Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

I think he'll be phased out during the qualifying campaign so some of the younger players are able to get experience in time for the next tournament. It won't just be Vardy either players like Welbeck, Cahill, Young and Delph will be gradually phased out too.

57 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He should be fine until 2020 if he's still scoring goals for us. 

He's bagged over 60 in the last three seasons and there aren't many English strikers getting anywhere near those numbers  

Agreed - but still he can't get into England's starting 11.

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Important the club get his contract sorted early doors. Do not want it rumbling on into pre season.

Don't see the need - he'll be 34(?) when his contract ends and I can't see any other club trying to sign him. He's already on £100k p/w, how much do you reckon we'd offer him? 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

11 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Don't see the need - he'll be 34(?) when his contract ends and I can't see any other club trying to sign him. He's already on £100k p/w, how much do you reckon we'd offer him? 

His agent has proved very adept at generating salary ‘offers’ for his client.

if he can get a two year deal elsewhere on 150k per week (surely possible) then we will struggle to justify holding him on 100k which will simply lead to squad uncertainty.  I think we need to up his existing deal to 125k/week or offer him a years extension on his current deal to 2021. 

I imagine he has has his sights set on the states in a couple years time when his current contract expires so wouldn’t want to extended his existing deal. 125k/week it is then! 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

His agent has proved very adept at generating salary ‘offers’ for his client.

if he can get a two year deal elsewhere on 150k per week (surely possible) then we will struggle to justify holding him on 100k which will simply lead to squad uncertainty.  I think we need to up his existing deal to 125k/week or offer him a years extension on his current deal to 2021. 

I imagine he has has his sights set on the states in a couple years time when his current contract expires so wouldn’t want to extended his existing deal. 125k/week it is then! 

Vardy just seems very isolated now playing for Leicester & usually does for England. It's Mahrez that's able to find him and create chances for him. He's 31 now, I just don't see the point in giving him another contract. The way we play now with the build up play probably suits a target man or possibly Iheanacho who may be better suited & can be moulded into a player better at holding the ball up or bringing the midfielder into play dropping deep etc. 

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Vardy just seems very isolated now playing for Leicester & usually does for England. It's Mahrez that's able to find him and create chances for him. He's 31 now, I just don't see the point in giving him another contract. The way we play now with the build up play probably suits a target man or possibly Iheanacho who may be better suited & can be moulded into a player better at holding the ball up or bringing the midfielder into play dropping deep etc. 

But still managed over 20 goals, even with poor service.

Imagine if he had better service behind him?

Even at 31, he isn't showing much sign of slowing down anytime soon.

54 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Mahrez was indeed finding him on some occasions. Others moreso.. Mahrez will be replaced in the team by another ball carrier or winger - vardy is still one of the best finishers in the league and you pay a lot of money for that particular  ability. 

31 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Vardy would have scored 2 in the semi

We didn't create enough. Kane probably should have scored or played Sterling in but besides that I don't think Vardy would have made a difference.

The paranoia on foxestalk about Vardy and England is a bit irritating, we play one up front because two strikers means fewer defenders or midfielders and Kane is a very capable lone striker whereas in midfield we're lacking; so it doesn't help the balance of the side. Kane is younger, one of the top scorers in Europe over the last few years and is worth building the team around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kane was playing too deep, Vardy would have been on the shoulder and given Sterling some to pass to. Although admittedly, no-one would have played the pass to Sterling if Kane wasn't the one there passing to him!

Edited by jim5000

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mahrez was indeed finding him on some occasions. Others moreso.. Mahrez will be replaced in the team by another ball carrier or winger - vardy is still one of the best finishers in the league and you pay a lot of money for that particular  ability. 

Vardy scored 5 penalties last season I think, Mahrez assisted Vardy 7 times last season. That makes it 7 goals Vardy scored without the inclusion of Riyad in open play. Really need to buy a creative player who can play on the right ASAP. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

he wont play under this manager at the end of the day, it's gazza and hoddle all over again

He's played in 15 out of the 24 games Southgate's been in charge, no way he usurps Kane but he offers a different option and Southgate uses him as such.

I don't believe that Vardy features in Southgates plans long term for England, it's obvious he wants to work with a young set of players and build for the future. Vardy scoring 23 goals last year forced his hand to include him in the squad. If he'd left Vardy out, the press would have slaughtered him. The amount of game time given during the World Cup tells you where he features for England.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Because he Jamie vardy who plays for little Leicester city

Or because the guy in front of him scores more? 

Seriously I love Vardy and I'm not a huge Kane fan but this thread is full of dicks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

Or because the guy in front of him scores more? 

Seriously I love Vardy and I'm not a huge Kane fan but this thread is full of dicks.

Kane does score more but look at the amount of chances he needs.

Last season he scored 30 goals in the prem but took 184 shots. Vardy scored 20 of 71 shots. Im sure if vardy had some of the service kane got he would score just as many.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foxinmyhouse said:

Kane does score more but look at the amount of chances he needs.

Last season he scored 30 goals in the prem but took 184 shots. Vardy scored 20 of 71 shots. Im sure if vardy had some of the service kane got he would score just as many.

I think the gap is a lot closer than most non-Leicester fans do but if you think those percentages would hold up with the sample sizes switched then you're pretty crazy. 

Can't believe I'm having to defend a player I don't even like that much but needs must. Stop being blinkered. 

• Like 1