Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Tunisia vs England - Monday 18th June 19:00

32 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'll be in London tomorrow for the match.

Anyone in the area watching it in an LCFC-friendly pub in the Saint Pancras/Fitzrovia/Regent's Park area?

Recommendations?
PMs welcome.

The Stag’s Head isn’t far from Regents Park tube, it’s not the biggest but it’s the most LCFC friendly pub in London. Lots of us gather down there for televised City games.

Can’t guarantee anyone will be down there for the England match though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think Tunisia are significantly worse than Switzerland, Portugal, Mexico and Iceland mind. 

They’re a little concerning to be honest, unbeaten in a year before they lost to Spain. Certainly the game I’m sweating the most at the moment. I’m not making excuses obviously if we were any good I’d not be worried, they lack top quality players and have some of their better players missing, but we aren’t. Panama should be straight forward even for us and if we do the job in the first two games belgium shouldn’t even matter (plus you beat them so they must be awful)

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They’re a little concerning to be honest, unbeaten in a year before they lost to Spain. Certainly the game I’m sweating the most at the moment. I’m not making excuses obviously if we were any good I’d not be worried, they lack top quality players and have some of their better players missing, but we aren’t. Panama should be straight forward even for us and if we do the job in the first two games belgium shouldn’t even matter (plus you beat them so they must be awful)

I definitely think Belgium are enormously over hyped. 

They've got some undeniably brilliant players but they're awfully coached, were so under the last regime also, and I've never really seen them click as a great unit. I don't understand what their footballing philosophy is meant to be. 

They're a bit like Brazil, some great individuals but just not really a great team. 

Guest MattP

Just realised the winner of our group will likely play Brazil or Germany in QF, runner up will likely play Mexico or Switzerland/Serbia. (Providing the Group H opposition can be dismissed)

Assuming it all goes to plan England v Belgium could be two teams trying to lose. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Just realised the winner of our group will likely play Brazil or Germany in QF, runner up will likely play Mexico or Switzerland/Serbia. (Providing the Group H opposition can be dismissed)

Assuming it all goes to plan England v Belgium could be two teams trying to lose. 

Crazy eh? I’m still wondering if Belgians will finally click as on paper they should be dominating most teams in the competition.

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Crazy eh? I’m still wondering if Belgians will finally click as on paper they should be dominating most teams in the competition.

Mental. That Mexico result has turned the potential last eight on it's head.

Feasible now that the route to the final for the second place could be...

L16: Poland or Colombia

QF: Mexico, Switzerland, Serbia 

SF: Portugal, Uruguay

Long way to go obviously but you couldn't ask for a better route on paper.

Win the Group and it's Brazil or Germany in the QF and probably France in the SF lol

Edited by MattP

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Mental. That Mexico result has turned the potential last eight on it's head.

Feasible now that the route to the final for the second place could be...

L16: Poland or Colombia

QF: Mexico, Switzerland, Serbia 

SF: Portugal, Uruguay

Long way to go obviously but you couldn't ask for a better route on paper.

Win the Group and it's Brazil or Germany in the QF and probably France in the SF lol

I’d happily take the Poland Switzerland and Uruguay route!

26 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw the result I was frantically working out what we need to do to finish 2nd. Win, win draw but with Belgium sticking a couple more past Panama is what we want. Job done. We're on the March with Gaz's army...

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw the result I was frantically working out what we need to do to finish 2nd. Win, win draw but with Belgium sticking a couple more past Panama is what we want. Job done. We're on the March with Gaz's army...

if we want to win the thing then I don't think it matters how we get there we need to beat what's in front of us, granted some of the smaller nations might be a better route but look what happened against Iceland.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

if we want to win the thing then I don't think it matters how we get there we need to beat what's in front of us, granted some of the smaller nations might be a better route but look what happened against Iceland.

History is littered with teams sinning things because of an easy route, look at Portugal last Euros - only had to beat France who were top class.

One of the biggest myths in football is the cliche you have to beat the best to win something. 

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

History is littered with teams sinning things because of an easy route, look at Portugal last Euros - only had to beat France who were top class.

One of the biggest myths in football is the cliche you have to beat the best to win something. 

Yes, I'm all for having the easiest route possible and it's still not that easy anyway. But I'd fancy us on that run in, I really would. 

52 minutes ago, MattP said:

Ahem.