Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently Villa won't accept anything less than £20m. They have FFP rules to adhere to. 

Think they will push for more, about £30million but realistically get about £22-23million

I'm not a fan of him but he is undoubtedly talented and at his age, even if he flops here, there is still a reasonable resale value. 

I'd be tempted if we can get him around the £20million mark. He could turn out to be a very good player in the Dele Alli mould.. aka total nob but great! 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently Villa won't accept anything less than £20m. They have FFP rules to adhere to. 

How on earth are championship players now currently valued at £20m. Christ imagine what our championship title winning squad was worth.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Think they will push for more, about £30million but realistically get about £22-23million

I'm not a fan of him but he is undoubtedly talented and at his age, even if he flops here, there is still a reasonable resale value. 

I'd be tempted if we can get him around the £20million mark. He could turn out to be a very good player in the Dele Alli mould.. aka total nob but great! 

They are taking the piss asking for £20m, a totally unproven player at high level football.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

By all accounts they have to bring in some good money this summer so he'll very likely be sold to the highest bidder even if that figure is £15m. Bottom line is Villa have to sell as they probably don't have too many assets that will fetch in good money.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They are taking the piss asking for £20m, a totally unproven player at high level football.

Football world we live in now I'm afraid. 

Roberts - £15 million

Maddison - £17 million

Grealish - £20 million 

All unproven at the higher level but carry a premium because of their age/potential and of course being English too. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Football world we live in now I'm afraid. 

Roberts - £15 million

Maddison - £17 million

Grealish - £20 million 

All unproven at the higher level but carry a premium because of their age/potential and of course being English too. 

Not sure why the price of someone after one good season is now £20m when about £10-£12m would regularly buy you the top scorer in the division about a year ago. The valuations are ridiculous.

14 hours ago, toddybad said:

Tbf we might be waiting to see how much we get for Mahrez to decide whether to go for 1st or 2nd option players or even push the boat out for a marquee.

Good idea.

Put out a signal of our in tent.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Not sure why the price of someone after one good season is now £20m when about £10-£12m would regularly buy you the top scorer in the division about a year ago. The valuations are ridiculous.

I think there was a lot of hype around him when he first broke into the Villa team in the Prem too, which has probably lingered and inflated the price as well.

If we do sign him, then it should be written into the contract that he must get a haircut or no deal. 

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Massive drop in standards from Vicente.

Iborra doesn’t score over head kicks in the champions league final though ay Suzie? 

PS people, not all. But some have likened me to a young Lee Philpott. Just have a think about that.  X

Remember piss pot well not suzies type ?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Eh, I’m not so sure. Seems like one of those twats which thinks he’s the dog’s bollocks when he’s got nothing to show for it. Huth and Vardy aren’t twats in that sense. 

right, but villa fans love him, because he gives it for the team, thats what makes a **** one you can get behind.

16 hours ago, katieakita said:

Fair point but I give you a certain D Wise who was a xxxx at Chelsea yet here he became a complete and utter xxxx 

Dennis Wise was never really 'our ****' just someone who was on the payroll. you give everything for the team, then you become our ****. Grealish does do that in fairness to him. 

47 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

How would people feel if we sold Mahrez and bought in Grealish and Maddison?

Gutted to sell Mahrez no matter what, but would certainly help if we sign two young, talented, attacking flair players.

I'd like Roberts too! 

'...you can't win anything with kids' :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Surely we can find someone better than Grealish if we have to spend that much. 

Maybe abroad? The cost is more to do with the longer term potential I think, rather than what he is now. 

He certainly isn't a £20 million player now but shows signs of being and surpassing that possibly. 

I think due to his age and being English, even if he fails to make an impact here, he will still have a decent resale value in a couple of seasons, so I actually think £20million isn't too bad for him, especially when you see the money being thrown around these days. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe abroad? The cost is more to do with the longer term potential I think, rather than what he is now. 

He certainly isn't a £20 million player now but shows signs of being and surpassing that possibly. 

I think due to his age and being English, even if he fails to make an impact here, he will still have a decent resale value in a couple of seasons, so I actually think £20million isn't too bad for him, especially when you see the money being thrown around these days. 

Maybe yeah, i'll be completely honest i haven't seen much of him is he better than what we have right now? 

I think for a young English player with a Premier League future £20 million is just standard sadly - it's like the 500k of circa 1992.

Its the fee you pay for the privilege of rolling the dice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Maybe yeah, i'll be completely honest i haven't seen much of him is he better than what we have right now? 

I remember when he first appeared on the scenes at Villa in the Prem and was the one shining light they had for a while, and he has had rave reviews this season. He is known for his agility and ability to go past players with ease. From what I have seen, he seems quite one footed (right) but I was impressed with his work rate and aggression. Obviously known for being a nob though, but maybe we need a bit of that. Reminds me of Dele Alli in that way. 

Is he better than we have? I guess you have to compare him to Diabate, Gray and Iheanacho.. and I would say on par with those in terms of raw ability and potential exciting future ahead. No better than we have then, but certainly another very bright talent that could become a top player. Another IF though, so can see why people may want a proven player to come in instead.

I'd be happy with two from Maddison, Roberts and Grealish. 

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

How on earth are championship players now currently valued at £20m. Christ imagine what our championship title winning squad was worth.

One of them was worth £25m (and he had a PL winners medal too :ph34r:)