Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Lately?

T'was always thus.  

Don't you remember how he bitched and whined during our title win?

Poor Tottenham, everyone;s got it in for us.  It's not fair, everyone wants Leicester to win....etc etc

He was even bitter after it was all over and never congratulated us.   

Yes - and I bloody love remembering it too!

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

Amazing. Watford bring on their best two players from the past month, Deeney and Deulofeu and they suddenly score. Why leave them out of your hardest match of the season?

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Amazing. Watford bring on their best two players from the past month, Deeney and Deulofeu and they suddenly score. Why leave them out of your hardest match of the season?

Cos FA Cup quarters next up I reckon

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

because they are either gonna finish mid table or mid table and they’ve got a much, much bigger game next week. 

and even if theyd played them both as well as the starting eleven they’d still probably have lost. 

24 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Cos FA Cup quarters next up I reckon

18 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

because they are either gonna finish mid table or mid table and they’ve got a much, much bigger game next week. 

and even if theyd played them both as well as the starting eleven they’d still probably have lost. 

It's a week away, plenty of rest. Keep them playing and keep their form going.

man’s reading that some people still don’t rate him? not even sure why i put one of the best players in the world, the last 18 months he has probably been literally the single best player in the game. 

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Why is there any debate about this? It was clearly offside.

but yeah i am not 100% sure why the ref just ignored the rules for his opener tonight 

11 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thats started picking up recently though?

Tbh i dont think he was even that bad in the euros, dont know why he gets such shit treatment

Getting better and better, best English player atm

I think it’s when a player is so good at club level, but doesn’t show it at international level it’s frustrating. 

Man City: 46 in 122 (a goal per 2.6 games)

England: 4 in 47 (a goal every 11.7 games)

Yes City are so good, but we have played some duffer Countries in that 47!

1 minute ago, Phube said:

I think it’s when a player is so good at club level, but doesn’t show it at international level it’s frustrating. 

Man City: 46 in 122 (a goal per 2.6 games)

England: 4 in 47 (a goal every 11.7 games)

Yes City are so good, but we have played some duffer Countries in that 47!

That seems to be an issue with English players in general and has been for some time

I have a feeling in the Euros Sterling will be capable of translating some of that form to the international stage. He's come on quickly in the last year

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

No sympathy for Watford in terms of refereeing decisions after the absolute shite last week

Well you aren't a top 6 sides - we've had a few go our way in recent weeks tbf but soon as we play one of the big boys we don't.

Probably would have lost anyway as our tactic was to basically hold on but never know...

• Like 1

I dont get the shi te Watford are getting for making so many changes, particularly Liverpool fans thinking they've given Man City an unfair advantage. No one seems to complain when the bigger teams rest players when they have nothing to play for against smaller teams fighting against relegation. 

• Like 2