Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 0- Soton 0 post match thread.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Btw, I don’t see us guilty of just lumping crosses into the box. If anything we are guilty of going round the houses to create a better crossing opportunity. 

The problem is the slow build up. We had good pacey attacking players on the pitch, but they took the ball forward so slowly that once again it was battering against a completely organised defence. 

Sometimes an opportunistic good pass, while the defence is upfield beats a meticulously executed perfect pass a couple of minutes later. All to often we are doing neither. 

• Thanks 1

I've been trying to defend Puel and have tried to make a case for giving him the summer and some time after that. Games like that make me look stupid.

Our home form is an absolute disgrace. It's not just that we've not won at home in three months, it's that in that time we have literally only played against sides below us. Not one good side has come here in that period and all bar none have taken something.

Appalling.

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sorry who said anything about becoming Barca overnight, surely that expectation would be from fans over the last 3 years???

The majority that have followed the club for a long time can see the club are on the best financial footing ever, and last season had the 14th largest revenue in world football.

Thus expectations are increased inline, no one is expecting Barca but this is a sqaud that has (on paper) a wealth of talent including the bench and being loaned out.

We should be competing better that 4 wins in 17 games.

If the football under Claude is evolving then surely there should be an upturn in results as opposed to the opposite under half a season of his stewardship.

Thank you for articulating my thoughts exactly. I'm sick to death of people saying we expect too much cos we won the league. That's just horse shit, like you say we are one of the richest clubs and we do have a very talented squad (although recently they haven't shown it) so it shouldn't be too much for us to expect them to beat the likes of Southampton, Stoke, Bournemouth,WBA, palace etc at home. We can accept the odd blip but our form since we beat Southampton away has been woeful. Also, we can accept drawing games against these teams if we play well and are unlucky, and to be fair we played ok today just lacked cutting edge as usual, but some of the performaces this season have been truly horrendous. With our money and our squad we should have been fighting for 6th this season and now we'll be lucky to make top 10. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'm not on fire. Just fed up with some deluded people here and their toxic mindset, thinking we became Barca overnight. They seem to be happy every time we fall flat so they can rant to no end about a manager they never liked from the beginning, about whom they know shit, givng you some "told ya so" BS.

I strongly disagree with you about Puel but still respect your point of view. Your posts are balanced and worth a read. You're not the only one here thank god. But the "muh booooooooooring" crap I can't stand. I should simply ignore it but I just can't.

Again, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. You're talking as if you're possessed with this notion that everyone out there is having an agenda against yours, trying to prove a point when you're battling windmills like Don Quixote.

No sane Leicester City FC fan would even go near thinking we'll turn into a sexy possession-based football team in a short amount of time.

But at least give it a go on a more regular basis, from the start (like today).

Personally, I think most fans were underwhelmed with his appointment, but willing to give him time.

Go back, browse the threads from the October period and see for yourself how many fans were really "hating" Puel back then. He came to this club with a certain reputation following his time at Southampton, and it appears it's found its natural continuation. It's a bit like Groundhog Day with Claude right now.

Fact is, our football on show has been mostly turgid in the past five months, results speak against Puel, players perform as if they couldn't care less (for about one half per match, usually when we go behind).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don't know, Newcastle and Everton still play each other, and then Newcastle plays both Spurs and Chelsea (with WBA and Watford in the middle). Everton have a much nice line of games though. If we're not careful we could easily drop below them.

Newcastle are only 3 points behind us and they are on a great run While we are having a shocker. If Newcastle win 2 of their remaining games, they will finish above us

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Newcastle are only 3 points behind us and they are on a great run While we are having a shocker. If Newcastle win 2 of their remaining games, they will finish above us

Form definitely isn't on our side, that's for sure.

Just now, alanf0x said:

Not at all, he gets himself into so much open space and delivers pin point balls!! Will be a pleasure to watch him in 5 years time when he has developed into a top pro. 

I was thinking the same, it will be lovely watching him and Lloyd dyer on the left for Burton

9 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Our play is so slow and ponderous we have no choice but to go down the sides and put aimless crosses in to just one man in the box who is 5ft 9.

i don’t think we will win again this season. 

Good of news is that the owners will not keep him if that’s the case. IMO 

I seen a stat on Twitter that since the beginning of February we average more crosses into the box a game then we did from August to February 

Lack of tempo, as normal no creativity in central area, resulting in the standard game plan of throwing crosses and corners in a box with generally only Vardy  in the box.

5 home game without a win, only scoring 4 goals in during that time and 4 wins in 17 overall.

No problem with us finishing anywhere in the top 10, but I expected to have some excitement!

Dull and boring ..........