Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Kramaric - Sell on bonus ?

I wonder if Rudders negotiated a sell on bonus when we sold Kramaric to Hoffenheim ? There's talk of selling him (to Newcastle and Bayern) for 50m Euros.  Any sell on clause could net a bit for us.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/hoffenheim-open-to-50-million-approach-for-bayern-newcastle/tft46jyglddw1jhlc9k505sof

Edited by bald reynard

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hes bang average though......

@Babylon

You have a serious problem with someone else having a different opinion. Don't you.

Has he been sold? Nope. Does his chairman saying he'll accept £50m, mean he's worth £50m, nope. Just like Grealish isn't worth the £40m Villa want and won't get.

Soemone paid £30m for Slimani, make him amazing? Nope.

Happy to wager £20 to charity of your choice that he's not sold for €50m.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You have a serious problem with someone else having a different opinion. Don't you.

Has he been sold? Nope. Does his chairman saying he'll accept £50m, mean he's worth £50m, nope. Just like Grealish isn't worth the £40m Villa want and won't get.

???? No not at all, i just think its really amusing youd have that opinion.

He wont be sold for 50 but he will go for a lot more than we got for him. Id have him back in our squad in a second.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

He wont be sold for 50 but he will go for a lot more than we got for him. Id have him back in our squad in a second.

I think for Kram it was just a move too soon to come to us. Had a lot of crap over a work permit. I would take him back in an instant too. But when he was with us he didn't really set the world alight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Safe bet as 50m of any currency and Newcastle do not go together.  lol lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He needed to play consistently to improve, he wasn't good enough for us to start ahead of Vardy and didn't work hard enough to play behind him. He's a good player but the move came at the wrong time for him.

don't think he was given enough time whilst he was here, although it was perfectly understandable why. Played a few games as a lone striker in a 5-4-1 with konchesky and Simpson as wing-backs so was pretty isolated, plus the Vardy-Ulloa partnership in the great escape and then the Vardy-Okazaki partnership the following season (both very successful) meant that it was hard for him to feature and make an impact. I'd still say that those decisions are justified though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

The irony of him saying that you have a problem with someone else disagreeing with you.

Badgers people to death if they don’t agree with his posts, hence why his made about 50k posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'm sure he will as the market has moved on again. We're spending £25m on a player from the championship with one decent season under his belt.

Kramaric was average for large parts of last season, but had a good finish as I said before. Was outscored by Nils Petersen, Mark Uth, Niclas Füllkrug, Kevin Volland, Timo Werner. Got the same as Michael Gregoritsch and only one more than Sandro Wagner, Alfred Finnbogason, Salomon Kalou.  He got only one more than Okazaki got 14/15 and less than he got in 13/14. Some very average players hit the markers he's currently doing.

What he's doing over there isn't particularly standing out from the crowd. I've watched him play plenty the last year, often absent, often not involved. Sure the lad has bags of talent and will do some fantastic stuff during games, but his problem is getting it together on a consistent basis and that's what takes players to the top. He'll have a decent career, he'll probably get himself another big move, but I just don't think he'll set the world alight.

You disagree, that's absolutely fine. No skin off my nose, but you really don't have to @ me every time he does something or someone puts a ludicrous valuation on him. I'm sure you'd have got bored very quickly during his run of 23 ish games without a goal for Hoffenheim last season if I was doing that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, danny2997 said:

Kramaric was given more than enough chances while he was here, and playing well in a different league for a team implementing a different style of football doesn't prove he'd be any better for us a second time round. 

Tbf he was playing in a rubbish team (at the time). We were dire. Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater etc were also incredibly average that season but were given another year in the PL to impress, as they did. 

Forget a sell-on clause, what about a buy-back clause?

Really wish we hadn't sold him as he showed raw potential when he was here, but just needed games. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he seems to have come on absolute leaps and bounds. I'd have him back in a heart beat.

(copy and paste for when Iheanacho leaves after next season because we don't start him)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

He'd never suit our team, got to be part of a fluid front three which is a system we've not done in years. Really should have had a buyback clause but i'm sure we'll learn from this.

Why would we want to buy him if he’d never fit in our system? 

Please don't say to make a few extra million, surely the Thais wouldn’t feel the need to dictate his future, he didn’t down tools and de-rail our season did he :ph34r: