Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Second greatest then. Brighton's highest finish on the top division is 13th. Hughton finished 15th. They  have spent 6 seasons in the top flight (2 with Hughton). They reached the cup final in 1983 but was also relegated that season. Hughton has reached a semi final.

It's not a stretch to say Hughton is their greatest ever.

It was the never been at this level before. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That in a nutshell for me. There's a moral highground about them that I cannot ignore.

A Man Utd fan got it spot on yesterday as well by the way - the reaction to them yesterday you'd think they had just gone 7 points clear, rather than partially made up for bodging that gap in the first place.

There is a huge pro-Liverpool agenda in the media. I always said it was bad with Tottenham but this lot are even worse.

A Man Utd fan is hardly going to say anything different is he?

Get sick of saying this( not aimed solely at you)

Do you not think for one minute Sky and the media hype it up on purpose.If not you are so naive.

Man City seem streaks ahead in football and players and for someone to get near and maybe go down to the wire on high 90 pts it is some title race.Its business.

Yes,it will never eclipse ours,but we were in the news and papers for weeks.

Kept every paper for days afterwards for keepsakes and it was vast.

Majority of Liverpool fans near me are sound and when we won it were saying unbelievable and well done

Spurs ( loads of them) mainly cocky,delusional twats were bitter,and still are.A few exceptions mind you.

For the record I have NO connections to Leicester whatsoever, so I feel it really odd that someone from Leicester supports a different team,I just don’t get it,and probably harder for me to get as riled up as most on here.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

I hate Liverpool so much because there were more Liverpool fans in my school year than Leicester. The school was 6 miles away from the city centre ffs.

Just about sums my feelings up as well. It’s the ones that actively go out of their way to give it the big one when their home town club (city in this case) lose that really ****ing wind me up. I know they’re doing it for that exact reaction but it still makes me go mad. 

Just now, trabuch said:

Harsh

Mhh. 

I'm trying to look at that in literally any way that supports Deeney but I have to be honest, the more times I watch it the more I sympathise with the officials. 

He clearly flicks his arm up towards Torreira. He quite possibly, I'd say even probably, doesn't mean to connect near his head but the man is five foot four and Deeney's six foot. 

I think he probably only means to shake him up a bit but he forced the officials to make a decision and they had to send him off, it was just beyond stupid. He's admitted before that he likes the physical change and specifically likes getting stuck in against Arsenal. 

He did. Oops. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Only seen one shitty angle replay but i don't think that's a red...

Pawson is one of the worst going but he was clearly taking instruction from the assistant. 

Why is Deeney even risking that. No need whatsoever to have has arm around Torreiras face. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

Pawson is one of the worst going but he was clearly taking instruction from the assistant. 

Why is Deeney even risking that. No need whatsoever to have has arm around Torreiras face. 

Sorry I take that back, just seen another angle and it seems the right decision. I shouldn't jump on the refs back so fast!

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

That's the softest red card i've seen in years.

He's only been sent off there because it's Troy Deeney vs Arsenal.

Sorry mate but watch it again. You can't just raise your arm up in someone's face as you're running by them. 

The speed it all happens from the angle the lino is watching that from behind he's always going to give that. 

It's harsh from some angles but when you stop and think about it it's just absolutely dumb. 

• Like 1