Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Tunisia vs England - Monday 18th June 19:00

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Mental. That Mexico result has turned the potential last eight on it's head.

Feasible now that the route to the final for the second place could be...

L16: Poland or Colombia

QF: Mexico, Switzerland, Serbia 

SF: Portugal, Uruguay

Long way to go obviously but you couldn't ask for a better route on paper.

Win the Group and it's Brazil or Germany in the QF and probably France in the SF lol

Any of those teams in the 'easy' side of the draw would be confident of beating us lol  

Ronaldo v Stones in the semi. Jesus.

Edited by Max Wall

had about 4 hours sleep out of excitement. driving back to liverpool now, back for the time all reputable boozers open. based from the AM to when vardy rounds off the win with our fifth. 

WE’LL GO ON GETTING BAD RESULTS 

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I do actually agree with your point about not overreacting, for the record. 

But you do have significantly the worst opposition of the teams you've just listed. 

Granted they're all better teams than you, so it's all relative, but Tunisia are naff. You should and almost will be beating them by a couple of goals. 

I believe you are a Wales supporter @Finnegan? I was brought up in Scotland from age 6 and was always amazed at how the Scots would talk England up (much more than England fans did), then, once England had predictably f**ked up, would say England were over confident and arrogant  

I'm not looking for  fight by the way! I generally really like your posts. I'm just old enough to know that England can't afford to believe anyone is a pushover.

I sincerely hope you are correct of course but the realist in me makes me cautionary.  Better squads than this one have struggled with African (and other) 'minnows' before.

Maybe my opinion is tainted by witnessing England 1 Kuwait 0, Portugal (then a minnow) 1 England 0, England 0 Morocco 0, England 1 Egypt 0, England 1 Romania 2, Nigeria 0 England 0, England 1 Paraguay 0, England 1 USA 1, England 0 Algeria 0, Costa Rica 0 England 0.

This 'role of dishonour' are all World cup games England were supposed to 'win comfortably'. Every one of these games was painful viewing.

Let's not even start on European championship let downs.

Granted, I'm a born pessimist, it makes the disappointments easier to deal with.

I'm not saying I'm not behind my country btw. I'm more excited than I should be today, I just hope you're correct lol  

Edit - plus, we have 5 spuds/ex spuds in the starting line up. That hardly instills confidence when the going gets tough.

Edited by Max Wall

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I definitely think Belgium are enormously over hyped. 

They've got some undeniably brilliant players but they're awfully coached, were so under the last regime also, and I've never really seen them click as a great unit. I don't understand what their footballing philosophy is meant to be. 

They're a bit like Brazil, some great individuals but just not really a great team. 

You could really say that of most national teams.

Belgium set a joint record for most goals scored in qualifying didn't they?

They could be better this time around, but I can't see them go all the way either.

12 minutes ago, shen said:

You could really say that of most national teams.

Belgium set a joint record for most goals scored in qualifying didn't they?

They could be better this time around, but I can't see them go all the way either.

Qualifying with a top seeding is different to the finals, even we are reasonably good at qualifying.

I agree with the Welshmen they’ve never quite looked like the sum of their parts, if they ever do their are scary prospect indeed. Although they should win heavily regardless this afternoon I’m confident even we will be comfortable against Panama 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

had about 4 hours sleep out of excitement. driving back to liverpool now, back for the time all reputable boozers open. based from the AM to when vardy rounds off the win with our fifth. 

WE’LL GO ON GETTING BAD RESULTS 

Straight up The Excalibur

@Max Wall there's probably a bit of me that likes to remind you how vastly you're the favourites so I can laugh harder if you lose and not be so disappointed if you win lol

But I try a lot harder as I age to take a step back and be impartial. I was intensely biased as a youth but I'm more than capable of honesty where England are concerned now and generally speaking I think you'll do a very solid, very professional job tonight and stroll out with a two nil win. 

The difference between Tunisia, Switzerland and Iceland is that the latter two have extreme pedigree in keeping games tight, low scoring and defensive. 

Tunisia don't, tbh. I can't see them keeping you out for 90 mins. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

@Max Wall there's probably a bit of me that likes to remind you how vastly you're the favourites so I can laugh harder if you lose and not be so disappointed if you win lol

But I try a lot harder as I age to take a step back and be impartial. I was intensely biased as a youth but I'm more than capable of honesty where England are concerned now and generally speaking I think you'll do a very solid, very professional job tonight and stroll out with a two nil win. 

The difference between Tunisia, Switzerland and Iceland is that the latter two have extreme pedigree in keeping games tight, low scoring and defensive. 

I hate to break it to you but I knew this! lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You are clearly a mature individual. I know 60 year old Scots who would never be impartial with England. lol

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Qualifying with a top seeding is different to the finals, even we are reasonably good at qualifying.

I agree with the Welshmen they’ve never quite looked like the sum of their parts, if they ever do their are scary prospect indeed. Although they should win heavily regardless this afternoon I’m confident even we will be comfortable against Panama 

Careful @Manwell Pablo @Finnegan will be looking for you at the final whistle if England don't win, you've fallen into that old Celtic trap mate lol

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Look at all the optimism and belief in here lol 

Can’t wait for YB29 to smash Kane and Khazri to bag the winner in injury time. 

Mind you don't cut yourself on that edge mate.