Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

18 hours ago, spacemunky said:

He's quickly become one of my favourite players. Really hope to see him play a lot more this season.

I'd already put him above Iborra tbh.

11 hours ago, toddybad said:

I'd already put him above Iborra tbh.

I wouldn't go that far tbh. Iborra wasn't what most of us expected but statistically he's been pretty solid. 

I think he has potential to be a top player for us that's for sure. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

Choudhury has surprised me, he's been given a real focus and confidence from Puel and it's bringing the best out of him. He's an unusual player and precisely the sort of player who can drop in when Maguire goes on those mazy runs. Sadly, we might be Maguire-less next season but Choudhury is probably 4th choice in midfield now and will get chances. It seems it's the less obvious youth players that are impressing Puel, Elder and Johnson seem to have caught Puel's eye over the likes of Hughes and Thomas.

• Like 2

I’m all for giving Silva a chance but if he doesn’t make an impact i’d play Choudhury alongside Ndidi. 

Yes its defensive but providing we sign a RW, we will need more ball winners in midfield when our attackers and full backs get forward. 

We don’t press aggressively enough off the ball either imo, so having two strong tacklers like Choudhury and Ndidi will help set the tempo. 

• Like 1

I like him. Burst onto the scene in our youth side and impressed in League One with Burton, then seemed to stall a bit. I went to watch a Burton game in the Championship and positionally he was very poor- he was all over the place, losing his markers and leaving space.

He looks to have adjusted him game now- he’s dropped very deep, sitting just in front of the back 4 most the time and providing a very effective shield. He’s very comfortable on the ball too, so he’s always there to provide a simple option for the defenders and he can pick a forward pass.

He's really taken his chance and if he carries on developing at the rate he is, he will be a serious player in a couple of years.

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Choudhury has surprised me, he's been given a real focus and confidence from Puel and it's bringing the best out of him. He's an unusual player and precisely the sort of player who can drop in when Maguire goes on those mazy runs. Sadly, we might be Maguire-less next season but Choudhury is probably 4th choice in midfield now and will get chances. It seems it's the less obvious youth players that are impressing Puel, Elder and Johnson seem to have caught Puel's eye over the likes of Hughes and Thomas.

I would hardly call Elder a youth.

23 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Interestingly we don’t seem to have a destroyer type CDM at England, atleast at u21 and senior level; could potentially fill in that niche 

Annoyingly i don't know if he'll get that chance. Look at England playing Hendo over Dier, u21s playing a similar way as well

51 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Elder is 2 years older than both.

Bloody hell, didn't realise he was that old. Either way, my point was of all the players in our U23 squad I'd have predicted Hughes and Thomas were the ones who'd be out with the first team in pre-season. Seems odd they've not been after being involved back end of last season.

It looks like we might use him on the right of midfield with NDiddi in the centre. I'd prefer if we signed a strong left side midfielder with NDiddi on the right and Hamas playing the Mange roll in the centre.

this would leave us more balanced and difficult to get through.

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

We'll certainly look dangerous with Hamas in midfield.

1994345806_download(1).jpeg.836080cd3dba856ec6bfc8c6c206485e.jpeg

Looks like we're only playing 3 in midfield then? The assault rifles should make up for the lack of numbers though. Gerremin

21 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

He's been involved in the first team for about 6 months and he's already surpassed the likes of Matty James and Andy King.

Both of those need to be moved on. They are lower Prem quality of Championship. Also James is unbelievably injury prone that he’s guaranteed to miss at least 10-15 games a season I’d say.

I’d prefer to see Mendy given another chance than roll out those two.