Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Replaces Harvey Barnes for England U21's. Not once featured at international youth level, happy for him. Well done Hamza!

Replaces? Oh injury. Bugger.

Edited by Foxxed

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interview with the best affro in the Premier League! Go on my son!

Seems like a down to earth lad. Hopefully getting the chance last season will see him push on and fulfill his potential. 

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Honestly think he'd be wasted at right back and maybe even exposed. You need a [Liam Neeson] Specific Set of Skills [/Liam Neeson] to be a good wing back or full back. Being a ball winning midfielder takes, above all else, athleticism and a good motor. You can be effective at it and really just have the fitness, acceleration, agility and concentration to chase the ball all game. 

We know he can do that. Does he have the positional awareness, dribbling, crossing, etc to be a Premier league wing back? He's certainly never shown that. 

11 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Anyone think he might make a decent right back or right wing back in a 3 5 2

We've not paid £20+ million for Pereira for some kid way out of his depth to be played out of position in a new formation for us. If we go 3-5-2 it'll be Pereira or Albrighton surely.

• Like 2

Choudhury would be wasted as a right back. Sitting just in front of the defence (like against Arsenal where he had the best game in a City shirt I think) mopping up or stopping attacks is his position. Being that kind of shield and protection for the defence. 

• Like 3

I'm sure if he did change position, he d be coached in that role and would improve with experience. He's already a footballer it not like retraining to become a brain surgeon

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol

It's alright lads, I've solved the Mahrez problem. 

We're going to retrain Benalouane. 

I mean he's already a footballer how hard can it be!? 

That legit has to be 1 of the most moronic posts I've ever seen lol mind boggling stuff 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol

It's alright lads, I've solved the Mahrez problem. 

We're going to retrain Benalouane. 

I mean he's already a footballer how hard can it be!? 

Defensive midfielder to right back, it's not a massive change.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2018 at 10:31, StanSP said:

Choudhury would be wasted as a right back. Sitting just in front of the defence (like against Arsenal where he had the best game in a City shirt I think) mopping up or stopping attacks is his position. Being that kind of shield and protection for the defence. 

I think he adds genuine improvement to the squad. He excels as that midfield defensive shield as he's obviously a fantastic athlete with pace and tenacity. When he made his first couple of games in the first team I thought he looked a great player without the ball but not so great with it but after a few games to settle him in he's actually got the confidence to spray the ball about a bit and I underestimated him as a footballer. 

He'll be used often this year as a sub when we're protecting a lead or holding on to a difficult away point at an elite club.  What I like about him is that he's not just a good youth player but he actually adds value to the squad as there are some things he does better than anyone.

• Like 2