Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Tommy Robinson

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

I've not really read much about it or other cases however, why when the likes of Rolf Harris, the movie guy and other kiddy fiddlers courts etc have come forward and said we want this as open as possible so people can speak out? 

Why is this case different? 

For starters Harris’ case was historical with the victims now adults. 

The case in question here the victims are still underage. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

I have strongly suspected for months now that Tommy Robinson actually posts on football forums...which would explain the recent absence of Gaelic Fox. 

Yeah, he's completely disappeared.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

I've not really read much about it or other cases however, why when the likes of Rolf Harris, the movie guy and other kiddy fiddlers courts etc have come forward and said we want this as open as possible so people can speak out? 

Why is this case different? 

There’s a section 4(2j order in place... placed by the judge.

It’s because there are numerous defendants, who will have separate trials in relation to the same charges. Reporting an earlier case could effect those standing trial at a later date from receiving a fair trial. 

It will be interesting if Tommy Robinson’s legal team now release a clarification statement... OR if they’ll allow the ‘uproar’ to continue unabated.

19 hours ago, Babylon said:

I have to laugh at the people screaming about him being sent to prison without a trial etc. He had the trial some time ago and as you say, the sentence was suspended. That doesn't mean he's a free man, that can be revoked at any time if he's deemed to breach the conditions of it.

He had a trial that very afternoon (Friday). It showed up on the Leeds Crown Court listings for the day. 

19 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Others have mostly summed up the bloke and the grounds for his arrest (Breach of Peace, not Contempt of Court this time, I think). There'll also be plenty about him online.

Quite apart from the risk of prejudicing the trial and causing its collapse and the release of people facing serious charges, there's the issue of anonymity.

Apparently there are designated areas in and around courts where you cannot take photos or film - to avoid identifying unnamed accused, witnesses or family members of victims arriving at court.....obviously very good reasons for that.

Robinson was arrested filming in one of the prohibited areas. Either he is massively stupid, as he could have legally filmed nearby, or he did it deliberately so as to be arrested and to portray himself as a victim.

I tend to think it was deliberate - him seeking victim status. He's always come across to me as cunning and calculating, not a moron at all. When he was arrested, he was quite calm, apparently half-expecting it - and had others on hand to film his arrest and get that online to promote his image as a victim and to thereby build popular support for himself as a leader of "working-class English people downtrodden by the elite" etc. Sounds as if he has been quite successful in achieving his aims.

A bit worrying that some people (though not those posting here) are seeing him as a victim or martyr (as he intended).

I've said for ages that a lot of the conditions are in place for an upsurge in the Far Right - and this bloke is a candidate to lead it.

To clarify Alf... you can’t film in ‘Court Presincts.’ That is what the physical law says, but what that is not defined.

But it’s accepted, you cannot film people entering/leaving court. 

You can, however, film on a public street - hence why some ‘outside’ Court related pictures happen - most notably the High Court, but they are always positioned across the road. 

From the shorter footage I’ve seen, TR was nieve at best; where he was filming in front of the court doors, to the extent you could see ‘Leeds Crown Court’ in the background.

And given his suspended sentence, he should have read up on the law in this area before performing the ‘stunt’. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He had a trial that very afternoon (Friday). It showed up on the Leeds Crown Court listings for the day. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Pretty sure he didn't have a trial.

Yeah he had a hearing, as opposed to a trial, for contempt of court. Breaching his suspended sentence terms and being in contempt of court means your case can be heard within 24 hours I think. And he was represented by a barrister in this hearing where he pled guilty. 

19 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He was up in court and pleaded guilty... call it what you will, he appeared in Leeds Crown Court that afternoon.

B0AD8857-76CB-4329-9C31-6238FE77AE2F.png

I didn't say he wasn't in court, I said he didn't need a full trial.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I didn't say he wasn't in court, I said he didn't need a full trial.

Many cases have an initial court hearing for the defendant's plea, the outcome of which then dictates what happens next. 

Incidentally, I had some goon on Twitter reply to my tweet about this informing me that they've only pinned this on him to silence him. Incredible that the courts foresaw the Messiah's birth and consequently introduced a precedent that would later indict him. And people say the law doesn't move with the times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Many cases have an initial court hearing for the defendant's plea, the outcome of which then dictates what happens next. 

Incidentally, I had some goon on Twitter reply to my tweet about this informing me that they've only pinned this on him to silence him. Incredible that the courts foresaw the Messiah's birth and consequently introduced a precedent that would later indict him. And people say the law doesn't move with the times. 

Yeah that was my understanding of it. Court hearing, he pleads guilty, which means previous conditions of suspended sentence were broken... ergo... you go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Don't get this silencing stuff, they could have just sent him to prison the first time around if they'd really wanted to I imagine.

• Like 1

The case was connected to other ongoing trials. the restrictioms were there so the jurt could not be influenced.

Was his objective for the culprits to wakk free so he could shput set up? I think he is jusy yhick.

There was a case in 2015 in Bristol and where was he then calling for justice? Also a member of EDL was done for assault and TR was calling for his release.

I saw a video of a 15 yr old TR supporter who was saying how he was right about hoards of Muslim rape gangs and they are taking over the country and I thought WTF. A 15 year old expert on law and knowledge of the coming and goings of all Muslims. At 15 she should be cooing over the latest bare chested singer of a pop group. Alo wondered what she does and where does she go to say she fears for her life.

The reponses were amazingly ignorant. From 'A wise girl' to 'She tells the truth' Even Americans were joining in with things like 'Mat God place his sheild over your country to protect you from the invasion.'

I was called a paedo lover after pointing out that TR had broke the law.

There are now TR supporters with 'We are Tommy Robinson' banners. Even Tommy Robinson isnt Tommy Robinson.

He wants others to obey laws of the land yet does not do so homself with a string of convictions including fraud and ABH.

His supporters do not see this though as they are blinded by bigotry and hate,

• Like 1

There was no need for a trial involving a jury. He was up before a magistrate who implement the conditions of his suspended sentence which were if he was to appear antwhere near the ongoung cases he would end up inside.

I had never ventured into the General chat part of FT but this topic caught my attention. Some of the responses have been the most objective, balanced and well written that I have seen across any media platform (certainly wasn't expecting that). The moment people get emotionally involved and blindly "hate" either side of the debate their responses are just unreadable and misdirected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

That's because FT members are among the most intelligent, articulate and well balanced group of people you could ever wish to meet. And very good looking too (mostly)

Speak for yourself, man. I've got through three mirrors this year alone.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

I have strongly suspected for months now that Tommy Robinson actually posts on football forums...which would explain the recent absence of Gaelic Fox. 

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Yeah, he's completely disappeared.

I think @NorthfieldsFox might know what happened to him :whistle:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

I have strongly suspected for months now that Tommy Robinson actually posts on football forums...which would explain the recent absence of Gaelic Fox

2 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

I had never ventured into the General chat part of FT but this topic caught my attention. Some of the responses have been the most objective, balanced and well written that I have seen across any media platform (certainly wasn't expecting that). The moment people get emotionally involved and blindly "hate" either side of the debate their responses are just unreadable and misdirected. 

Well, correlation doesn't equal causation. Not always, anyway....

• Like 1

@Line-X

@Izzy Muzzett

Stephen Yaxley Lennon (Irish Catholic heritage) 

AKA

james smith (for a small period after release form jail for insurance fraud) 

AKA 

tommy Robinson (right wing defender of all that is British and attacker of all that is Muslim) 

Could he be AKA 

as Gaelic Fox ???? 

Explains a lot that does 

????

• Haha 1

You may have already seen this but just to clear up why his sentencing was swift.

The judge said :
“I respect everyone’s right to free speech. That’s one of the most important rights that we have.

“With those rights come responsibilities. The responsibility to exercise that freedom of speech within the law.

“I am not sure you appreciate the potential consequence of what you have done.

“If the jurors in my present trial get to know of this video I will no doubt be faced with an application to discharge the jury.

“If I have to do that it will mean a re-trial, costing hundreds and hundreds and thousands of pounds.”

A re-trial would also mean witnesses in the case would have to face the ordeal of giving evidence again before a jury.

'People have to understand breaching court orders have real consequences'
The judge added: “You have to understand we are not preventing publication. We are postponing publication to ensure that the trial is fair.

“When people are convicted and given long sentences, it is on a proper basis and not a conviction that can be overturned.

“It is a serious feature that you were encouraging others to share what you were streaming live on social media.”

Jailing the married father-of-three, the judge said: “People have to understand that if they breach court orders there will be very real consequences.”

" If something of the nature of that which you put out on
social media had been put into the mainstream press I
would have been faced with applications from the
advocates concerned, I have no doubt, to either say
something specific to the jury, or worse, to abandon
the trial and to start again. That is the kind of
thing that actions such as these can and do have, and
that is why you have been dealt with in the way in
which you have and why I am dealing with this case
with the seriousness which I am. "

• Like 2