Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Don't worry about me, everyone is entitled to feel however they want about whichever team. I find it more interesting than bothersome as to how and why people get certain views.

Personally I dislike Birmingham more than any other team because they are a scummy club with scummy fans, who've never won anything, and had a thoroughly detestable managers (Redknapp) and players (Paul Robinson). 

Always had a small soft spot for Leicester though, thanks to working in the area (Coalville) for nearly 20 years. I know a fair few fans and STHs who are all sound. Same goes for supposed rival clubs like Villa and WBA, their fans are generally sound. 

I will throw something at you if I see someone who looks like a Bear in a Wolves shirt then as I work in Coalville!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Ok, well I can remember the 2011/12 season. but we have played three times more PL games than Wolves prior to this season.

I think that the clincher for me is the legions of noisome Wolves fans on social media that carry on as if they have been a footballing juggernaut forever, before the season even began, when they have been gifted their success like a Willy Wonka golden ticket IMO.

I should say that I did think twice about posting my Wolfaphobia because you are a good poster and and you do buck the trend for irritating Wolves fans. 

To be fair our owners tried to spend their way out the Championship in the first 12 months of their reign.There was a lot of jealousy from other fans at the time.

Up until the mid nineties Wolves were the bigger club overall no question.Mark McGhee actually said he was leaving us because Wolves were ten years ahead of Leicester.This isn’t the first time they’ve had a rich owner.

We then went on to have some fantastic seasons while Wolves stuttered and stalled.Over the last 25 years we have definitely had the best record by quite some way I’m happy that Wolves are back though.

45 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What sort of Neanderthal posts this? Just imagine how stupid/bitter/sad he must be to get pleasure from this.

:cry:

I read the rest of their Twitter feed. 18 year old whose going to definitely regret how he used that platform. Total knob.

• Like 2

I’ve just had a look through some more of his tweets and it’s quite clear he hasn’t got any respect for anyone or anything. If that was my son I’d be that ashamed that I produced such a horrible little cretin, I wouldn’t let him see the light of day again, and then I’d have a long ****ing look in the mirror and a big word with myself about how I failed in dragging it up. Society really is on its arse with idiots like this roaming about, worst part about it all, I doubt much will happen to him unfortunately. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I read the rest of their Twitter feed. 18 year old whose going to definitely regret how he used that platform. Total knob.

Is there anything worse you could post.Knocking 500 likes last time I looked aswell.No doubt he’s an utter coward when he gets caught up with ?

Edited by Heathrow fox
Added words

19 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’ve just had a look through some more of his tweets and it’s quite clear he hasn’t got any respect for anyone or anything. If that was my son I’d be that ashamed that I produced such a horrible little cretin, I wouldn’t let him see the light of day again, and then I’d have a long ****ing look in the mirror and a big word with myself about how I failed in dragging it up. Society really is on its arse with idiots like this roaming about, worst part about it all, I doubt much will happen to him unfortunately. 

Police investigating social media abuse towards Grealish apparently, let’s hope this little scumbag is arrested. I’d say he’s ruined his future, but with intellect like that I’d suggest he didn’t have much of one to begin with 

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

To be fair our owners tried to spend their way out the Championship in the first 12 months of their reign.There was a lot of jealousy from other fans at the time.

Up until the mid nineties Wolves were the bigger club overall no question.Mark McGhee actually said he was leaving us because Wolves were ten years ahead of Leicester.This isn’t the first time they’ve had a rich owner.

We then went on to have some fantastic seasons while Wolves stuttered and stalled.Over the last 25 years we have definitely had the best record by quite some way I’m happy that Wolves are back though.

But it's not as simple as just spending your way out of the championship, Wolves are not the first or last to try that, although I'm not sure any Championship club ever posted the kind of losses that Wolves did.  It is the dodgy Mendes connection that sits so uncomfortably with me. 

As for our relative sizes, I don't have a problem admitting that a club with 5 titles and 4 FA cups are bigger than we are, even if we have had the better of the last 25 years as you say.  I never mentioned that.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

This is a cracking season. We have endured a lot of turgid dross but it's looking up  for us, now. And as for the rest: it’s unusual for there to be such a compelling title race, race for top four AND relegation scrap.

Who do you guys think will go down with Fulham and Huddersfield? I think Southampton will haul themselves out of it, but Burnley has an awkward  run in. I think it'll be Cardiff who drops down but it'll be a close run thing. I think Burnley and Cardiff play each other so it might be the traditional six pointer clash.

The fight for relegation is almost as riveting as the title race. I'm a terrible person though :ph34r:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Grealish gets attacked by a brummie fan and then scores, this guy is something special. 

Not really. Maddison has more goals and assists than him this season in a better league and we all know how often he is criticised on here. Maddison is also younger than Grealish and when they were both in the Championship last season Maddison racked up 14 goals and 8 assists while Grealish only had 3 goals and 6 assists. Villa fans seem to overrate him heavily. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, murphy said:

But it's not as simple as just spending your way out of the championship, Wolves are not the first or last to try that, although I'm not sure any Championship club ever posted the kind of losses that Wolves did.  It is the dodgy Mendes connection that sits so uncomfortably with me. 

As for our relative sizes, I don't have a problem admitting that a club with 5 titles and 4 FA cups are bigger than we are, even if we have had the better of the last 25 years as you say.  I never mentioned that.

I think getting moral on the whos bigger than who debate isnt a good debate to get into for a leicester fan.

There was clearly something not right with our accounts when we got promoted otherwise why did we pay a fine to the football league?

36 minutes ago, Tanya said:

This is a cracking season. We have endured a lot of turgid dross but it's looking up  for us, now. And as for the rest: it’s unusual for there to be such a compelling title race, race for top four AND relegation scrap.

Who do you guys think will go down with Fulham and Huddersfield? I think Southampton will haul themselves out of it, but Burnley has an awkward  run in. I think it'll be Cardiff who drops down but it'll be a close run thing. I think Burnley and Cardiff play each other so it might be the traditional six pointer clash.

The fight for relegation is almost as riveting as the title race. I'm a terrible person though :ph34r:

Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff are going down. They don't enough quality to stay up and that was clear from the beginning of the season.

27 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I think getting moral on the whos bigger than who debate isnt a good debate to get into for a leicester fan.

There was clearly something not right with our accounts when we got promoted otherwise why did we pay a fine to the football league?

It's not a who's bigger than who debate.  It's a why people have a problem with Wolves debate and just my opinion on the matter.

For us, we made a £21m loss and settled with EFL. Although the EFL made a statement pretty much exonerating us on the ground of difference of interpretation on FFP,  I'm not going to defend it, yes, we probably did try to buy promotion.   Wolves made a £53m loss but as I have said, it's not the buying out of the Championship that bothers me in particular, lots of clubs will try to circumvent FFP,  it is the dodgy Mendes connection that stinks IMO.

And then of course the fans.  

..But I've already said all this.

Edited by murphy

43 minutes ago, Cheesemaker22 said:

Not really. Maddison has more goals and assists than him this season in a better league and we all know how often he is criticised on here. Maddison is also younger than Grealish and when they were both in the Championship last season Maddison racked up 14 goals and 8 assists while Grealish only had 3 goals and 6 assists. Villa fans seem to overrate him heavily. 

Of the two, I am glad that we signed Maddison but let's be fair, Grealish was out with injury for a good while in that season.

30 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Think in the modern day given the vast wealth that now dominates the game has really burst the 'Big Club' myth.

It was actually Rodgers leaving for you guys that really made me think about it.

One person will argue the bigger club is the one playing in the bigger league against better and more competitive opposition.  Equally someone else will point to their club being bigger as they have a richer history in terms of honours, have bigger fan base or whatever else. 

I think nowadays the notion of we are a bigger club than you, etc, etc is a pointless debate, particularly when things are so easily disrupted in that regard when Russian Oligarch's and middle east royalty can rock up and completely transform clubs and competitions overnight with their money.

Everything seems relative now, every club bar a handful in the world are a selling club.  For example you guys come and take our manager, at the next end of the scale, Chelsea come along and nick Kante.  Even clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, etc are victims of the same beast at the next level again when clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid come calling.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Of the two, I am glad that we signed Maddison but let's be fair, Grealish was out with injury for a good while in that season.

And admittedly he's been out for a little bit this season too. They're both promising players with exciting futures, but I'm also very happy that it was Maddison we signed.

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff are going down. They don't enough quality to stay up and that was clear from the beginning of the season.

Fulham wasn’t a clear relegation candidate - they’d spent an awful lot of money and were thought to have a decent chance.

Agree that Huddersfield and Cardiff always looked set for the drop.

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just clocked that there's a pretty decent chance we send Huddersfield down.

lol I looked through the fixtures earlier today and actually thought the same thing.

I can't see them winning the two games before they play us. 

20 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Grealish would suit a Spuds kit!.. 

He's their sort of player... 

A ****. 

He is on the pitch but the lad does a lot off it for charity which nobody really picks up on. He's one of those that the tabloids like to pick on. I don't like him when he's against us but I can't knock his charity work.