Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Puel, needs something more than what he is offering. He's a nice guy but not for our club. So at the end of the season he will be going, and we need a manager like a Wagner or Eddie Howe, someone with a bit of passion and a purpose to re-energise the team. 

Have you watched Huddersfield and Bournemouth try and pass teams to death? I hope the owners have enough guts to give the guy until Xmas to see how the team evolves. . unless they can get someone of the calibre of Benitez in then I don’t see the point in churning over another manager. 

• Like 1

Just now, peterborofox said:

What with 2 mins left on the clock??

Totally agree we should be playing them. Being em on after 60/70 mins not in injury time

Pointless

Ah you were taking issue with wasting the injury time. Silva looked like he sprinted off, Gray took an absolute age.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Southampton didn’t come to win the game and we couldn’t break them down. Simple as that. 

Vardy will be a year older next season and it's extremely unlikely Mahrez will be with us.  We need a really good transfer window in the summer or that could become the norm.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We lacked a little intensity which is understandable given there is nothing to play for and a few players will have noticed kasper pick up a knock which puts  his World Cup campaign in jeopardy. 

How good were we last season once safe? 

and Mahrez could miss the 2022 world cup

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kasey Keller said:

I think he’s clueless.

See his record when it comes to signings and the youngster he brought in january. 

I might understand people finding his football boring, but slagging him off for the transfers he still didn't make and knowing his history is taking the piss.

• Like 1

Biggest problem today was the passing around the edge of the box. Ndidi particularly was guilty of it. It’s no good playing “accurate” passes if the player receiving the ball has to either stop dead or take a backwards step to play the ball.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

See his record when it comes to signings and the youngster he brought in january. 

I might understand people finding his football boring, but slagging him off for the transfers he still didn't make and knowing his history is taking the piss.

He brought a youngster in January that his son recommended cos he played alongside him, slightly fortunate to say the least 

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Which is what hardly anyone is saying and/or criticizing about Puel.

Seems to me you're trying to make up your own news lately.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I only caught the last 25 and during that period thought we looked quite good and unfortunate not to score. But the boos tell their own story. We take too many touches in the final third and are too slow to move it - the same criticism I’ve had for the last 10 games if not more. 

That said at the end of the match we had a ton of young players on and Southampton did **** all despite being in deep trouble. 

But Puel desperately needs a win. Sadly I think he’ll go - the crowd is clearly fed up. 

There are indeed good chances that he's gone at the end of the season. I feel that it was the game he must have won.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Which is what hardly anyone is saying and/or criticizing about Puel.

Seems to me you're trying to make up your own news lately.

"I wouldn't trust him with the transfer kitty"

I read it right

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He brought a youngster in January that his son recommended cos he played alongside him, slightly fortunate to say the least 

I'll give you that this game was pretty shit and he might have lost his job tonight but don't come at me with half-knowledge.

Edited by ZeGuy

5 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Vardy will be a year older next season and it's extremely unlikely Mahrez will be with us.  We need a really good transfer window in the summer or that could become the norm.

We need to get new players in. The core of this squad has been together for over 5 years. Everything has an expiry date and this squad needs an overhaul and we are in a process of transition. We are struggling because we had 2 poor transfer windows and didn’t bring in quality to take the club forwards. 

Sacking the manager will do nothing, we’ve only got 2 centre backs that are good enough (and 1 is on loan!), we haven’t got a right back good enough. We’ve only got 1 left back as Fuchs’s legs have gone and will be off in the summer. As Leicester fans we need to trust the process. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

Well if there was anybody still harbouring hopes about Europa League next year... If we finish above Everton and Newcastle I'll consider us lucky

Sorry to be gloomy but we should be beating them at home there's no excuse. They were playing makeshift Championship quality defence (Bednarek's 2nd or 3rd full game) and we just seem to be regressing since Puel's win at St Marys. I have no optimism whatsoever before the summer and next season, hope I'm wrong about Puel and he'll make us great next season (top 7 would be fantastic). I just can't see it. I'm worried we're going to struggle next season without Mahrez and with Puel trying to put square pegs into round holes.