Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That's the softest red card i've seen in years.

He's only been sent off there because it's Troy Deeney vs Arsenal.

Seriously? The softest in years? 

I don't believe you for a second lol

It's not soft at all anyway.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry mate but watch it again. You can't just raise your arm up in someone's face as you're running by them. 

The speed it all happens from the angle the lino is watching that from behind he's always going to give that. 

It's harsh from some angles but when you stop and think about it it's just absolutely dumb. 

Nah no chance has he meant that.

Just now, StanSP said:

Seriously? The softest in years? 

I don't believe you for a second lol

It's not soft at all anyway.

It's barely a yellow.

Torreira doesn't help him either. Goes down like he's been shot when the reality if he's brushed his shoulder/ear.

While trying not to sound like a Souness type. If that's a red then you'll be showing your card 2/3 times a game.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Nah no chance has he meant that.

So his arm bounces up by accident at the exact moment he runs past Torreira in a manner in which nobody's arm has ever bounced up? 

I would agree that I doubt he meant to connect near his head/face, as I just posted myself I think he's just trying to give him a bit of a shove to deliberately barge by him just to shit him up a bit. 

I would agree that he's probably a bit unlucky that Torreira's height has made it worse than it should have been. 

But none of those things are the ref's fault, it's Deeney's. He went to be unnecessarily rough and over did it, probably unintentionally. It's a red whatever his intent. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So his arm bounces up by accident at the exact moment he runs past Torreira in a manner in which nobody's arm has ever bounced up? 

I would agree that I doubt he meant to connect near his head/face, as I just posted myself I think he's just trying to give him a bit of a shove to deliberately barge by him just to shit him up a bit. 

I would agree that he's probably a bit unlucky that Torreira's height has made it worse than it should have been. 

But none of those things are the ref's fault, it's Deeney's. He went to be unnecessarily rough and over did it, probably unintentionally. It's a red whatever his intent. 

I think he's trying to push off of Torreira's shoulder.

Torreira acting like he'd taken a punch off of Mike Tyson doesn't help. "Brushed" is the word i'd use to describe that contact.

20 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Torreira is too short for the grown ups game.

Yes - but would look great standing on the edge of a any garden pond.  Homebase should look to sell replicas?

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think he's trying to push off of Torreira's shoulder.

Torreira acting like he'd taken a punch off of Mike Tyson doesn't help. "Brushed" is the word i'd use to describe that contact.

Push off his shoulder? For what reason?

It's obvious he was trying to rough him up. That's a foul in itself. The ball had gone.

It looks fairly obvious there was intention to make contact with Torreira, if he didn't mean to smash him in the face tough, because that's what happened, he initiated the contact and is responsible for his actions. He didn't even try and make a tackle. It was reckless and totally unnecessary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Push off his shoulder? For what reason?

It's obvious he was trying to rough him up. That's a foul in itself. The ball had gone.

It looks fairly obvious there was intention to make contact with Torreira, if he didn't mean to smash him in the face tough, because that's what happened, he initiated the contact and is responsible for his actions. He didn't even try and make a tackle. It was reckless and totally unnecessary. 

I'm not suggesting that it's not a foul. It's just never, ever a red and it'll probably be overturned on appeal.

"Smash him in the face"? do me a favour.

Deeney does put himself in it, doesn't he? Slags Arsenal off for having no cojones last season then misses a penalty, calls a player a loser then gets sent off 10 minutes into the next match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

A Man Utd fan is hardly going to say anything different is he?

Get sick of saying this( not aimed solely at you)

Do you not think for one minute Sky and the media hype it up on purpose.If not you are so naive.

Man City seem streaks ahead in football and players and for someone to get near and maybe go down to the wire on high 90 pts it is some title race.Its business.

Yes,it will never eclipse ours,but we were in the news and papers for weeks.

Kept every paper for days afterwards for keepsakes and it was vast.

Majority of Liverpool fans near me are sound and when we won it were saying unbelievable and well done

Spurs ( loads of them) mainly cocky,delusional twats were bitter,and still are.A few exceptions mind you.

For the record I have NO connections to Leicester whatsoever, so I feel it really odd that someone from Leicester supports a different team,I just don’t get it,and probably harder for me to get as riled up as most on here.

I get why they do a lot of it (although not quite sure why it's so pro-Liverpool) but it doesn't mean I'll pretend I like it.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Deeney does put himself in it, doesn't he? Slags Arsenal off for having no cojones last season then misses a penalty, calls a player a loser then gets sent off 10 minutes into the next match.

obviously likes going from hero to zero. keeps him grounded

Just now, Hollyfox said:

Well done on all the anti Liverpool posts. 

I'm proud of each and every one of you?

I live in Bedford, its full of them, they are utter gobshite bastards and they are getting very very excited. 

Come on City 

We probably know some of the same people but regardless I have the same feelings lol

None of them have ever step foot near Anfield, either. 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

He’s a hypocrite. Always been like it. Preaches all this reformed character and then does thuggish stuff like that tonight. Clearly wants to connect with him 

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Well done on all the anti Liverpool posts. 

I'm proud of each and every one of you?

I live in Bedford, its full of them, they are utter gobshite bastards and they are getting very very excited. 

Come on City 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We probably know some of the same people but regardless I have the same feelings lol

They’re going to be insufferable.... I fear they will get it now and it will be like no one else has ever won it ....  will be seriously peed off !

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I used to have a very dear disabled friend, who was a massive red. 

Although we argued non stop and he always tried to get me to soften my stance, I would never budge. 

Sadly during the season that they came so close, he was diagnosed with the big C and I told him during his last few weeks in the hospice, that I hoped they would get over the line for him to cheer him up a bit. 

He told me to **** off and stop being a soft twat and don't change even if it was to pity him?

I never did, I never will?

• Haha 1