Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Man city will win last 5 easy they are the best premier league team ever. Realistically 3 as Burnley and Brighton are a given. Spurs will be shattered after running all night in champions league and then city will rotate and destroy on the Saturday. That leaves us and man u. They will beat man u knowing that if they win that they have easy run in and do what Barcelona did to them last week. And they won't throw it away against us and win 5 quite comfortably.

Edited by lcfcfoz

Had a feeling the game would come to life after that first half. Chelsea still asleep and shellshocked after the first goal, their left-back particularly susceptible. Then Chelsea had a fifteen minute patch where they could've scored 3, Hazard doing everything but put the ball in the net, that's Chelsea's plateau today. Then substitutions from both teams level the game out, Higuain is an absolute donkey, Kante still playing as an attacking RCM with Willian dropping deeper than him on most occasions - Kante is the best CDM in the world lol This is madness from Chelsea and it they lose Hazard and either keep Sarri or lose Kante too they're not getting Champs League next year.

Liverpool bouyant. Good performance which will serve as more of a confidence boost than anything, their fans will get even rowdier from today. Should be an interesting climax

That result is massive for Liverpool. Think they'll win it now as I can see them taking maximum points from their remaining games whilst Man City have a few potential banana skin's to negotiate and I expect them to drop points in at least one of those games.

Edited by ian_marshall

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You’re joking, if Liverpool win it we won’t here the last of it for the next million years and carragher will claim he was justified in flobbing all over his car window.

Yep. They will declare themselves the greatest team of all time.  The BBC and Sky will have wall to wall ex Liverpool players lapping it all up.

Pep and Man City have gone about their job brilliantly and with humility.  Their brand of football is a joy.

Klopp has an arrogance about him, and it isn't a good arrogance. They play and he speaks like they are owed the title because they were a good team 30 years ago.

Like Man U, Man C, Chelsea even Arsenal don’t have their glory fans. Even we picked up a fair few during our league win although most have probably disappeared now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

It’s not hatred from me,  it’s more growing up in the 80’s with kids from Leicester who donned Liverpool tops even though they or their family had no association with the city, better known as plastic barstools, who made me despise them at the time! Nowadays I still see them as a plastic magnet and so really don’t like to see them win. 

Absolutely. The amount of plastic Scousers is sickening. Half my family and friends are ones.  I don't want them to win the title...ever. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Absolutely. The amount of plastic Scousers is sickening. Half my family and friends are ones.  I don't want them to win the title...ever. 

And in the 90’s we had plastic Man Utd fans, then plastic Chelsea fans, now plastic Man City fans. 

I’d love to see Liverpool win it. Make a nice addition to the elite band of winners. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

It’s not hatred from me,  it’s more growing up in the 80’s with kids from Leicester who donned Liverpool tops even though they or their family had no association with the city, better known as plastic barstools, who made me despise them at the time! Nowadays I still see them as a plastic magnet and so really don’t like to see them win. 

I grew up in the 90s so it was exactly the same only with Man U fans instead of Liverpool. Having the Man U 'fans' take the piss out of us when we were at our lowest and say shit like, 'not arrogant, just better' made me resent them.

I'm loving the state they're in right now and I know the thing that would upset them the most would be Liverpool winning it.

That's a good enough reason for me to hope Man City slip up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

The same shitty Newcastle that beat Man City that deservedly beat us with an excellent gameplan?

The one that hadn't won away from home in 4 months and sat close to the relegation zone. The same one that has played shitty football all year.

1 hour ago, lcfcfoz said:

Man city will win last 5 easy they are the best premier league team ever. Realistically 3 as Burnley and Brighton are a given. Spurs will be shattered after running all night in champions league and then city will rotate and destroy on the Saturday. That leaves us and man u. They will beat man u knowing that if they win that they have easy run in and do what Barcelona did to them last week. And they won't throw it away against us and win 5 quite comfortably.

A team that loses back to back games, one of which being Crystal Palace at home, aren't the "best PL team ever". United won the league, the FA Cup and the Champions League in one season.

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A team that loses back to back games, one of which being Crystal Palace at home, aren't the "best PL team ever". United won the league, the FA Cup and the Champions League in one season.

and man city will win 5, all those plus league cup and charity shield.

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm with those who genuinely could not care less, and I grew up with those Liverpool fans too. It's a long time ago, I think I'm just about over it now.

I grew up with them too and whilst I never want Man Utd to win anything, Liverpool are a very close second behind them in the dislike league. I'll never forget that they were the main reason English teams were banned from European competitions for 5 years. Even laat seaaon they tried to trash the Man City team bus. They are some of the most arrogant self indulgent supporters in football. As for their plaatics...I know a "Leicrster Scouse" that takes the piss out of Man U's " Cockney Reds"...

Please. please please....don't let them win it. ( Ever again )

Edited by Cala Bona Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1