Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

Premier League Years

4 hours ago, dayday said:

It’s great watching back now, bloody hard at the time.

One of the most emotionally draining years of my life but one I’ll never forget.

Does anybody else ever get hit with the realisation of it? Sometimes I take it for granted but then the magnitude of the achievement blows my mind

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

One of the most emotionally draining years of my life but one I’ll never forget.

Does anybody else ever get hit with the realisation of it? Sometimes I take it for granted but then the magnitude of the achievement blows my mind

i can watch it back fine but it's when it gets to Big Wes lifting the trophy that I have to compose myself.

6 hours ago, dayday said:

I was completely barking during those final weeks... not stepping on drains, always taking the same route to the stadium, going in through the same turnstile.

The standard greeting when taking up my seat was are you ready for another 90 minutes of torture ?? (and that's how it felt at times). Almost felt resent towards the club at times for putting me through it. Didn't really sleep for the final two months and entered some sort of zombie twilight zone. Keeping my head down outside the stadium to avoid having a microphone shoved in my face by a Brazillian film crew. Still not come to terms with it.

Did it really happen ??

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I was completely barking during those final weeks... not stepping on drains, always taking the same route to the stadium, going in through the same turnstile.

The standard greeting when taking up my seat was are you ready for another 90 minutes of torture ?? (and that's how it felt at times). Almost felt resent towards the club at times for putting me through it. Didn't really sleep for the final two months and entered some sort of zombie twilight zone. Keeping my head down outside the stadium to avoid having a microphone shoved in my face by a Brazillian film crew. Still not come to terms with it.

Did it really happen ??

bobby-in-the-shower.jpg

I tried to protect myself from the torture by convincing myself we would blow it and not to get my hopes up. That all crumbled when we beat Southampton at home. I finally dared to believe we could do it and stood there crying in the stands at full time at the magnitude of what was happening. Seeing highlights of that match and Morgan's goal still gives me goosebumps.

Edited by pds
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've still got 4 coffee mugs in my kitchen cabinet that have to be in exact order since that season

Starbucks, LCFC, plain blue, plain blue

If they're ever positioned differently it's a fvcking certainty that we're not winning the next game

1 hour ago, pds said:

I tried to protect myself from the torture by convincing myself we would blow it and not to get my hopes up. That all crumbled when we beat Southampton at home. I finally dared to believe we could do it and stood there crying in the stands at full time at the magnitude of what was happening. Seeing highlights of that match and Morgan's goal still gives me goosebumps.

It was the Sunderland game for me, second i saw the clip of Ranieri teary i think he truly believed at that point. 

9 hours ago, dayday said:

I didn’t enjoy any games from Arsenal away onwards apart from the Swansea home game & the games after we had won the league. 

Them 4 games where we won 1-0 in a row  the last 10 minutes off them games was horrible & not enjoyable at all for me until the final whistle had been blew.

• Like 2

I think the moment I knew we were going to win it was when Ulloa hit that penalty in the 96th minute against West Ham, it felt like it was meant to be after everything went against us in that game.

Never celebrated a City goal as much as that though I can tell you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Watching Wes score those goals against Southampton and ManUtd and lift that trophy and his interview at the end just reminded me even more what an absolute legend that man is and just how vile some of the vitriol he's got recently has been.

yes! I thought exactly the same. Can't hate the bloke. Our captain and he gets so much shit. Yes he may not be the same player he used to be but some of the criticism he gets is unreal.

37 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I didn’t enjoy any games from Arsenal away onwards apart from the Swansea home game & the games after we had won the league. 

Them 4 games where we won 1-0 in a row  the last 10 minutes off them games was horrible & not enjoyable at all for me until the final whistle had been blew.

I regularly tell fans of other clubs that I didn't enjoy it at all until it was done lol

They can't understand it, but the pressure was massive. We all knew it was our only chance- if we blew it, it would haunt us for the rest of our lives. I'm not sure I would have ever got over it properly, especially as it would have been Spurs (I feel uneasy just thinking about it).

I wasn't too bad when I was with other fans and had a few pints down me, but I watched the Sunderland game at home on my own- I was shaking before the game, never known anything like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardsfoxes said:

It was the Sunderland game for me, second i saw the clip of Ranieri teary i think he truly believed at that point. 

Ironically we could have lost every game after and still won the league (in theory I suppose as perhaps spurs arsenal would’ve reacted to a down turn in our form)

I too didn't enjoy many of the games when we were getting closer. I never really understood what pacing the floor was like either, but for a good couple of hours before kick off I couldn't sit still, and literally just had to keep walking around. Proper shredded my nerves for months, but the result was obviously more than worth it 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

That Palace away game where Delaney (?) hit the bar late on had my bumhole flapping about

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That Palace away game where Delaney (?) hit the bar late on had my bumhole flapping about

I remember them getting corner after corner for what felt like an age. At the final whistle I think that’s when fans really started to believe it would happen hence the spontaneous singing. 

What an atmosphere that was as well for half an hour after the game. 

• Like 1