Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I seen a stat on Twitter that since the beginning of February we average more crosses into the box a game then we did from August to February 

Somebody should tell Puel that we've loaned out Slimani (6ft 2in) and Ulloa (6ft 1in) in January.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Possibly in the minority but not alone. I'm really torn with Puel. I believe in giving managers a chance and time. Whilst stats can be produced to support either a 'sack em quick' or a 'stick with em' approach, the truth is we can afford to give Puel some time as we not going to get relegated. Yes I'm worried about form and momentum and to make it worse we are where we are because lots of teams around us are rubbish. The football is dreadfully dull, slow ponderous and non penetrating. There is little excitement or joy in watching this.

On the other hand, when he first turned up we played some scintillating attacking football. He is blooding our youth, he has a reputation for bringing youth on, he hasn't had a transfer window, some of the payers, I'm sorry to say, are past their sell by date.

I veer from "sack him now" to "he needs time and a chance to build the team."

I don't know what the answer is, but changing the manager isn't a guarantee of anything, so I'm leaning towards patience is required. Just my thoughts

That pretty much perfectly sums up my thoughts on the whole situation. 

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Not at all, he gets himself into so much open space and delivers pin point balls!! Will be a pleasure to watch him in 5 years time when he has developed into a top pro. 

Sarcasm right?

• Haha 1

I'm sorry but the bloke is boring. Our most attacking line-up and even that went ****ing sideways. There is no fight whatsoever. You only have to look at Puel stood quietly on the sideline to see it. I genuinely have no idea what our tactics are anymore. I don't blame the likes of Mahrez anymore for wanting to leave. I would do the same.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Again, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. You're talking as if you're possessed with this notion that everyone out there is having an agenda against yours, trying to prove a point when you're battling windmills like Don Quixote.

No sane Leicester City FC fan would even go near thinking we'll turn into a sexy possession-based football team in a short amount of time.

But at least give it a go on a more regular basis, from the start (like today).

Personally, I think most fans were underwhelmed with his appointment, but willing to give him time.

Go back, browse the threads from the October period and see for yourself how many fans were really "hating" Puel back then. He came to this club with a certain reputation following his time at Southampton, and it appears it's found its natural continuation. It's a bit like Groundhog Day with Claude right now.

Fact is, our football on show has been mostly turgid in the past five months, results speak against Puel, players perform as if they couldn't care less (for about one half per match, usually when we go behind).

You can't deny that the title did a lot of damage by raising the expectations of many here. I don't need to have been there for 20 years to notice the shift. I watched as much Leicester vids as I could find on the net prior to the great escape and the title. I'm directly aiming at the people that still think we can play like in 2015/16 and they ain't windmills. That style is dead and buried wether they want it or not. We can have it on the menu but it's not the main dish anymore. 

Oh I remember it and very well at that. I remember the underwhelmed reactions and how people were already dead set against him as he was appointed, although he didn't even manage one game. How the Soton effect made way in the mind of many. They kept quite as long as we won. And now that's a wave of "told ya so".

I prefer to put things in perspective and never considered this season to be anything but a transition with very likely no tangible results. Sure we could have been in Europe but look at who's above us? A team coached by one manager for a couple of seasons, who had the time to print his ideas and model the team as he wished.  We changed the way of playing, what was absolutely necessary and it's unsurprisingly a hit and miss right now. Of course I'm not pleased by what I see, but still waiting for the next season, and a transfer window to judge Puel.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yet some don't want to see the trend with puel ?

His post match interview was hilarious. Said we played well and then had to use a translator for one of the questions yet he’s managed in this country for nearly two years.

I struggle to see how he can motivate these players and his days are numbered. Nothing against him, it just clearly doesn’t look like it will work.

Walking back to the car, everyone was saying how boring and predictable the team has become. I didn't overhear anything positive being said.

And it was pretty much the same after Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Lose the fans, Claude, and you lose your job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dawko said:

What sort of idiot makes a great Right Winger play at Right Full Back and a great Right Full Back play as a Right Winger?

Puel hasn't got a clue.

One that has to choose between Albrighton, who has experience in that general area and Danny Simpson. Which full back played as a right winger in this game?

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Don't really know what to make of that game and the result.

Surely a point gained on Burnley, promising, attacking football on the whole.

Good effort from everyone involved, Mahrez was hit and miss to some extent, as was Silva and Ndidi probably the only slight disappointment tonight.

Albrighton at right-back works... against poorer opposition like Southampton.

The end product, however.... Pffft.

We've managed to score more than one goal only once in the past nine matches.

I suppose we've had the most possession and shots on goal again and that somehow should make me feel happy.

Point gained is better than a loss, with regard to attacking football I don't think that was much to do with us, more to do with the fact Southampton didn't attempt to close us down and spent the entire match sat back allowing us to come forward. 

If we played Burnley again today I expect it would have been the same as it was last week. 

When I saw our lineup prior to kick off, I said they'd be goals lol... What an utterly dreadful game of football, both sides were woeful. There was no cohesion, the players seemed to be on different wavelengths. I've defended the manager, but now it's time for him to defend himself. If this crappy run continues until the end of the season, I can see him gone by next season.

29 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sorry who said anything about becoming Barca overnight, surely that expectation would be from fans over the last 3 years???

The majority that have followed the club for a long time can see the club are on the best financial footing ever, and last season had the 14th largest revenue in world football.

Thus expectations are increased inline, no one is expecting Barca but this is a sqaud that has (on paper) a wealth of talent including the bench and being loaned out.

We should be competing better that 4 wins in 17 games.

If the football under Claude is evolving then surely there should be an upturn in results as opposed to the opposite under half a season of his stewardship.

We got the money but not the fame nor the means to be a top club. Money isn't everything. We're nowhere near to be one right now. We're in transition, just at the beginning of a very difficult way with no guarantee at the end. Unless you can think in terms of years, there is no point to go any further and you're bound to be disappointed.

You can't keep on sacking managers after a couple of months. It proves that you have no vision, no plan. You won't attract any good player or manager, keep losing your best one and just bought yourself a one way ticket to relegation.

Little point sacking him now, I would wait till the end of the season, I am hoping the Thais are making the phone calls to whoever they deem to be his replacement because let’s be honest we should be doing better, even if it’s marginally better I would take that. He’s average our Claude thank him for keeping us up but not the right man to take our club to Europe, imo.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

His post match interview was hilarious. Said we played well and then had to use a translator for one of the questions yet he’s managed in this country for nearly two years.

I struggle to see how he can motivate these players and his days are numbered. Nothing against him, it just clearly doesn’t look like it will work.

I've come to terms with the fact that he'll be manager next season so am interested as to what he'll bring in but I can't see him being here next Christmas to be honest. It'll end up another wasted window. 

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've been trying to defend Puel and have tried to make a case for giving him the summer and some time after that. Games like that make me look stupid.

Our home form is an absolute disgrace. It's not just that we've not won at home in three months, it's that in that time we have literally only played against sides below us. Not one good side has come here in that period and all bar none have taken something.

Appalling.

Correct. And how many times have we actually tested the keeper in all those games? That's the most appalling bit for me. There's so little to get the crowd going. It's just so bloody DULL.