Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

18 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Yeah, no. Like really no.

He controls practically anything dead. Head height, chest height or into feet. He's incredible at it imo. 

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

He controls practically anything dead. Head height, chest height or into feet. He's incredible at it imo. 

You're a good poster who talks sense so I almost doubted myself as I read your post. I wondered if we were seeing the same player or if I was indeed wrong. Then I read the post below and I understood why we didn't have the same opinion. 

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Okazaki sometimes has a fantastic first touch. His problem is he has no second, third, fourth, etc touch. Usually he is on the floor by the 2nd touch.

7 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You're a good poster who talks sense so I almost doubted myself as I read your post. I wondered if we were seeing the same player or if I was indeed wrong. Then I read the post below and I understood why we didn't have the same opinion. 

Nobody has ever told me i post sense before!

Can’t we just give him away or let em have him for like £8 million or something?  Get his wages off the books. I like the guy but if we aren’t going to use him then loaning our until he’s worth nothing is stupid. 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Can’t we just give him away or let em have him for like £8 million or something?  Get his wages off the books. I like the guy but if we aren’t going to use him then loaning our until he’s worth nothing is stupid. 

Yes but the only way to get his wages off our books is if another club agrees to pay them, or he agrees to take a pay cut. 

This - more than the transfer fee - is likely to be the biggest stumbling block in selling him (ditto for James, Musa, even King...).

Personally I think if we haven't sold him by the end of next week then I can only see him going out on loan again. 

5 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Yes but the only way to get his wages off our books is if another club agrees to pay them, or he agrees to take a pay cut. 

This - more than the transfer fee - is likely to be the biggest stumbling block in selling him (ditto for James, Musa, even King...).

Personally I think if we haven't sold him by the end of next week then I can only see him going out on loan again. 

Agreed. I know the wages are the stumbling block. Paying big wAges to get players in is one thing, but thought needs to be given to getting them out too. 

On 23/07/2018 at 23:13, murphy said:

Just to digress, I actually met Bananarama at auction a couple of weeks ago.  Well half of them.  Gpt their autographs and everything,

Anyway, they were filming celebtity antique road trip and I bought one of their items, some rather nice Art Deco silver and enamel coffee spoons since you ask, so I'm gonna be on telly when it is aired.

As you were.

Damn, already done by Webbo.

Edited by Max Wall

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Does every club have the same issues getting dead wood moved on? We seem to have a real issue here, probably blocking future recruitment. I imagine Puel is hampered doing any business until the pointless fat cats get sold

We should just take out an ad saying "Mediocre players on vastly inflated wages available now! Don't miss out!!" That should work. 

1 hour ago, tsintskaro said:

He will score 20+ in Turkey

If we can ship Slimani out on a permanent, and add a few clauses to the contract which guarantee we can recoup most of the money we had to dish out for him, such as an initial payment, followed by a few more installments at a later stage, things could work out in our favour and we won't end up with too big a loss.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

In a window when Mitrovic goes for 22 million why can't we flog Slim Shady or Musa Magic for 10 a piece. Surely some club wants a bit of that??

Because it would make us look like cheapskates - after all, we let Mahrez go for a whopping £60m... Need to stand firmly on the ground. :ph34r: