Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

This is something I can't get my head around. We seem to have a large section of our fans who can't seem to get on with young players who have confidence in themselves - as if it's a bad thing. They also can't seem to overlook / understand that sometimes young people (in general) make mistakes and occasionally do stupid stuff like use 'laughing gas' (harmless, for the most part, btw). Yes, yes - paid a lot of money, got a lot of influence, should know better - shouldn't we all? I'd love to know how many of the 'squeaky-clean' posters of FT, so quick to call people out are actually free of misdemeanour and mistakes themselves.

Bang on. John Terry was hardly an angel at his age and look at the model pro he's become.

26 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

The designers of that brand (twin brothers from Canada) released that line as a nod to their Canadian heritage apparently. 

We're not really going to start judging a players attitude by the slogans on their t-shirts, right? 

Was about to say the same thing. DSQUARED2 is a very nice and very expensive brand. Go back to having a go at his hair.

5 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Bang on. John Terry was hardly an angel at his age and look at the model pro he's become.

It just makes me laugh dude - so many 'holier than thou' fans who think their own shit don't stink.

footballer players are human beings - they can be dicks, they can **** shit up, they make mistakes. 

the old 'they get paid so much money' bla bla bla - it don't wash. 

If I was in my early twenties with more money than I knew what to do with I'd probably act like a dick as well (in fact, I've done plenty of that without the millions tbf).

they get paid to kick a ball about - if they choose to be a good person and do charity work and act like a model pro then fine - but if they don't? they don't owe it to anyone. 

IIRC I think Grealish does his bit for charity as well.

While Grealish’s party-boy image may never leave him, it’s also worth remembering how much the 22-year-old does for charity.

He regularly makes donations to local causes including signed merchandise as a way of ‘giving back’.

Most recently he made a substantial donation to the support fund of Moin Younis who is raising money in the hope that there may be a treatment for his agonising skin condition.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 3

He's clearly got ambitions to play for England given the fact he's already turned down the chance of an international career with Ireland. In the right environment with us he could thrive. He'd obviously have that determination about him if he'd be willing to leave the club he actually supports to try and further his career at a higher level.

I think many posters- myself included - need to get past the possibility that he’s a bit arrogant. He’s a young man who’s found fame and, if he comes, fortune. He enjoys being a big fish. That’s not the worst crime in life. If he contributes to our team, then good luck to him. Confess that I’ve kind of warmed to the idea of him being here. I’m inclined to think he has something about him and could grow significantly whilst here. 

45 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

This is something I can't get my head around. We seem to have a large section of our fans who can't seem to get on with young players who have confidence in themselves - as if it's a bad thing. They also can't seem to overlook / understand that sometimes young people (in general) make mistakes and occasionally do stupid stuff like use 'laughing gas' (harmless, for the most part, btw). Yes, yes - paid a lot of money, got a lot of influence, should know better - shouldn't we all? I'd love to know how many of the 'squeaky-clean' posters of FT, so quick to call people out are actually free of misdemeanour and mistakes themselves.

Been saying the same for ages. I can only think it stems from sheer jealousy (though maybe not on a conscious level) that these kids have made it and we haven't. There seems to be no patience among some sections of our support for our young players and very little appreciation of the fact that by definition, young players will make mistakes (on and off the field) and will lack consistency.

As I said in my post, I'll happily admit that I'd have almost definitely acted like a knob head if I'd earned what he does at his age lol

Edited by Paddy.

I'm not the biggest fan of Grealish and I'd much sooner have Maddison but cut the guy some slack, a lot of people seem to be making a judgement based solely on his appearance and his demeanour outside of football. Plus 'Hippy Crack' or NOS is well fun.

He’s a young lad with a ridiculous amount of spare cash, pretty much all young footballers wear this sort of stuff. I only care about what he could do for us on the pitch (and his hair) he can wear what he likes as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, Scanchez said:

Looks as though he played for both Ireland U21 and England U21 actually.

Started off with Ireland and then had a change of heart.

...could never understand this!!!

Surely you must know where your allegiance lie?

Quite sad if you are not aware of your heritage.....or choose to ignore for financial gain!!

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

We did experiment with a 4-1-4-1 last season as well as the 4-2-3-1. Think Grealish is ideal for Puel because he can play either as a number 8 in the first formation or as a 10 behind the striker in the 2nd formation. 

Many times under Puel last season It was obvious we were lacking a player in the midfield who can go direct at the defence and make things happen either with their dribbling ability or looking for sharp little one twos. Think he would be massive for us if we get him in.

Isn't Silva our number 8? I agree we need a number 10 which is why someone like Maddison would be more suited.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't Silva our number 8? I agree we need a number 10 which is why someone like Maddison would be more suited.

Yeah Silva is a number 8, for me though he wasn’t assertive enough with the ball. We are really lacking someone who can pick up the ball from deep and drive at the opposition. Grealish is comfortable as an 8 or 10 and think he perfectly suits what we need.

A 4-1-4-1, with the possibility of Gray-Grealish-Ndidi-Roberts with Vardy as the striker and Iborra shielding the back 4 season excites me.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...odious bloke!!!!

What makes you say this? The mistakes he's made are the same mistakes made by millions of ordinary people.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...could never understand this!!!

Surely you must know where your allegiance lie?

Quite sad if you are not aware of your heritage.....or choose to ignore for financial gain!!

I doubt it's either of those things. 

First of all he may have mixed heritage and mixed feeling about each.

Second, if you are offered the opportunity to play international football for a nation that you are able to play for within the regulations, why wouldn't you take the chance if you aren't sure you'll get to play for England?

Did you kick off when Wes Morgan went to play for Jamaica? 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

We did experiment with a 4-1-4-1 last season as well as the 4-2-3-1. Think Grealish is ideal for Puel because he can play either as a number 8 in the first formation or as a 10 behind the striker in the 2nd formation. 

Many times under Puel last season It was obvious we were lacking a player in the midfield who can go direct at the defence and make things happen either with their dribbling ability or looking for sharp little one twos. Think he would be massive for us if we get him in.

That's exactly what we need, someone who can retain possession while drawing in the opposition and creating space for others.

23 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

3 goals and 6 assists in the Championship last season isn’t lighting my ? 

Me neither tbh. But hopefully those that make the decisions at our club can see past the stats an recognise where they can impove players, to get those stats up into double figures. If not, don’t buy him

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

What makes you say this? The mistakes he's made are the same mistakes made by millions of ordinary people.

I don't it's either of those things. 

First of all he may have mixed heritage and mixed feeling about each.

Second, if you are offered the opportunity to play international football for a nation that you are able to play for within the regulations, why wouldn't you take the chance if you aren't sure you'll get to play for England?

Did you kick off when Wes Morgan went to play for Jamaica? 

....backed Wes for doing so!!

you'd like to think that whoever is doing the scouting will look past those figures when seeing how he will fit in here - or at least take into account other factors like the quality of players around him, the different league he plays in, etc. 

I can't imagine any scout anywhere worth his salt will look at goals and assists figures and base their decision on that alone, at all, ever. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....backed Wes for doing so!!

But you don't think if he'd had had the choice he'd have played for England?

31 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

3 goals and 6 assists in the Championship last season isn’t lighting my ? 

Due to injury only made 22 starts, 18 in central midfield. 3 attacking midfielder, 1 left side of midfield. 

They’re not amazing stats but not quite as shabby as they first appear. 

Living in Birmingham I don’t know a Villa fan who doesn’t think he has massive potential to be top drawer. 

Also, being mates with Chilwell and Gray they can console each other when we get on our young players backs for not playing like Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo and Pele. 

Edited by Nickfosse