Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Tunisia vs England - Monday 18th June 19:00

I think it will be

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Trippier

Lingard

Henderson

Alli

Rose

Rashford

Kane

Walker at RCB has been fine but I do wonder if we're missing his pace at right wing back, but it seems Trippier will play there. Rose is ahead of Young for me, he might go for Cahill but I think he'd prefer Maguire's ability on the ball for this game. Rashford might have done enough to get in ahead of Sterling.

• Like 1

Pickford

Walker

Stones (begrudgingly)

Maguire

Alexander Arnold

Dier

Henderson

Rose

Sterling

Kane

Lingard/Rashford

Alexander Arnold comes in simply due to his set piece delivery which i think slightly sets him apart from Trippier.

I'd be surprised if Henderson were to be used as a lone deeper midfielder.

Edited by martyn

Every single tournament we go into we know we'll do sh1t but there that tiny "what if" bit inside of you that wont go away.  As an Englishman living in Scotland I completely understand why they hate the English media so much but I also can't help but feel wounded when they slag us off and think "you know what, we can do this".

Having said that, I think we'll get out of the group but don't hold out too much hope after that.  We have a decent keeper and good options in defence.  Personally I would go for:

Pickford

Stones  Cahill  Maguire

Walker                           Rose

But we do have options and something like:

Pickford

Walker  Stones  Maguire

Trippier                           Rose

Which is also pretty OK.

Upfront we have so many options and we look pretty strong but we really do look like we are very light in midfield in terms of creativity.  Southgate has said only on of Dier and Henderson will play but other thatn that I have no idea.  I quite like Loftus-Cheek but I worry we don't quite know yet exactly what his best position is.

Having said all that I would personally probably go for.....

Pickford

Stones  Cahill  Maguire

Walker                          Rose

Dier

Rashford  Alli  Lingard

Kane

Probably too attacking but fvck it.  I just think the system relies on the two wider CBS being able to play out from the back and I don't really rate Dier over Henderson particularly but he can drop back into defence more easily so he gets the nod from me.  My heart obviously says Vardy to start but my brain says the system doesn't suit him so bring him on later.

Fvck knows how we'll do, haven't enjoyed watching England play since Euro 96 but always go into every tournament an optimist.  XX

I think the team will be 

Pickford 

Walker Stones Cahill 

Trippier Dier Alli Rose

Sterling Kane Lingard

What I would like to see 

Pickford

Stones Jones Maguire

Walker Henderson Alli Delph

Sterling

Vardy Kane 

Dont think we need to play two holding midfielders, that's why we are playing with 3 centre halves. 

• Like 1

Pickford

Walker Stones Cahill

Trippier Henderson Ali Delph

Sterling  Lingard

Kane

Jones and or Cahill will be above Maguire in the pecking order suspect. I imagine it will be the team that started vs Nigeria with maybe 1 or 2 changes such as Delph/Henderson potentially coming into the side.  

Given all the attention the 10 players we have going to the World Cup have got I'd be surprised if more than 3/4 start the first group game, sadly. 

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Trippier

Lingard

Henderson

Alli

Young

Rashford 

Kane

that would probably see them off, they aren't going to cause us major issues at the back so no need for Rose would rather have young in there

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Who starts for you in our first game?

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier Dier Henderson Rose

Sterling Kane Rashford

Got the horrible feeling Southgate will play Cahill instead of Maguire. He's also said he won't play Dier and Henderson together hasn't he? Unless he was bluffing.

Unfortunately, Rashford has probably put himself ahead of Vardy.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I think the team will be 

Pickford 

Walker Stones Cahill 

Trippier Dier Alli Rose

Sterling Kane Lingard

What I would like to see 

Pickford

Stones Jones Maguire

Walker Henderson Alli Delph

Sterling

Vardy Kane 

Dont think we need to play two holding midfielders, that's why we are playing with 3 centre halves. 

I think your team isn't far off. Those 4 spuds would not fill me with confidence if they all play.

Pickford

Stones - Jones - Maguire

Walker - Henderson - Rose

Lingard

Sterling - Kane - Alli

That's how I've seen our formation under Southgate. 3-3-1-3. Hence why he's reluctant to play Henderson and Dier together.

As much as I'd like it to work I just don't think Vardy and Kane makes sense. They occupy too similar spaces on the pitch. I'd start Vardy against Belgium as the game is made for him.

I thought Rashford played very well against Costa Rica but I still think people over-rate him a bit. Not a huge Alli fan but I'd probably just about go with him.

Reports coming out this morning claim 

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier Henderson Alli Rose

Lingard Kane Sterling. 

I know it's really parochial to say this but I'll be so hacked off if Maguire misses out to Cahill or Jones. Cahill has had a terrible PL season and surely one good game against a jet lagged Nigeria can't be enough for him to get in just because he plays (very occasionally these days) for Chelsea, can it? As for Jones, he's very average on the ball so can't see him playing as a wide centre back in a 343.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I'd 100% start Alexander-Arnold but I think it'll Trippier.

I'd go

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Alexander-Arnold

Henderson

Alli

Loftus-Cheek

Rose

Rashford

Kane

However I think it'll be Trippier in for Alexander-Arnold and Sterling in for Rashford. Sterling and Vardy are better suited against the better teams we may face.

Pickford

Walker

Cahill

Maguire

Rose

Delph

Dier

Henderson

Rashford

Kane

Sterling.

4-3-3.