alan Parry does a few games as well. He must be getting on a bit now. Hearing him always reminds me of watching City on Central TV on Sunday afternoons in the early 90s.

I've always liked Alan Parry (71 now). His "And Leicester City are in dreamland!" commentary when we beat Derby in the play off final will always be a favorite moment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, murphy said:

There is a big difference in our recent histories.  We had been up, established, won trophies then down, then up again, then down...etc.

Yes, the mid 2000s were especially barren for us but we were not transformed by a fluke because we have always been up and down in the Premier League.  The year previous to promotion we were beaten in the play offs.  Our transfers such as £1m for Wes, Schmeichel and Vardy are not excessive for a Championship club even then.  Wolves were transformed overnight from absolute nobodies.

Wolves fans will defend them of course but I would ask them if what has happened to them had happened to West Brom for instance, would they be say it was fair?

I think that's a little unfair. We'd been in the Prem for 4 seasons in the previous 15 and were pretty much a top half  Championship team. We had a spell in League One (thanks to the cretin Saunders), but so did Leicester too. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've always liked Alan Parry (71 now). His "And Leicester City are in dreamland!" commentary when we beat Derby in the play off final will always be a favorite moment.

Didn't he do the Palace playoff final too? He seemed momentarily stunned, as everyone was to be fair, when Super Steve struck.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 2

Just now, surrifox said:

Jon Moss has abandoned any thoughts of keeping up with play . No wonder he can’t get any decisions right 

Bit unfair there; let's not forget that he's keeping up with guys half his age and younger for 90 mins. And unlike a lot of the older players, doesn't get subbed off at the hour mark for a break.

I think they all do a decent job and keeping up given the pace of the game these days. 

When I started to take an interest in football Wolves were a div 4 team, I guess it’s why im always bemused as to why people think they’re bigger than Leicester when in reality we are about the same. But good luck to them, I personally wo7ld like to see more midland teams in the top league and breaking up that London/Manchester/Liverpool monopoly. 

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

We had some good chances that night prior to Huth’s winning goal,

drinkwater almost scored a blinder

We were dangerous and carried a threat on the break all game. 

I still say that was the highest quality match I've EVER seen City compete in.

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit unfair there; let's not forget that he's keeping up with guys half his age and younger for 90 mins. And unlike a lot of the older players, doesn't get subbed off at the hour mark for a break.

I think they all do a decent job and keeping up given the pace of the game these days. 

Perhaps swapping over the ref and the 4th official at halftime would be a good idea and give them more of a chance to keep up with play?

Just now, Swalshed said:

Perhaps swapping over the ref and the 4th official at halftime would be a good idea and give them more of a chance to keep up with play?

Then you open yourself up to potentially huge differences in interpretation?