Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

12 minutes ago, knitro said:

Here's that Villa Talk ITK - top of page 710

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4026-jack-grealish/?page=710

Actually quite an interesting read through the last 2 pages. A fair few seem quite accepting a move to us would help his career and be quite good for him, whilst admittedly hating it. Seems a similar situation with us and mahrez 

31 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I reckon King and James aren't in the first team plans for next season. were losing Mahrez and Puel doesn't seem keen on Albrighton, I can see us getting Maddison, Grealish and Roberts in, and It will be nice if the Barkley rumour is true as well :)

Barkley's not coming here for too many reasons to list.

I think we could well sign two out the three of Maddison, Grealish and Roberts but we won't want all three IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knitro said:

Here's that Villa Talk ITK - top of page 710

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4026-jack-grealish/?page=710

spiezels

• Reserve Team
  • ball-2.png.5fe7257bf9fe216bbac924b4fa5db
  •  
  • Full Members
  • 647 posts
  7 hours ago, bobzy said:

I just don’t see what he gains from going to a club like Leicester, as a Villa fan. 

Albrighton got more wages, champs league footy and a premier league winners medal out of it.

Cant blame the lads ambition if he does leave, as hard as it would be for the club, fans and the lad.

Alby still goes to Villa games, so his decision won’t have been made lightly.

:claudio:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mod hero said:

Massive drop in standards from Vicente.

Iborra doesn’t score over head kicks in the champions league final though ay Suzie? 

PS people, not all. But some have likened me to a young Lee Philpott. Just have a think about that.  X

I used to have a thing about Philpot. Imagine that lol 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

No player has gone for close to that, so not sure that's standard. That's a jump of about £5m on what was slowly becoming standard for the top goal talents like Wood and Assombol-what's-his face.

Sure but they have not perhaps gone to cash rich clubs. Circa 20 million will be the quoted haggling starting fee because we have cash. 

If if you think he’ll go for less that’s cool but I think he is a different level of gravy to Wood and what’s his face.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sure but they have not perhaps gone to cash rich clubs. Circa 20 million will be the quoted haggling starting fee because we have cash. 

If if you think he’ll go for less that’s cool but I think he is a different level of gravy to Wood and what’s his face.

I have no idea what he'll go for, that's dictated by many different things. I was just surprised by the sort of "£20m yeah that's about right" posts on here. I just look at what he's done before, his end product this season and that seems a lot considering what the market was only very recently.

I'm baffled how highly rated this kid is given he's a humungous bellend and his end product is every bit as bad as Demarai Gray's. What part of his game has made the footballing public think he's the next big thing? This season at Championship level in a strong team he's scored and assisted a pitiful amount. What's the explanation there, I don't get it? I know there's more to goals and assists but our scouting team work on many key attributes when looking for new players, I'd love to know what boxes he's ticked so far? The price tag is much more than a potential gamble ala Gray, you'd want a player who's outgrown his level and destined to hit the ground running in the PL for £20-25m. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I have no idea what he'll go for, that's dictated by many different things. I was just surprised by the sort of "£20m yeah that's about right" posts on here. I just look at what he's done before, his end product this season and that seems a lot considering what the market was only very recently.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm baffled how highly rated this kid is given he's a humungous bellend and his end product is every bit as bad as Demarai Gray's. What part of his game has made the footballing public think he's the next big thing? This season at Championship level in a strong team he's scored and assisted a pitiful amount. What's the explanation there, I don't get it? I know there's more to goals and assists but our scouting team work on many key attributes when looking for new players, I'd love to know what boxes he's ticked so far? The price tag is much more than a potential gamble ala Gray, you'd want a player who's outgrown his level and destined to hit the ground running in the PL for £20-25m. 

And somehow being touted as the best player in the Championship this season... Not sure how that equates either in all honesty but being definitely touted as different gravy.

38 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

do we need more youth is the question? are we perhaps going for the Monaco model with transfer i.e. buy them young, develop them and sell them on?

Don't think we need to become a selling club like that, as doing well financially. I suspect we are going down this route because we can't compete with the big boys in terms of buying a top "finished article" player at £60-70million, so instead we are buying younger players that seem on a path to becoming a top player. It's an exciting strategy in terms of potential, but not without its risks, as experience and maturity still has its value in success. 

Interesting that Maddison was in the Championship Team of the Year and there was no Grealish. 

Perhaps Maddison > Grealish in terms of pricetag/value too. I wouldn't say no to both but I do think Roberts will join, so perhaps just one of these are more likely 

I reckon this will happen tbh. All signs looking likely especially as he's spending time with Gray and Chilwell. 

Interesting read on the Villa forum - quite a humble bunch on there tbh and most agree that a move to us would be a step up with benefits for his England chances.

Again - yes, the lad comes across as a bit of a bell but I reckon he'd mature here under the right guidance; as he has started to with Terry taking him under his wing. 

Some of our fans seem to have a problem with taking on younger players with a bright spark about them - quick to jump on them for 'attitude problems' and not having end-product.

Players like Gray, Chilwell, Grealish, etc - they all have 'something' about them - it just needs the right environment for it to develop, much like Vardy did with us. 

I'd rather we were signing players like this and giving it a go - we're all too quick here to jump on their backs.

I'd welcome him tbf. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

"Fvck all but the flag" how pleasant.

The designers of that brand (twin brothers from Canada) released that line as a nod to their Canadian heritage apparently. 

We're not really going to start judging a players attitude by the slogans on their t-shirts, right? 

• Like 2

Don't underestimate the pull of going to play at the same club as all your mates.

I'm not convinced as the stats suggest he doesn't have a great end product but if he joins then I'll support him 100%. However, there are players our fans seem to instantly love and those they seem to instantly hate. Doesn't take a psychic to work out that Grealish will probably go straight into that latter category if he doesn't kill it from the word go.

Seems like a lot of people are judging for him for being a bit of a flashy bastard but let's be honest, most of us would probably act like a bit of a knob head if we earned what he does at his age. I definitely would have lol

Edited by Paddy.

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Decent read and comments, I think he’s a cockwomble but would be a decent acquisition.....;)

I would tend to agree with the fact that he seems VERY easy to dislike but to be fair, most people I've spoken to who have no affiliation with Leicester, feel the exact same way about Vardy. 

Players like that tend to be loved by their fans and despised by everyone else.....

• Like 1

We did experiment with a 4-1-4-1 last season as well as the 4-2-3-1. Think Grealish is ideal for Puel because he can play either as a number 8 in the first formation or as a 10 behind the striker in the 2nd formation. 

Many times under Puel last season It was obvious we were lacking a player in the midfield who can go direct at the defence and make things happen either with their dribbling ability or looking for sharp little one twos. Think he would be massive for us if we get him in.