Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Namplys Mendy

Anyone know if he’s going to be moved on? 

It’s obvious he didn’t settle, and was unfortunately injured against Arsenal, just when (IMO) he was growing into the role, in that game, especially. 

Having played for Puel at Nice, I’d personally like to see him given a chance in our squad back here, assuming Puel stays. Think he could do a job in our squad.

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Anyone know if he’s going to be moved on? 

It’s obvious he didn’t settle, and was unfortunately injured against Arsenal, just when (IMO) he was growing into the role, in that game, especially. 

Having played for Puel at Nice, I’d personally like to see him given a chance in our squad back here, assuming Puel stays. Think he could do a job in our squad.

I think he might be a solid player in a side that plays to his strengths - I’m not convinced that’s our side.

I was hoping this thread was a link to him moving on. :(

I was always against this signing when I looked at his stats over previous seasons. Doesn't make many tackles or interceptions and nor does he create many chances. He has good ball retentions stats but if you're not making many key passes this can be irrelevant if he consistently makes safe passes.

A central midfielder should either be a ball winner or creating key passes otherwise they aren't doing much at all.

Would like to see him back as not seen enough of him to dismiss him as a flop. I'm a fan of James & think he's a better footballer than Drinkwater but alas the teams evolving & sadly not not sure he fits in now, same with King great servant but feel he needs to move on.

certain games maybe a Ndidi Mendy combo with Silva playing further forward could work which leaves a handy Iborra on the bench, I say handy as he's the best player we have at defending & attacking set pieces especially corners 9/10 it's him that clears our lines or is getting his head on an attacking corner.

we do still need that creative player but there aren't many Erickson style players around we also don't want to stockpile & stunt our own development players from coming through.

If we're giving him another chance a new system could work well. How about this:

Kasper (younger replacement please)

Pereira

New CB (Dragovic please)

Maguire

Chilwell (or replacement)

N'Didi 

Mendy 

Silva

Mahrez

Diabate

Vardy

Other midfield options are: Iborra, Choudhury and I think we need another promising MF coming through. James and King moved on.

He'll probably come back because of his salary issue's but he's not what we want. We're constantly getting turned over at set plays because we don't have enough of a physical presence. 

I can't see Mendy improving us at all. We need someone to assist Neddi in midfield and have a winning presence at set plays.

We need to move him on even at a loss.

33 minutes ago, KFS said:

If we're giving him another chance a new system could work well. How about this:

Pereira

New CB (Dragovic please)

Maguire

N'Didi 

Mendy 

Silva

Mahrez

Diabate

Vardy

Other midfield options are: Iborra, Choudhury and I think we need another promising MF coming through. James and King moved on.

Why would you even put Mahrez in a team for next season.

It's about a 1% chance he will be here.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Same reason you'd put him in a proposed team for the season just gone. He's still a Leicester player...

Who goes in to replace him then from our targets? 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

How longs a piece of string. None of our targets are anything more than speculation atm.

So forgive me for keeping Mahrez in a proposed team of the season then?

lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

New CB (Dragovic please)

Mahrez

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

So forgive me for keeping Mahrez in a proposed team of the season then?

lol 

Obviously it was not possible to put anything else so you're forgiven.

lol lol lol 

On 19/05/2018 at 14:23, Gerard said:

I was hoping this thread was a link to him moving on. :(

I was always against this signing when I looked at his stats over previous seasons. Doesn't make many tackles or interceptions and nor does he create many chances. He has good ball retentions stats but if you're not making many key passes this can be irrelevant if he consistently makes safe passes.

A central midfielder should either be a ball winner or creating key passes otherwise they aren't doing much at all.

King replacement then 

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

Whilst I agree that he will be in demand - I am not sure you should underestimate the owners as they will expect a big fee which Man City would not pay in January so not sure they will meet the increased asking price now!!

Man U maybe or Arsenal maybe the bigger risks to losing him!

21 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Whilst I agree that he will be in demand - I am not sure you should underestimate the owners as they will expect a big fee which Man City would not pay in January so not sure they will meet the increased asking price now!!

Man U maybe or Arsenal maybe the bigger risks to losing him!

If any of the top six make an offer he's gone. Any offer now will be more than we get offered again. Plus to refuse an offer now he will just kick off again.

He will end up pissing every other player off if he starts again. So our best option is try for as much as possible and get rid.

• Like 1