Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

Man of the match again for me last night. Two in a row. I think he is going to be a superstar and probably end up Liverpool and England Captain.

My favourite moment of the match from him last night was when Mahrez dribbled too much and lost the ball giving Arsenal a breakaway. The big guys were already up and Hamza was left with the ball carrier and another Arsenal player forward to his left. A 2 on 1 and things looked bad. He didn't jump in he back pedaled and slowed the attack down forcing the ball carrier to male a decision instead of making it for him. Hamza then moved in to close down the space for the open forward whilst keeping the ball carrrier in front of him. In the end the ball carrier passed the ball to an advancing arsenal player on his right but by this time a couple of Leicester defenders had also got back and the attack came to nothing.

There was no tackle, no interception by Hamza, so the stats showed nothing but he had successfully snuffed out a dangerous attack on his own. Sheer class.

His defensive capability added to his incredible motor and his ability to see and make the long pass forward (was it he who set up Mahrez?) are amazing. I think he's going to be a modern day Paul Ince crossed with Roy Keane.

I really hope we go with a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Hamza and Silva next season behind Vardy and Iheanacho with Diabaté moving from left to right to exploit weaknesses in the opposition.

Nothing better than an academy product impressing in the team. He has done a lot better than I thought he would considering our injuries, form and playing to get Puel out. 

Hope our next manager gives him a chance. He can become very very good. There are too many managers that just ignore anyone young. Plus it is a good incentive to join our academy if they see Barnes, Chilwell and Choudhury getting first team chances.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Given how much he's improved whilst in the squad, I don't know why anyone would want to loan him out at this point. 

because if everyone's fit here he won't play and needs games

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I think you might be getting a little carried away

Me?

I thought we'd finish 8th this season.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

CMs of Iborra, Silva, Ndidi and Choudhury + Attacking CM would be enough next season IMO.

Choudhury is only going to improve confidence wise with his passing, the Mahrez ball yesterday is evident that he has the ability.

I wonder what odds you can get for him playing for England? at U21s he could be brilliant.

Unless, he doesn't want to play for England?

Doubt he'll want to play for Bangladesh. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

because if everyone's fit here he won't play and needs games

I can see Puel frequently bringing him off the bench if Puel is the manager. Can also see him continue to start him if Ndidi is injured or suspended. 

On last night's showing (if he can keep it up) he's a better option for the "running around tackling people" role than Silva or Iborra. 

If you split our midfield in to that role and the "getting a bit more forward and passing it" then you've basically got our two Iberians in that bracket and Hamza and Wilf in the other. 

If we went in to next season with those four as our midfield options, I probably wouldn't be gutted tbf. 

We certainly have more pressing priorities for transfers. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

If Choudhury is going to get lots of game time keep him here but I 'd rather he was out playing every week than not like Harvey Barnes after his recall

On current form I think he would get a decent number of games. Starting cup games and on the bench for league games for me. An option to allow Ndidi some rest and / or coming on to help see our games. 

I wouldn’t call him a revelation but he’s surpassed expectations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Man of the match again for me last night. Two in a row. I think he is going to be a superstar and probably end up Liverpool and England Captain.

My favourite moment of the match from him last night was when Mahrez dribbled too much and lost the ball giving Arsenal a breakaway. The big guys were already up and Hamza was left with the ball carrier and another Arsenal player forward to his left. A 2 on 1 and things looked bad. He didn't jump in he back pedaled and slowed the attack down forcing the ball carrier to male a decision instead of making it for him. Hamza then moved in to close down the space for the open forward whilst keeping the ball carrrier in front of him. In the end the ball carrier passed the ball to an advancing arsenal player on his right but by this time a couple of Leicester defenders had also got back and the attack came to nothing.

There was no tackle, no interception by Hamza, so the stats showed nothing but he had successfully snuffed out a dangerous attack on his own. Sheer class.

His defensive capability added to his incredible motor and his ability to see and make the long pass forward (was it he who set up Mahrez?) are amazing. I think he's going to be a modern day Paul Ince crossed with Roy Keane.

I really hope we go with a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Hamza and Silva next season behind Vardy and Iheanacho with Diabaté moving from left to right to exploit weaknesses in the opposition.

Are you his agent? 

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Given how much he's improved whilst in the squad, I don't know why anyone would want to loan him out at this point. 

I find it such a strange default answer to everything. Why on earth loan him back to the Championship? If there was a PL club interested who wanted to give him time I could understand it but I don't get why we'd send him back down there.

If him and Diabate ever truly come good for us in the long-run then Puel deserves some credit.

Because he’s played 33 senior games and needs to play week in week out to develop properly I’d rather Hamza was playing and getting better than stagnating 

Edited by Jimmy

57 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Because he’s played 33 senior games and needs to play week in week out to develop properly I’d rather Hamza was playing and getting better than stagnating 

He's developing fine here at the moment. 

In his few performances at this level he seems to have improved beyond anything he performed at below - which involved being dropped at Burton in the Championship. If anything he stagnated there. 

Keep him around the first team squad in training and in the match day squad and he'll be fine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig said:

He's developing fine here at the moment. 

In his few performances at this level he seems to have improved beyond anything he performed at below - which involved being dropped at Burton in the Championship. If anything he stagnated there. 

Keep him around the first team squad in training and in the match day squad and he'll be fine. 

This attitude (not just you but Brit’s in general) holds back English players got and look at the average spanish, French or German player of hamza’s age Number of games played, it dwarfs English players numbers.

its a big reason why we are so far behind, if we are going to play him than yes keep him here if not he needs to play first team football

Edited by Jimmy

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This attitude (not just you but Brit’s in general) holds back English players got and look at the average spanish, French or German player of hamza’s age Number of games played, it dwarfs English players numbers.

its a big reason why we are so far behind, if we are going to play him than yes keep him here if not he needs to play first team football

I'm sorry mate but you're having a mare here and seem to be arguing for the sakes of it. 

Like Craig had said, this run in the side under Puel has done more for his development than two years at Burton. He's improved no end. 

He's also not likely to fall that far down the pecking order as long as Puel is the manager. It's going to be much better for Hamza and English football if he's here growing as part of the first team squad than out on loan. 

I like the loan system and I agree with you on Harvey Barnes but Choudhury has evolved beyond that really. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry mate but you're having a mare here and seem to be arguing for the sakes of it. 

Like Craig had said, this run in the side under Puel has done more for his development than two years at Burton. He's improved no end. 

He's also not likely to fall that far down the pecking order as long as Puel is the manager. It's going to be much better for Hamza and English football if he's here growing as part of the first team squad than out on loan. 

I like the loan system and I agree with you on Harvey Barnes but Choudhury has evolved beyond that really. 

The quality of player he's playing with and against here has no doubtedly improved him. Loans are always hit and miss; see Lingard at us and he was bollocks, he went to Brum and was brilliant. 

As well i think the fact he's always aimed of playing for us since being in the academy will have helped

Edited by UniFox21

On 10/05/2018 at 04:55, foxes21 said:

Tonight was his best performance for us imo. I’d be interested to know how many tackles/interceptions he got and how many forward passes he made, the stats must be quite high. 

My favourite part of his performance was his positioning. He showed intelligence by getting into the right positions ready to stop the opposition. His positioning is similar to Iborra’s, but Choudhury on top of good positioning has the athleticism to take the ball from the opposition. 

Agree. I like how you recognise Iborra’s greatness in positioning but Choudhury is also good in this regard. Plus he can pass. Definitely a better defensive midfielder to have than Wilf who cannot pass or dribble.

• Like 1

Just think what a player he will become after a run of games under his belt. The fact that in a very short space of time he's developed leaps and bounds.

The qualities highlighted are innate in Hamza and will be fine tuned with time. 

I was surprised how much ground he covered similar and he of course he loves a tackle and also very viscous which i love.

Could be a very very good player if he improves his positioning etc.

P.s remember when the likes of Barcelona apparently were looking a him. lol 

Edited by les-tah

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This attitude?

You literally complained about Barnes being loaned out earlier this season...

He's physically already capable to play premier league football, he just needs the experience.

We are the only team who can give him that experience unless a newly promoted team wants him on loan and start him 20+ games, which is unlikely.