Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Can’t remember ever seeing a goal scored direct from a corner before. Great finish lol

Artin Sakiri, England v Macedonia about 2001?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Can’t remember ever seeing a goal scored direct from a corner before. Great finish lol

Charlie Mulgrew has scored three for Blackburn this season alone.

Guest seanfox778
4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Artin Sakiri, England v Macedonia about 2001?

Just had a look on YouTube, Sakiri's was better.

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Charlie Mulgrew has scored three for Blackburn this season alone.

That's some talent, just had a look and he's done it up in Scotland for Celtic also. 

15 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

If it makes it a black and white yes no decision,then yes any contact with the arm should be a penalty.

I think that you would see players deliberately smashing the ball into peoples arms if that were the case.

Michael Owen just described the first and last 4 of Burnley's last 8 as chalk and cheese. The first 4 he was trying to say were easy whilst the last 4 hard. They play Leicester (10th) and Wolves (7th) in that first 4, and Everton (11th) in the last 4. How are these chalk and cheese? Where is this idea from that Everton are a big power house of a team? They are weak, easy to beat.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think that you would see players deliberately smashing the ball into peoples arms if that were the case.

You could argue that I admit,however when you are in or around the opposition’s penalty box with a chance to score have you really got time to think that.

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Come on Chelsea, thrash Wolves please

I need Hazard to get a hat-trick after Sterling's display yesterday :(  I'm never going to get anywhere with this fantasy football thing, am I? :P  Still I'm guaranteed to win the fantasy F1 by default, because my wife isn't bothering with it ;) 

• Haha 1

Wolves getting a lot of decisions in their favour today. Potential hand-ball from Jimenez which was a bit suspect but could easily be given. Then Higuain with a lovely run in behind gets flagged off-side when was played on by saiss. Seems they cant do anything wrong.

• Like 1

As regards scoring direct from a corner, Law 17 has an interesting proviso: if the ball directly enters the kicker's goal (i.e. at the other end of the pitch), then a corner kick is awarded to the opponents. A similar rule applies to direct and indirect free kicks. But with penalties, the ball must be kicked forwards, so things are a little different. However, if the same logic is applied, then if the ball rebounds off the frame of the goal and enters the net at the other end, I'd assume that that would also result in a corner being awarded to the opponents. But the laws don't seem to be entirely clear on this particular scenario.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, murphy said:

Then make the punishment for handballs an indirect freekick rather than a direct freekick or penalty, leaving them for non-handball fouls.

• Like 1