Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Jamie Vardy

I think the game plan was slow build up, the midfield was mediocre, and the other attackers weren’t playing intelligently.  You just didn’t see many through passes (except from Maguire) yesterday, regardless of recipient.

Vardy did receive two decent crosses in the first half as probes against a fully set defense.  He’s not going to beat a big, international quality CB to score a header on a 50/50 cross.  Once or twice in the second half, the trap was sprung, he was like a sprinter in the blocks, but Rashford or whoever just dribbled sideways or tried a poor shot.  Just Rashford being Rashford?  I did not perceive an anti-Vardy conspiracy. 

The point is, the service was given.  Not that it was ever going to result in a goal.  One can disagree with the conspiracy theorists, while agreeing yesterday’s game wasted JV’s talents.

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

They werent really proper chances though, one was behind him and the other I dont recall being the sort of header chance you'd expect anyone to score

I'm not saying he should have scored them but he must have had at least 2 crosses put in his direction.

Didn't catch the eye but in fairness I don't think anyone would've in his situation. He can consider himself largely unlucky at international level as Kane is delivering regularly, while Vardy ends up situations like last night, in systems where he has no service. The midfield were a bigger fault than him.

Kane's two goals against Tunisia can't be criticised. Took both of them well (the second is not as easy as it looks) and was in the right place. In a night of abysmal finishing by England I can't point at Kane at all there, he had two chances and put both away.

Panama was a bit spawny mind lol two penalties (albeit both brilliantly taken) and the flukiest goal of the tournament so far. 

• Like 4

For me he look sharp, and hungry, will to press defenders. 

Made a couple of chances

for Rashford.

After watching Colombia struggle against a Sanegal side who pressed the defenders, I think there a outside chance he could get back in the team.

I have seen a lot of comments and heard some of the radio shows being very critical of him yesterday but I thought he did well. He chased, he won the ball back on several occasions, he set up the only real chance of the game. He makes runs yet the ball goes back instead. I cant stand it when people say kane was on the bench, he should have come on to score etc. Why do people that are supposed to know about football seem to come out with this rubbish so much. They seem totally blind to the fact that no matter who the striker is if the rest of the team create virtually nothing the striker is very rarely going to score. Vardy used his pace several times yesterday to win the ball back, if kane was playing I dont think he would have been able to do this so I think he would have looked worse in that team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kane's two goals against Tunisia can't be criticised. Took both of them well (the second is not as easy as it looks) and was in the right place. In a night of abysmal finishing by England I can't point at Kane at all there, he had two chances and put both away.

Panama was a bit spawny mind lol two penalties (albeit both brilliantly taken) and the flukiest goal of the tournament so far. 

The second goal v Tunisia still had a lot of work to be done. There was no pace on it and he had to redirect the ball; it was a tricky header and the best of his goals so far this tournament.

When you compare the rest of his goals to Ronaldo's and Lukaku's...

Vardy did all that could really be asked of him given the chances that presented themselves. No complaints from me.

if Vardy has scored Kane’s 5, I’m not sure any on here would be discounting them, much like the penalties in his  run of goals.

Kane has done absolutely nothing that means he should be dropped and is our captain.

i’d like to see Vardy being the plan B not Rashford but there you go.

50 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You could play Vardy in Sterling’s role because, frankly, Stirling is playing like he’s been shot in the leg. 

Not sure if serious.

If so, a tad harsh - considering he's got a tattoo of a gun, which is dedicated to his Father who was a shooting victim.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not sure if serious.

If so, a tad harsh - considering he's got a tattoo of a gun, which is dedicated to his Father who was a shooting victim.

My friend served in Afghanistan. Has nearly the same tattoo. Same place even. 

Unless his father was shot with a military service rifle, it’s a pretty odd tattoo.

Sorry, just had to get that out there. Always thought it was just a very poorly designed / planned piece of ink.

I feel sorry for Vardz when he plays for England. He doesn’t stand a chance with Golden Boy Kane around, even when he started on Thursday he couldn’t get into the game and everyone (pundits) slag him off. I know we all have to arselick Kane and I’m glad when he scores but I just can’t do it. 

The reality is that as some old chap calling into 5 live said: "the spirit may be good but england are so pedestrian coming fwd and cant break teams down"

Vardy has no chance in a team that cant transition  quickly... or with no mids that can look for a pass.  Maguire played better balls fwd than all the england mids put together 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The reality is that as some old chap calling into 5 live said: "the spirit may be good but england are so pedestrian coming fwd and cant break teams down"

Vardy has no chance in a team that cant transition  quickly... or with no mids that can look for a pass.  Maguire played better balls fwd than all the england mids put together 

England has a midfield? lol 

I already know we do not :)

Edited by ithuriel
  • Haha 1