Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

Gray is just about manageable but imagine a dressing room with characters like Gray and Grealish together, it’s a recipe for disaster.

I was never Pearsons biggest fan but he wouldn’t go near either put those two together will 100% create team morale issues.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Look, Brian little used to have to take Joachim to the train station himself to make sure he’d get on the right train... 

If he can get dressed in the morning, surely that’s enough...

After scoring for us away at Brum.Joachim was at Leicester train station  on his way home as we all piled of the last train back.

Couldn't imagine that happening theses days.

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think for a young English player with a Premier League future £20 million is just standard sadly - it's like the 500k of circa 1992.

Its the fee you pay for the privilege of rolling the dice.

I agree. 20 mill for a player like Grealish is where I’d pitch him at. Same with Patrick Roberts.

God knows how we can talk anyway to be honest. Having paid 17 mill for Musa and 29 mill for Slimani.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. 20 mill for a player like Grealish is where I’d pitch him at. Same with Patrick Roberts.

God knows how we can talk anyway to be honest. Having paid 17 mill for Musa and 29 mill for Slimani.

It's crazy mate but you can counter that with the purchases of Riyad, Vards, N'Golo and Drinky and the massive ROI on 2 soon to be 3 of them!

7 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

It's crazy mate but you can counter that with the purchases of Riyad, Vards, N'Golo and Drinky and the massive ROI on 2 soon to be 3 of them!

Very true matey. What I was trying to say was the plonkers who suggest 20 mill for that type of ‘championship player’ is too much, just look at our recent track record. Apart from Harry who I’m sure was a championship player when we signed him and cost not far off 20 mill anyway.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Very true matey. What I was trying to say was the plonkers who suggest 20 mill for that type of ‘championship player’ is too much, just look at our recent track record. Apart from Harry who I’m sure was a championship player when we signed him and cost not far off 20 mill anyway.

Yes I know bud, I was alluding to the fact we have also done some phenomenal business in a very difficult marketplace!

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

nope. played for England U21s.

Incorrect. Grealish played ROI youth right up the under 21s. He ****ed us off when MON asked him to play for the seniors but he refused as he then wouldn't be eligible to play for England should he get a call up. He was arrogant enough to believe he would, and didn't; so he now has switched his allegiance and plays for England under 21s. This is how he knows and is pictured with Chilwell and Gray across social media.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deebhoy said:

He knocked back the ROI under the granny rule if memory serves me right.  Wanted to play to England.  How's that going LOL.

I guess time will tell whether was the right decision or not. Bit early to judge 

Edited by STUHILL

20 minutes ago, DannyN83 said:

Don't understand all the hate.. Give the lad a rest.. Unless he doesn't come here then fcvk him.

Do ya know what, I agree. I think he could do well with us. I’m certainly willing to give a young, English no10 a go. Gerrrrimin 

• Like 1

I'm all for Grealish signing purely on reading the Villa fans view and the little bit I've seen of him against Middlesbrough and Fulham in the play offs. Hardly any Villa fan has a bad word to say about him and although some are way OTT some of them view him as a £60m player, the best player in the Championship and a top six player in waiting.

I''m more than happy for us to sign him provided we have a plan for him and not just bring him here as a round peg to fit in a square hole.

I'm getting quite excited by our transfer links with Maddison as well. In two or three years time this side could all be peaking in their mid 20's :wub:

Iheanacho

Gray   Grealish   Maddison

Ndidi   Choudhury

Chilwell   Maguire   ??????   Pereira

???????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think for a young English player with a Premier League future £20 million is just standard sadly - it's like the 500k of circa 1992.

Its the fee you pay for the privilege of rolling the dice.

No player has gone for close to that, so not sure that's standard. That's a jump of about £5m on what was slowly becoming standard for the top goal talents like Wood and Assombol-what's-his face.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

So your one example is a really a premier league player who'd won player of the season at a premier league club and didn't cost £20m.

£20m is about a 33% mark up on what the best championship players have been going for in recent history. Players with shit loads of goals... not 3 goals and 6 assists.

To put that into context, Waghorn got 16 goals and 11 assists for Ipswich. There is some absolute guff managing to perform in that league.

Im amazed people think his value is £20m+, when the market hasn't been close to that yet really.

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Any chance we could sign Maddison and Grealish? lol

I reckon King and James aren't in the first team plans for next season. were losing Mahrez and Puel doesn't seem keen on Albrighton, I can see us getting Maddison, Grealish and Roberts in, and It will be nice if the Barkley rumour is true as well :)