Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

You’re joking, if Liverpool win it we won’t here the last of it for the next million years and carragher will claim he was justified in flobbing all over his car window.

Him and fabinho are best mates.

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Funny that Man U could have the deciding say in this.

Payback for the tied on points season... i reckon United will get a red card.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

92D66360-5BBC-4477-AA5E-B734315DD442.jpeg

Still a cvnt

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

And in the 90’s we had plastic Man Utd fans, then plastic Chelsea fans, now plastic Man City fans. 

I’d love to see Liverpool win it. Make a nice addition to the elite band of winners. 

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

We are in the elite band of winners and the least amount of clubs that join it the better our achivements become.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

It’s not hatred from me,  it’s more growing up in the 80’s with kids from Leicester who donned Liverpool tops even though they or their family had no association with the city, better known as plastic barstools, who made me despise them at the time! Nowadays I still see them as a plastic magnet and so really don’t like to see them win. 

Kinda like me growing up in the 90s with man u, still cannot stand them 

It's the ;ac of self-awareness which is one of the most frustrating things, you can eventually get most plastic Man United fans to admit it, plastic Liverpool fans think their tour of Anfield in 2011 justifies picking them because at some point they won trophies.

C unt players, c unt fans, c unty arrogance and paranoia.

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand how Man City get a free pass with English fans. Dubious doesn't begin to describe the regime that sponsors the club. I dread to see them win again and the endorsement of a human rights disaster.

I just dislike that there are so many (too many) ex Liverpool players on our screens and airwaves. The media is oversaturated with them. I think that's what most other fans object to. 

If Man City win the double it will be forgotten by October. If Liverpool win the league it'll be rammed down our throats endlessly. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Chelsea are so boring to watch 

Chelsea just aren’t a good side. Lumping balls over the top for Higuain to run into is madness. He’s not quick and he’s a poacher in the penalty area. 

Not been impressed by Sarri at all. As soon as Liverpool scores yesterday it was game over.

Paul Scholes is the least likeable player of the "class of 82". The guy is a ****. Why is be even a pundit? He has poor speaking skills, no charisma, contributes nothing to the discussion of the game. His criticsm of Mourinho was OTT, way over the top.  Can't stand this guy

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Chelsea just aren’t a good side. Lumping balls over the top for Higuain to run into is madness. He’s not quick and he’s a poacher in the penalty area. 

Not been impressed by Sarri at all. As soon as Liverpool scores yesterday it was game over.

They have the potential to be such a good team. If he stays, Sarri needs to change his style to suit the team he has. Jorginho just hasn't gotten used to the league yet, and as the 'key man it lets the whole team down

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Those two words shouldn't be used together unless it's just say "Higuain can't run". I couldn't believe how slow and rusty he looked. Saw a reporter describe him as moving like the tin man, but without the oil. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They have the potential to be such a good team. If he stays, Sarri needs to change his style to suit the team he has. Jorginho just hasn't gotten used to the league yet, and as the 'key man it lets the whole team down

When Hazard goes they are doomed, they can hype up Hudson Odoi and Lofus Cheek all they want, they aren't winning you trophies. 

At least it makes for an interesting end to the season. Must admit to a preference for Man City, having lived near Maine Rd for a while and having a few mates who supported them. 

But despite all the 'plastic scouser' stuff, can't help admiring the way Liverpool play.  And with Tiger Woods winning the Masters, maybe it's the year for comebacks of former greats.

Also got a feeling we might nick a point at the Etihad.

Chelsea have a knack of bouncing back from a disastrous season. Wouldn't surprise me if they look like world beaters next season. I'd put money on them finishing above Man Utd and Arsenal next season.

13 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

At least it makes for an interesting end to the season. Must admit to a preference for Man City, having lived near Maine Rd for a while and having a few mates who supported them. 

But despite all the 'plastic scouser' stuff, can't help admiring the way Liverpool play.  And with Tiger Woods winning the Masters, maybe it's the year for comebacks of former greats.

Boyzone reform, Shergar is found and Metal Micky returns to the Saturday tea time slot

What a year

13 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Boyzone reform, Shergar is found and Metal Micky returns to the Saturday tea time slot

What a year

And we get Martin O'Neill back, return to a redeveloped Filbert St, play in white shorts again and go back to the old badge. 

Nurse!!

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just find them a very hypocritical fanbase and find the media fawning over them awful. Every good thing they do gets overblown because it's Liverpool.

Their latest statement ref: Salah bomber chants I found hypocritical given their defence of Suarez.......

Sport Bible yesterday put up a post asking 'If Liverpool beat Chelsea will they win the title?'

Errrr no

Its like people have forgotten that Man City are the team in the driving seat. They win their games they are champions, its that simple. I don't think Liverpool will win all their games anyway. They will draw to someone like Cardiff.

If I had to choose a winner it would be Man City, simply because I cant stand 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Absolute Cringe

• Like 1

Don't quite understand the level of anti-Liverpool vitriol displayed on this thread. 

As supporters of a team that has actually won the Premier League, maybe we should be a bit more relaxed about it.

Just saying...

25 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sport Bible yesterday put up a post asking 'If Liverpool beat Chelsea will they win the title?'

Errrr no

Its like people have forgotten that Man City are the team in the driving seat. They win their games they are champions, its that simple. I don't think Liverpool will win all their games anyway. They will draw to someone like Cardiff.

If I had to choose a winner it would be Man City, simply because I cant stand 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Absolute Cringe

Almost every news outlet is going nuts about Liverpool being "back on top", completely not bothering to acknowledge Man City have a game in hand. 

City definitely have the harder run in but they're more than capable of winning all of them. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Don't quite understand the level of anti-Liverpool vitriol displayed on this thread. 

As supporters of a team that has actually won the Premier League, maybe we should be a bit more relaxed about it.

Just saying...

I think it’s the fact that we won the Premier League that comes into it for me. I live in a town full of plastic Liverpool ‘fans’ that have never watched them live ( tv apart). As long as they don’t win the title, it’s something l can enjoy. I was in a local bar when they played Man Utd recently and it was packed full of both sets of plastics.