Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

I've so far been unconvinced but it's very early days for him and it isn't easy. I think games have passed him by a little.

But tonight he was exceptional. For the first time I thought he might have a real future in our side.

Did okay for me, but still needs to improve. A loan somewhere will do him the world of good. Sometimes he got caught ball watching and wasn't always aware of his surroundings. He lost the runner from midfield on more than one occasion and looked out of position as well a few times. Definitely improved as the game went on. Just lacked the experience in positioning that someone like Iborra or N'didi has. 

Overall, not bad but not exciting me too much...yet

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Did okay for me, but still needs to improve. A loan somewhere will do him the world of good. Sometimes he got caught ball watching and wasn't always aware of his surroundings. He lost the runner from midfield on more than one occasion and looked out of position as well a few times. Definitely improved as the game went on. Just lacked the experience in positioning that someone like Iborra or N'didi has. 

He was on loan at Burton and hated it, he just wants to play for Leicester 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

He was on loan at Burton and hated it, he just wants to play for Leicester 

I think I would hate to spend any amount of time in Burton! I was thinking more high end championship team (not derby...derby can swizzle)

8 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Credit to puel any other manager and he wouldn't have got a look in this season. 

.... His inclusion was borne out of necessity! 

We are decimated in midfield, no other option but to bring an U23 into the team, you may have noticed that Harry Maguire has also been drafted into the midfield rode. 

He was incredible last night! Broke up play with quite some style and played those quick killer passes that we've so been missing since Drinky and Kante left. 

I think he has amazing potential! Not quite quality enough yet to be a first team regular. But if he can play like that every week then he will be giving Silva and Iborra a run for their money for the space alongside N'Didi.   

He was much braver with his passing last night which has been missing thus far. A strange game for him given the attitude of the opposition and the fact they were a man light. The early stages of the game, we were passed around quite a bit.

Still v promising for a youngster - let’s see how he gets on in the wide open spaces of Wembley, especially if silva continues to play too far forward to be his fellow CDM 

54 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Not looking to put a deliberate downer on the praise as generally its well deserved, but agree with the points about occasionally losing runners and I'd add to it that he dived in on at least half a dozen occasions, missing the ball and was easily by passed in the middle of the park. It was good experience for him though and a promising overall performance. . 

To be a regular 7th... we need a balance between young players breaking thru and the bringing in of proven quality olayers.

Choudrey and Diabate look very encouraging along side young players like chilwell and ndidi.  

Nb. We need to do better with our hires... no one with a poor first touch should be brought in... as thus is what gives you time in the pl.

These young players now need to kick on... if they put the work in to each aspect if their games they can be great.

Imo.. chillwell needs to look at what fuch does.   While i worry that gray is not pushing on with his game.    I dont know him so i dont know why... but it us a shame.

Choudrey is not out if his depth.. now his hard work must begin

I can see why Puel brought him on against Tottenham for his PL debut in the last 10 mins. We hardly were seeing the ball at all and holding on to a lead and Choudhury looked a good pick at that moment because he's obviously a good athlete with lots of energy and speed and a good player to have when you don't have the ball. I remember him making a 10 yard easy pass to Gray and he didn't put enough weight on it and I thought he was a good athlete but not a good footballer.

Last night was an excellent performance. I'm putting a lot of his previous football down to nerves as he was thrown in at the deep end. Last night he appeared to be a player who had settled into his environment and wasn't overawed.  He took some responsibility with the ball and made some good passes that weren't simple, there's definitely a good player in there that will only get better the more he's exposed to first team football.

CMs of Iborra, Silva, Ndidi and Choudhury + Attacking CM would be enough next season IMO.

Choudhury is only going to improve confidence wise with his passing, the Mahrez ball yesterday is evident that he has the ability.

I wonder what odds you can get for him playing for England? at U21s he could be brilliant.

Unless, he doesn't want to play for England?

Edited by lcfc sheff