Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

**New** Puel In or Out - A simple Poll Mk 2

Puel In or Out? MK2  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

So far a lot of the pro Puel argument is:

if we had had better players we’d be better. 

Its supposed to be bad bad right now because he’s making us better

it is getting better it’s just you can’t see it at the minute

the players do understand what to do they just can’t do it so bin the players

the players don’t know what he wants them to do so bin the players for not knowing 

• Haha 1

I think a lot of folks going on about Puel's vision would have a lot of trouble articulating it beyond "more possession, attacking full backs, let young players play." His supporters also need to be honest that they're taking a big leap of faith expecting a grand rebuild of the club under Puel.

At the end of the day, we've got to win games and we're not.

The Puel Out folks have to weigh his sacking with realistic replacements and how that will make the club look to potential candidates.

I don't know what the right move is right now.

Whether you're "In" or "Out", it's clear that all is not well at Belvoir Drive and Filbert Way. If Puel can't win the players over, he's going to have a lot of trouble winning over the fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Regrettably I don't really want him here anymore. I still think the bigger issue is the large number of average to dogshit footballers in our squad, but a manager who actively coaches the team to avoid scoring goals will never be successful in football in this country.

Rudkin also really needs binning. We will never make sustainable progress as a club whilst he is sitting comfortably.

If Puel goes, I see no way he can possibly stay on, and I've said this a few times now.

1 minute ago, fleckneymike said:

So far a lot of the pro Puel argument is:

if we had had better players we’d be better. 

Its supposed to be bad bad right now because he’s making us better

it is getting better it’s just you can’t see it at the minute

the players do understand what to do they just can’t do it so bin the players

the players don’t know what he wants them to do so bin the players for not knowing 

We are on our third manager with roughly the same group of players - encountering the same problem of the players not being able to (or willing to) do what's asked of them. 

I'd say that was pointing towards a player issue rather than manager. 

15 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Well he has almost the exact same set of players as Shakespeare did, so expecting some crazy transformation before a proper transfer window is a bit crazy.

Sorry I’m confused.

Most people were glad to see the back of Shakespeare, who had no clue.

Yet the same results which I see as underperforming - forget about 8th position which is a red herring - from Puel with turgid boring football is to be forgiven, and he is deemed good enough?

He has had the best part of a season and we are regressing, since the 5 game new manager bounce.

I was hoping for better, and now hope we try and find that person in the close season.

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

I think a lot of folks going on about Puel's vision would have a lot of trouble articulating it beyond "more possession, attacking full backs, let young players play." His supporters also need to be honest that they're taking a big leap of faith expecting a grand rebuild of the club under Puel.

At the end of the day, we've got to win games and we're not.

The Puel Out folks have to weigh his sacking with realistic replacements and how that will make the club look to potential candidates.

I don't know what the right move is right now.

Whether you're "In" or "Out", it's clear that all is not well at Belvoir Drive and Filbert Way. If Puel can't win the players over, he's going to have a lot of trouble winning over the fans.

Very well said mate, do we hire someone in a job or someone who is a free agent, for me we need someone with experience of management in the premier league someone who has been there and done that, we could go for a young progressive manager, Howe, Dyche, Villas-Boas. Or someone with experience Rafa, or a left field option. But for me we need a step up on Puel, If the papers and ITKs were to be believed he wasn't the first choice anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Sorry I’m confused.

Most people were glad to see the back of Shakespeare, who had no clue.

Yet the same results which I see as underperforming - forget about 8th position which is a red herring - from Puel with turgid boring football is to be forgiven, and he is deemed good enough?

He has had the best part of a season and we are regressing, since the 5 game new manager bounce.

I was hoping for better, and now hope we try and find that person in the close season.

You're acting as if it's solely his decisions that have caused our dip in form. Is it a coincidence that since Mahrez's January fiasco that our form has dropped? I'd argue no. He's so important to our play (scoring or assisting ~45% of our goals before January), and the fact he's not scored or assisted in 7 games means we're effectively neutered. What do you want him to do? He needs a transfer window.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

can you not remember how we played when we were a relagation threatened side?

Better than we are now...:dunno:

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Puel goes, I see no way he can possibly stay on, and I've said this a few times now.

I said it when Shakespeare was sacked that it was pointless sacking the manager when the same people that are failing season after season above the first team manager are still employed by the club. (Obviously we were only going one way under Shakespeare, he was out of his depth, although I will stick up for him slightly by saying he had a tough start but the point remains)

In. 

This is the third time we've hit the same wall about form and things not going to plan; at what point do we point the finger at the players and not solely the coach. 

The guy needs time to implement what he wants them to do and how to play; for the first 30 last night we had glimpses of being brilliant. 

Chopping and changing continuously doesn't work in the majority of times. In the cases it has (Chelsea) its taken them billions to get there and they hit the same issue we do every few years.

Glad you've done this and pleased that it is currently about the same outcome as the first vote.

I think if you filter in there are a lot of fans on here that live too far away to watch regularly at the ground, then it is looking like the loud minority who want him out.

I think from the 30k who go to the ground wait would be even more of a minority.

Ps. Not getting into the plastic and who is a better supporter. I have my own views which I have seen voiced here leading to heated debate, which I really don't want to get into.

What I take from this makes me happy. Always of course open to interpretation and being skewed to mean whatever we want to mean, but I'm happy with my take on it.

Thanks all. Especially the in voters.

Edited by gw_leics772

Interesting to see the majority want him in. Our fanbase, at least those that post on here, is a lot better than most clubs.

I am in the 'Puel Out' camp, because I fundamentally don't rate him, but also respect those with patience who want to see the man given time to develop something here.

• Like 3

There's a distinction between wanting him 'in' and not sacking him. I'm less and less enamoured but sacking another manager is a bad idea for reasons I've got into enough times

Why can't I ****ing spell or type?

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

4 wins, 5 draws and 7 losses. in our last 16 league games says it all. That isn't much better than relegation form.

Would you be happy with 17 points from the first 48 next season. I bloody wouldn't.

• Like 1

Where's the leadership? If the players believed in Puel there wouldn't be any talk of player power. Nige had us bottom of the league for 6 months but the players still believed in him. If your boss is a knobhead, in whatever profession, then obviously you're not going to respect him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Out. I don't think he's that bad but I can see a scenario where we're looking for a new manager after a poor start so change in the summer and allow the next man to make the changes.

I don't believe this is as simple as changing the manager, the squad and attitude needs overhauling.

• Like 1

If he stays the best we can hope for is starting next season with 4 or 5 new faces in the line up.

If he goes maybe 2 or 3 new faces but a new manager to boot.

I really hope we get a kind fixture list. First 10 games of next season are massive.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Where's the leadership? If the players believed in Puel there wouldn't be any talk of player power. Nige had us bottom of the league for 6 months but the players still believed in him. If your boss is a knobhead, in whatever profession, then obviously you're not going to respect him.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Better than we are now...:dunno:

I said it when Shakespeare was sacked that it was pointless sacking the manager when the same people that are failing season after season above the first team manager are still employed by the club. (Obviously we were only going one way under Shakespeare, he was out of his depth, although I will stick up for him slightly by saying he had a tough start but the point remains)

I did as well, and there have been so many times where I've thought something needs to change behind the scenes at this club.

If Puel goes, so does Rudkin, and we identify someone with a track record of turning in consistent performance as a director of football.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Out. I don't think he's that bad but I can see a scenario where we're looking for a new manager after a poor start so change in the summer and allow the next man to make the changes.

I don't believe this is as simple as changing the manager, the squad and attitude needs overhauling.

This is spot on!