Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Namplys Mendy

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Al-Nassr could line up like this next season and all it would cost them is a paltry half billion.

Musa      Slimani       Ulloa

King       Mendy        James

Fuchs Morgan Benalouane Simpson

Jakupovic

Ulloa at right wing! lol

Oh, and can the OP please change Mendy's first name to its correct spelling? N-A-M-P-A-L-Y-S

Edited by MC Prussian

He's worked with Puel before, may even have been his captain at Nice so if there's one last chance for Mendy here it's now. I can't imagine he'd want to stay for anyone else and may even want out still, but he's had a doggo stint back at Nice last year and his stock has fallen considerably. 

30 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

I think he will get a few opportunities to prove his worth. His range of passes and style of play may fit in well with Puel system. 

He looked a lot better for us in a 4-3-3 but alongside Ndidi in a 4-2-3-1 could work too. His off the ball screening of the defensive areas was underrated. We were desperate for him to be Kante when in reality he's just a decent passer who defends well and does the simple things. If he wants to stay, Puel wants him and we offload a few others then welcome back Papy.

• Like 2

That 4 year new contract for Matty James was the dumbest thing the club has ever done.

Regarding Mendy, I would like him to get another shot. Iborra, Ndidi, Mendy, Silva and Choudhury are good options. This is ofc if he is happy staying, I feel like he is a forgotten member of the team. The media department never bother getting players like Mendy involved, it's always boring interviews with Albrighton, Simpson, Gray, etc. 

Edited by lgfualol

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

That 4 year new contract for Matty James was the dumbest thing the club has ever done.

Regarding Mendy, I would like him to get another shot. Iborra, Ndidi, Mendy, Silva and Choudhury are good options. This is ofc if he is happy staying, I feel like he is a forgotten member of the team. The media department never bother getting players like Mendy involved, it's always boring interviews with Albrighton, Simpson, Gray, etc. 

Mendy's English isn't very good, and if you trawl through most of the training camp photos there's only about 2 where he's smiling. Probs not best to put him in an awkward position to discuss the coming season when it's likely either he already knows he's going, or isn't sure yet.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Easier to speak to the English players. Also a lot of that might be down to the fact that the 2016 signings were by and large a disaster. Mendy in particular has been almost invisible since he joined us.

Imagine the reaction on social media if he was playing it for laughs on a Leicester affiliated page. He'd be destroyed by fans most likely.

Edited by Blue ROI