Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

I said it after the Burnley game and I'll say it again today. We won't win another game this season and we'll finish at best 10th possibly even 11th or 12th. Newcastle are going to finish above us which would pretty much sum up our season as they are a terrible team but have a manager that is getting results. Glad he finally made changes and dropped Morgan and Simpson but we don't look like scoring at all. We have got to be one of the easiest teams to defend against at the moment and considering we have the likes of Vardy and Mahrez at our disposal, that is really poor. Why we insist on just lumping hopeless crosses into the box with nobody to get on the end of them is baffling! 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Think he's clutching at straws. It's harder when teams sit back but we're not creating GOOD scoring chances.

Not tonight we didn’t but other games we have. 

I think that puel expected Hughes to play more open than that. 

Man City beat this lot earlier in the season with the last kick of the game. If they decide to play for a point then they aren’t bad at it. Their approach has been to try and win away - at Newcastle and West Ham, it cost them. 

We need to recruit players able to break down stubborn defensive set ups,  gone are the days when teams would come and attack us, with numbers, allowing us to break on them. it’s different to how it used to be. We probably get too much respect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Obviously your English is no good, go school, go learn and come back.  Hence you do not understand

From what I'm seeing, this may take you along time.  

The best bit of this post of yours is that it's riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Christ almighty.

Lay off the beer.

Edited by Beechey

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I was referrring to his general record but you're right for Diabaté. Does it change that much at the end of the day? Would the club have signed him without his approval? Credit where it's due. 

I'm not on fire. Just fed up with some deluded people here and their toxic mindset, thinking we became Barca overnight. They seem to be happy every time we fall flat so they can rant to no end about a manager they never liked from the beginning, about whom they know shit, givng you some "told ya so" BS.

I strongly disagree with you about Puel but still respect your point of view. Your posts are balanced and worth a read. You're not the only one here thank god. But the "muh booooooooooring" crap I can't stand. I should simply ignore it but I just can't.

Sorry who said anything about becoming Barca overnight, surely that expectation would be from fans over the last 3 years???

The majority that have followed the club for a long time can see the club are on the best financial footing ever, and last season had the 14th largest revenue in world football.

Thus expectations are increased inline, no one is expecting Barca but this is a sqaud that has (on paper) a wealth of talent including the bench and being loaned out.

We should be competing better that 4 wins in 17 games.

If the football under Claude is evolving then surely there should be an upturn in results as opposed to the opposite under half a season of his stewardship.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Beechey said:

The best bit of this post of yours is that it's riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Christ almighty.

And....does the mesaage and meaning have less value?  

Maybe I'm dyslexic, maybe I have a mental condition?  Maybe I just don't give a fxxk and post what I like?

I'm loving the attention, by the way, makes up for a really shitty game.

Our play is so slow and ponderous we have no choice but to go down the sides and put aimless crosses in to just one man in the box who is 5ft 9.

i don’t think we will win again this season. 

Good of news is that the owners will not keep him if that’s the case. IMO 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

We'll be lucky to finish 10th. Could easily drop down further. 

I don't know, Newcastle and Everton still play each other, and then Newcastle plays both Spurs and Chelsea (with WBA and Watford in the middle). Everton have a much nice line of games though. If we're not careful we could easily drop below them.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

And....does the mesaage and meaning have less value?  

Maybe I'm dyslexic, maybe I have a mental condition?  Maybe I just don't give a fxxk and post what I like?

I'm loving the attention, by the way, makes up for a really shitty game.

Image result for spelling police gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Do people really think Iheanacho had a generally bad game? I think he obviously tapered off at the end of his game, but for the entirety of the first half he was on fire.

Good first half, Southampton sussed him in the second, they put 2 centre mids closer togethr

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

I'm still in the 'Puel in' camp (just) but that was awful tonight. 

Don't think I've ever seen a side playing at home, drawing 0-0, make a double substitution in the 90th minute. 

Decision-making is a total mess. 

I thought it was a nice gesture

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Heard a lot of discontent. Don't really completely agree with it. That was the most defensive 451 we've played against all season. It was pathetic from Hughes, they were well drilled and organised but made zero effort to win the game. 

Credit where its due, that's not easy to play against. We complain that we can't bring them down but not a lot of teams can, it's not straight forward.

I thought we worked pretty hard and played one of our best games in recent weeks. But we don't have Silva or Sterling or Aguero and we can't just twinkle toes out way through something that stubborn. 

Totally agree with this. Disgraceful tactics from Southampton, given their plight. Feel for their fans travelling all that way to see their team not even try to attack for 90% of the game.

Thought we played some lovely - and quick - interplays in the first half but we then lost our way in the middle third of the game. In the last 20 minutes, when we were camped around their box, we were crying out for a big man up front to give us a different option, just as Ulloa did a year ago against Atletico. 

I've defended Puel all through but there is no doubt that it is very worrying that we have failed to win the last 5 home games in the league, all against bottom half sides. Would have expected 10-12 points from those games, not 4. We'd have then been pushing Burnley all the way. That's what makes everything seem so disappointing at the minute.

Still don't feel that we are getting any breaks at the moment, though. 

• Like 2