Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Having been watching football and supporting Leicester (but not as well as some of you)  for many years, there is nothing I hate more in the game than the self entitled fan. Newcastle had it once, Spurs have it constantly (as of course manu and arse) but it disappoints me that Leicester fans are suffering from it.

You've got to go a bit deeper with your "self-entitlement" with regards to our fanbase.

Because there is nothing I hate more in the game than the fan who calls other fans who are critical of the manager and the players "self-entitled" without saying why.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

I thought most of them were crap but Ihenacho I thought was particularly garbage.

We desperately want to win a match and he brings on 2 subs in injury time?

Thought he wasn’t bad in the first half. Probably his best performance for us, albeit with no goal or assist

I must have been watching a different game from you lot. Although, on the match thread things were reasonably positive. We played some attacking and fast football - we were mostly let down by our finishing, which is unusual as we have two of the most clinical players in the league. Second half was more difficult, but I think we still did quite well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Still can’t get over it - that soton side are fighting for their PL existence. would you accept that approach from manager and players if things were swapped around? 

they came for a point. That should tell you everything about last night and how teams view coming to the KP.

It's incredibly frustrating; a side fighting for their lives came and just sat there, rarely did they venture forward or push at us. They had more of a go at Arsenal than us fgs. 

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I must have been watching a different game from you lot. Although, on the match thread things were reasonably positive. We played some attacking and fast football - we were mostly let down by our finishing, which is unusual as we have two of the most clinical players in the league. Second half was more difficult, but I think we still did quite well.

You watched a different game from me forsure.

30 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We just have to shoot more from all angles. Dunno why we fanny about at the edge of the box, lack of confidence maybe? I dunno but I cant help but think any manager we could have would struggle to beat a parked bus with this lot.

Chilwell sees a lot of the ball..but he needs to cross early and diagonally while defenders are retrrating.  He is killing off the chances.

Albrighton played deeper than Simpson!

Once in second half gey ran towards the box. .. like diabate does.  This terrifies flatfooted defenders...he did it once.

Vardy is feeding of scraps.  

When it was ckear we needed another approach to open them up (by 50 mins). ... we just carried on with same old sh1t

I know it was disappointing, no goals, dull game, cant argue

But, if you take in to account it was a young lineup who are not used to playing together, a few players who have not been playing football week in week out, Albrighton in a new position... all playing with more or less nothing to play for in the league against a team fighting for survival

Factor in Mahrez has been frankly not good enough aside from a couple of moments since he came back [from his strop]; our supposed best player is in such form that I think he may well have secured another season with us

Also, we are trying to play like Arsenal, with our current squad!  It could be viewed as positive that we managed to look so solid playing that kind of football

I do understand doubters more and more as the second half of the season has not been great

Still think that doubt is coming from a place which has become too trigger happy.  We need time and transfers, squad is in need of a reshuffle

There are many mitigating factors to whats become of our season

I blame Puel only really for not playing Drago and for continuing to play Simpson

But then again, there are players in the squad he probably doesnt fully trust and so it was safer to stick with tried and true until we were safe, now we are safe he is experimenting, and we can clearly see transfers are in need

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

We will finish between 8th and 10t,, the team is in transition with a few heads I’m sure thinking that there time is up.  Over reaction to an end of season dead rubber for us?

Puel has signed one player and he looks a great prospect.  He has the bottle to drop our captain (would Shakespeare have done that?) and move on a load of players on loan.

Give him the chance to build a team with his own players.  For unless we are sitting rock bottom at Christmas he has at least until the end of next season before he should really be judged.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

Isn't this how West Brom finished last season? Didn't do them any harm...

West Brom lost 9 of their last 12 and drew 2 amassing 5 points., we've got 14 points from our last 12...  so no it's not the same no matter how bitterly disappointing it currently feels.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

We will finish between 8th and 10t,, the team is in transition with a few heads I’m sure thinking that there time is up.  Over reaction to an end of season dead rubber for us?

Puel has signed one player and he looks a great prospect.  He has the bottle to drop our captain (would Shakespeare have done that?) and move on a load of players on loan.

Give him the chance to build a team with his own players.  For unless we are sitting rock bottom at Christmas he has at least until the end of next season before he should really be judged.

He is a ditherer and always will be a ditherer