Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

By James Agberebi:
Nigeria may have been eliminated from the 2018 FIFA World Cup but Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has been rated as the player with the most tackles and interceptions so far at the competition.
This was confirmed by football facts and statistics website, whoscored.com on their verified Twitter handle.
According to whoscored.com, he has made 15 tackles and 12 interceptions more than any other player at the 2018 WorldCup so far.
Ndidi was in action for the Super Eagles who narrowly missed out of qualification for the round of 16 from Group D.
The Leicester City star played in all three Group D games of the Super Eagles at the tournament.

He seems to win that rating wherever he goes. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

He seems to win that rating wherever he goes. :D

Seems to be doing better than Kante on those measures, just needs to improve his passing, distribution and shooting.

• Like 1

Group games done. I've enjoyed it so far. It's had it's VAR problems but that was rather predictable.

Some big, big games to come starting with France v Argentina. Regardless of form, those are two footballing heavyweights.

I can't wait for the knockout games to begin.

No game tomorrow. Boooooooooooo

13 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Group games done. I've enjoyed it so far. It's had it's VAR problems but that was rather predictable.

Some big, big games to come starting with France v Argentina. Regardless of form, those are two footballing heavyweights.

I can't wait for the knockout games to begin.

No game tomorrow. Boooooooooooo

Shit, isn't it. 

18 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Now all African teams sent home packing after the group stages.

Indicative of African football on the whole?

Senegal and Nigeria standout performers, though.

I'd say Nigeria got a bit unlucky with the draw. There's much worse teams going through from other groups tbf. 

Swap them for Egypt and Russia are out in the group stages. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Now all African teams sent home packing after the group stages.

Indicative of African football on the whole?

Senegal and Nigeria standout performers, though.

Combination of bad luck and some of the teams that arrived are young and still developing. There is a lot of work that needs to be done in African football, but I am staying positive that things will improve.

It also doesn't help that this generation of African footballers don't have a superstar striker or goalkeeper in the top African nations. Players like Aubameyang and Salah play in teams that aren't as good as Senegal or Nigeria. Senegal with a  striker like Auba would win their group.

On 29/06/2018 at 13:06, Finnegan said:

I'd say Nigeria got a bit unlucky with the draw. There's much worse teams going through from other groups tbf. 

Swap them for Egypt and Russia are out in the group stages. 

Morocco probably the "unluckiest*" side this World Cup in all, maybe Peru pushing them close. They were so good at everything, they just couldn't ****ing finish.

*I say unlucky, if you don't finish, you tend to get what you're given. They were good value though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Morocco probably the "unluckiest*" side this World Cup in all, maybe Peru pushing them close. They were so good at everything, they just couldn't ****ing finish.

*I say unlucky, if you don't finish, you tend to get what you're given. They were good value though.

But Nigeria were actually scoring goals and doing alright in all phases of play with a reasonably balanced squad. 

Where as those two had **** all strikers and flattered to deceive. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

But Nigeria were actually scoring goals and doing alright in all phases of play with a reasonably balanced squad. 

Where as those two had **** all strikers and flattered to deceive. 

harsh on peru, their main striker and national hero hadn’t played for time, had he? same with egypt tbf, a fully firing salah would’ve seen them be a bit more dangerous. 

morocco probably don’t have an excuse but bloody hell they were great at everything except scoring lol