Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

34 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Where's the leadership? If the players believed in Puel there wouldn't be any talk of player power. Nige had us bottom of the league for 6 months but the players still believed in him. If your boss is a knobhead, in whatever profession, then obviously you're not going to respect him.

It's what i've been saying for a while now whenever someone mention's player power.

If there is this player power then where is the leadership, the discipline, for those sticking up for Puel blaming player power ask the yourselves about those points, ask yourself about his man management, his qualities - If you believe there is player power then you're giving arguments against Puel, you're feeding this notion that he is failing.

He is arguably allowing player power win (If there is indeed any).

I'm yet to have anyone answer or even acknowledge these points I make.

I do believe the players aren't motivated by him, don't like/can't work under him and are bored under him like some fans but i'm not sure there is player power as such, he keeps picked them, he only rested Morgan last night apparently so i'm expecting him back in the next game, it remains to be seen but if that happens how can that be justified? And how does a player power accusation stand up in that argument?

I think these players respect discipline, being worked hard, the article the other week (Which may or may not be true - there were not direct quotes, just rumours) claimed they weren't keen on the tempo and intensity of training and approach on the training ground.

Nige backed his players to the hilt, sometimes making an arse of himself to protect them, it's often said he was a different man away from the media but i'm fairly sure he demanded alot, worked them hard and kept a tight ship regards discipline on the training ground but there was always a mutual respect and that was clear to see, you can't argue against it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Where's the leadership? If the players believed in Puel there wouldn't be any talk of player power. Nige had us bottom of the league for 6 months but the players still believed in him. If your boss is a knobhead, in whatever profession, then obviously you're not going to respect him.

Under Nige their place was safe mind, Claude loaned out Andy King (big in the dressing room) and there's little future for Simpson and Morgan. Puel threatens the status quo for them, not surprising they might be more willing to undermine someone to protect their job. 

Speaking of King actually, i wonder how much of the downturn in results is due to him not being around the club. 

Still In. Results have been frustrating at best, but I can see a clear plan for the future and the stats show we're not getting the results we should be at the moment, which should improve by default. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's what i've been saying for a while now whenever someone mention's player power.

If there is this player power then where is the leadership, the discipline, for those sticking up for Puel blaming player power ask the yourselves about those points, ask yourself about his man management, his qualities - If you believe their is player power then you're giving arguments against Puel, you're feeding this notion that he is failing.

I think these players respect discipline, being worked hard, the article the other week (Which may or may not be true - there were not direct quotes, just rumours) claimed they weren't keen on the tempo and intensity of training and approach on the training ground.

Nige backed his players to the hilt, sometimes making an arse of himself to protect them, it's often said he was a different man away from the media but i'm fairly sure he demanded alot, worked them hard and kept a tight ship regards discipline on the training ground but there was always a mutual respect and that was clear to see, you can't argue against it.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

If this doesn’t wake people up then I will blame all of the 70% if we get relegated! lol

Some of the football we played in the first half was decent.  It's a shame that we don't possess someone with that little bit extra (well you could argue we do with Mahrez, but he's been on the beach since January) who can unlock the defence with something special. 

All the top sides have someone.  We did, but we don't anymore.

That's the difference.

Sick and tired of these really dumb polls!!

Everybody seems to have their reason to get rid....

Thankfully only 1-2 people count.

They are our top owners.

I am fed up and frustrated how,the players have approached the game,managers tactics

Dont and never have,influenced basic ball control,simple ball Holding tactics,and Passing to

a teammate. Yes I would rather drop 10 players Form this squad,whos attitude and attitude on

gameday has Been,putting it bluntly..pathetic and taking the piss out of the fans.

They has players have no defence. Effort commitment on any of the 10 last games has Bern

Shambolic,not in results,but their Individual performances..

Mahrez..world Class!! Dont make me laugh..Anything he has to do for a Team,with his

technic and lack of skill has nothing to do with Puel's tactics.

An inept midfield,and Ndidi playing Flipper,aint cutting it..

Like Ranieris 2nd season ,Puel is gobsmacked,by lack of intuition and gameday 

Lack of discipline...so am I. 

You have to want!! Before you can play to any manager,this group has much has it hurts

to say,just lost it after the title.

3 would be saviours havent clicked..Gray,Nacho and now Silva.That said they could have a

Good next season, this is the PL AVG ,performances,across the pitch doesnt cut it.

Vardy, might Miss chances,but he is still clever and has the attitude.

ditto, Maguire,Drago ,even Chils who needs experience around him who can deliver.

At least, he puts an effort in.

Many out of desperation want Ndidi,to be the no1 midfielder,since Xmas hes gone right

off form,but also he needs a play Maker Next to him..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, southfox66 said:

If Puel had any logic he would have allowed us to play to our best style get Europa spot, then start his system when season ended and get the players that fit that system, but to try it mid season is very poor management and to say we played ok in last five home matches is complete blindness and a man in denial. 

We were playing to our “best style” when we finished 12th last season and were 18th when Shakespeare left.

Absolutely no chance we’d have even been in with a sniff of Europa League had we carried on with the “best style”.  We wouldn’t even have been talking about Europa League had it not been for the start he made, just look at the “am I mad for thinking we’ll finish 8th” thread where everybody laughed at the OP.

Puel is trying to totally revolutionise the playing style of the entire football club. This does not happen overnight, it’s never happened overnight anywhere. That he’s managed to implement some level of transition without us ever having even flirted with the relegation zone is to his credit. Realistically our most optimistic fans would have been pleased with 7th when he took over and there’s every chance we will miss that by one place. Is that really a good case for changing the manager?

The last five home games have produced a collection of desperately poor results but on the balance of play we really ought to be sat on 4-8 more points from those fixtures in which case we’d still be looking at a promising end to the season. These things happen in football - it’s not cost us anything significant. 

People are absolutely within their rights to criticise the style of play and what we’ve become and argue that we’re being led by the wrong man (although critique of his personality is absolutely crackers, Ian Holloway had a good personality it didn’t make him a good football manager). I think he’s made some big mistakes, notably persevering with Morgan and Simpson and (though I was certainly in the minority at the time) loaning out Slimani. But as far as I’m concerned he’s put us on the right path. For that alone I’m willing to give him next season.

Stylistically were in a really difficult spot. You only need to look at Burnley’s success this season (and indeed ours from November 2015-April 2016) to see how difficult it is to score against a deep set defence. Because of our almost unique threat behind the defensive line literally every single team we play outside the top 6 sets up with a deep lying back 4 and an aggressive press on our midfield. Look at Southampton yesterday - set up looking to contain our threat behind first and foremost despite the fact that they desperately needed a win. Man City aside every team in the league struggles to break this down;we’re not unique in that sense. Yes, it’s Puel’s job to work it out but far more celebrated minds with far better players have struggled to figure it out elsewhere. 

Whatever happens now the board need to be decisive. My preference is that they back Puel in the transfer market, bring in 3-5 new players to support the style he wants to play and give him at least until Christmas to get us in the top half and playing good football. But if they don’t do that they need to be looking for a new manager now and have them ready to come in at the start of June with a clear plan as to how they evolve this team.

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sick and tired of these really dumb polls!!

Everybody seems to have their reason to get rid....

Thankfully only 1-2 people count.

They are our top owners.

I am fed up and frustrated how,the players have approached the game,managers tactics

Dont and never have,influenced basic ball control,simple ball Holding tactics,and Passing to

a teammate. Yes I would rather drop 10 players Form this squad,whos attitude and attitude on

gameday has Been,putting it bluntly..pathetic and taking the piss out of the fans.

They has players have no defence. Effort commitment on any of the 10 last games has Bern

Shambolic,not in results,but their Individual performances..

Mahrez..world Class!! Dont make me laugh..Anything he has to do for a Team,with his

technic and lack of skill has nothing to do with Puel's tactics.

An inept midfield,and Ndidi playing Flipper,aint cutting it..

Like Ranieris 2nd season ,Puel is gobsmacked,by lack of intuition and gameday 

Lack of discipline...so am I. 

You have to want!! Before you can play to any manager,this group has much has it hurts

to say,just lost it after the title.

3 would be saviours havent clicked..Gray,Nacho and now Silva.That said they could have a

Good next season, this is the PL AVG ,performances,across the pitch doesnt cut it.

Vardy, might Miss chances,but he is still clever and has the attitude.

ditto, Maguire,Drago ,even Chils who needs experience around him who can deliver.

At least, he puts an effort in.

Many out of desperation want Ndidi,to be the no1 midfielder,since Xmas hes gone right

off form,but also he needs a play Maker Next to him..

Bern Shambolic is that young Croatian defender we've been tracking, right?

• Haha 1

Player power is a cheap argument to put up, You'll always get strong minded players at any club with a point to make. Managers need leaders to help win games and you ignore the Steve Walsh, Gerry Taggart and Ali Mauchlen's of the world at your peril. It's not player power, it's common sense to keep these players onside.     

Edited by l444ry

28 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We were playing to our “best style” when we finished 12th last season and were 18th when Shakespeare left.

Absolutely no chance we’d have even been in with a sniff of Europa League had we carried on with the “best style”.  We wouldn’t even have been talking about Europa League had it not been for the start he made, just look at the “am I mad for thinking we’ll finish 8th” thread where everybody laughed at the OP.

Puel is trying to totally revolutionise the playing style of the entire football club. This does not happen overnight, it’s never happened overnight anywhere. That he’s managed to implement some level of transition without us ever having even flirted with the relegation zone is to his credit. Realistically our most optimistic fans would have been pleased with 7th when he took over and there’s every chance we will miss that by one place. Is that really a good case for changing the manager?

The last five home games have produced a collection of desperately poor results but on the balance of play we really ought to be sat on 4-8 more points from those fixtures in which case we’d still be looking at a promising end to the season. These things happen in football - it’s not cost us anything significant. 

People are absolutely within their rights to criticise the style of play and what we’ve become and argue that we’re being led by the wrong man (although critique of his personality is absolutely crackers, Ian Holloway had a good personality it didn’t make him a good football manager). I think he’s made some big mistakes, notably persevering with Morgan and Simpson and (though I was certainly in the minority at the time) loaning out Slimani. But as far as I’m concerned he’s put us on the right path. For that alone I’m willing to give him next season.

Stylistically were in a really difficult spot. You only need to look at Burnley’s success this season (and indeed ours from November 2015-April 2016) to see how difficult it is to score against a deep set defence. Because of our almost unique threat behind the defensive line literally every single team we play outside the top 6 sets up with a deep lying back 4 and an aggressive press on our midfield. Look at Southampton yesterday - set up looking to contain our threat behind first and foremost despite the fact that they desperately needed a win. Man City aside every team in the league struggles to break this down;we’re not unique in that sense. Yes, it’s Puel’s job to work it out but far more celebrated minds with far better players have struggled to figure it out elsewhere. 

Whatever happens now the board need to be decisive. My preference is that they back Puel in the transfer market, bring in 3-5 new players to support the style he wants to play and give him at least until Christmas to get us in the top half and playing good football. But if they don’t do that they need to be looking for a new manager now and have them ready to come in at the start of June with a clear plan as to how they evolve this team.

What gives you confidence that we can recruit five good players in one window? My count is two good players in 14 signings since winning the league.

Can you name a club who have successfully integrated 5 players in one window?

Can you name a club who has successfully transformed their style?

Can you name a club with our budget who play possession football and beat the big budget clubs?

Can little old Leicester attract the type of ball playing footballers we need to implement this new style?

I think gambling on all of the above is a huge, huge risk. 

Edited by Steve Agnew
  • Like 1

The "For Fox Sake" podcast just released a new episode on the Southampton match, and I think they encapsulated my feelings on the match pretty well. We simply can't finish, but to piss on the rest of the match is an error.

Edited by UPinCarolina

Out. I think we could do worse, but we could do much better. Doesn't strike me as someone who has much authority or any particularly good ideas. Think he will be gone as the owners want us in the top 5 and I can't see that happening with Puel, even if he had another 4 transfer windows

6 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

The "For Fox Sake" podcast just released a new episode on the Southampton match, and I think they encapsulated my feelings on the match pretty well. We simply can't finish, but to piss on the rest of the match is an error.

Were you actually at the game or are you commenting from a stream? Not being judgemental but these are two different things. 

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Out. I think we could do worse, but we could do much better. Doesn't strike me as someone who has much authority or any particularly good ideas. Think he will be gone as the owners want us in the top 5 and I can't see that happening with Puel, even if he had another 4 transfer windows

rubbish.  Owners have no intention of sacking Puel,  He will be given the Summer transfer window to bring in who he wants.  A change of style in the way we play will not happen overnight.  Give the man time have patience it will come good in the end.

I'm still behind him, results haven't been good enough recently but I want to see what he can do with a summer window and a full pre-season. We need a bit of a clear out here and dropping Wes and Simpson last night was a big, brave call for me and one that needed making (you could argue that he persisted with both for too long, of course).

He has an eye on youth which is refreshing and I think his record in management is good enough for us to trust him to identify what we need to improve on in the market. I desperately don't want to become another club on the Proper Football Man merry go round signing Jake Livermore and Ryan Shawcross with a squad average age of 33.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Were you actually at the game or are you commenting from a stream? Not being judgemental but these are two different things. 

So true this I think it gives you a different perspective when you’ve gone to last 5 home games and shelled out £200 to watch shite. Not a season ticket holder but feeling very disconnected when going to games lately.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 1

It's no where near the worst I've seen us play in 30 years and I'm still coming to terms with best. I don't vote in these things but I do feel a win changes everything. I'm a bit worried though, a relegation dog fight next season will finish me off.

Stick or twist? I'll stick.